[APP][Pro] Telldus Live NEW DEVELOPER NEEDED :-)

Have you read the instructions on the top of this page ?

Hello Thank you for the response. Yes I have read the instructions but i don’t understand where to write the keys.

To create OAuth tokens:

• Go to Telldus Technologies
  • Click on “Generate a private token for my user only”, and follow the instructions.

Then install the “Telldus Live” device from the app.
Enter the public key, private key, token and token secret that you created.

Now you can install sensors, dimmers and switches.

Hello again I am sorry but I am still missing something.
“Then install the “Telldus Live” device from the app.”

What do you men by Telldus Live” device

After installing the app, and generating the keys, you must add a “Telldus Live” device like this:
Skjermbilde 2023-03-10 kl. 08.52.49
and enter the four keys.

Hi Thanks for all the help and your patience. Now I understand what you mean.
1 Like

I have just started testing this app, but encountered a problem with the local-auth node program - it does open my browser, but when I have logged in I am redirected back to my zNet where it gets a 404 because:

The path '/tellduslive/authorize' was not found.

Any ideas?

Answering myself: I tried the same in Safari (was using Chrome) and now it worked

Hi.
Great app!!
Is there a way to migrate Devices and shedules from Telldus live/local to Homey PRO?
I am thinking of the possibility to use Homey PRO as the sole controller

Thaks

Hi, I first tried the live variant, but it didn’t work very well because access to Telldus has been poor lately. So I installed the local variant. It works really great for switches, and I’ve been able to pull in some temperature sensors into Homey Pro 2023. However, the temperature sensors don’t update at all.

For switches, especially old 433 switches, I now use my Tellstick as a bridge, but for temp sensors it doesn’t work, as I can import them, but they don’t update. I’ve set the app for updates every 60s.

I did have two Tellsticks set up for local access, but I now removed one to see if that makes a difference.

Update, I’ve now removed one of my Tellsticks, and switches still work and it feels even quicker to activate/deactivate them via Homey than via the Telldus app. However, my sensors still don’t update properly. After I restart the Telldus Live App, they report values for a while, but then they stop, and don’t start to report again. At this point, switches still work properly.

Update2, I’ve now also noticed that even though it works perfectly to activate or deactivate switches that are configured on the Tellstick from Homey via this app, they have the same problem as sensors in that a while after restarting the app Homey can read their statuses properly, but then after a few hours both sensor data and switch statuses are no longer updated from the Tellstick in Homey.

Any suggestions?
/Kent

Maybe i also have similar problem.
Have Two Tellstick to get 433 temperature sensors and control z-wave from distans in to homey. (local)

For me i loose the telldus connection for both and i don´t get them online again before i reset the whole Homey, then they going back online.

I may have accidentally stumbled on the solution to my problem with no updates of temp sensors, or at least part of the solution.

I’ve also had problems with network timeout towards my Homey. If I’m at home I have experienced it mostly when I try to save advanced flows I’ve just changed or added. The save then fairly often fails with network timeout. When I’m away from home I have worse problems; if I open a flow it often says card cannot be read (or some similar) if I can even open the flows at all.

I sent a support ticket to Athom for this and they informed me that my power adapter may be faulty (not giving enough power I assume). I switched it to another adapter 5.2V 2.4A and since then both all my network timouts have disappeared and it looks like readings from Telldus works properly.

I’m thinking there is still some improvement that could be done in the Telldus Live app. The thing is that with the original adapter I still get sensor values for approximately 1-2 h, but then they stop, and they don’t come back again until either I restart the complete Homey, or if I restart the Telldus Live app. Here it seems to me that even if fetching the sensor values fails one time it should continue to fetch the next time. Note that even after it stops fetching sensor data, it still works to activate or deactivate switches via the app.

/Kent

I have tried to read whole chain, but yet unable to understand my issue.

1. I have succesfully added 2 sets of Teldus Live
  • one Telldus at home (with Homey Pro 2023)
  • Other Telldus at summer cottage
  • FYI only (Homey connected to Alexa /Alexa connected to Telldus as well, one way from Homey to Telldus working via Alexa mid-code)
  1. At home I have moved all logic and sensors/switches directly to Homey (so no issue there)

2. Plan was to use Telldus at summer cottage as remote location (as was been mostly OK) as I assumed, that I would be able to add summer cottage existing 433MHz sensors (Telldus brand) and switches (Nexa brand) as devices to Homey via Telldus-live.
    e.g. One sensor-data (from 'live. telldus. com/ sensor/ index")
    -------> Protocol: fineoffset / ### Model: temperaturehumidity / ### Sensor ID: 135 / 4.8°C / 71%

3. Anyhow always getting only “Failed to retrieve sensors.”

(Alexa would be OK for me, but not good as cannot get sensor data as only “one-way”)

Any advice what to check next?

Is there a problem with the local connection to homey?

For me there was first a lot of on of connection, that i could correct with restart of the app or the homey. but now nothing work, its just offline. (Telldus is online). It was in the summer i needed to renew the connection after a year. So its not near that time of year.

I have had same issue, was working only few weeks locally, then offline all the time… Assuming you also have fixed IP for Telldus…

Anyhow my plan is to get fully rid of local Telldus (all moved to Homey, testing ongoing before jump over) and use it only at Summer cottage, so have not bothered…

My problem is that my area is large so i need an larger antenna for the 433 sensors. Telldus was the only thing i come up with. Is there any other ideas to repace it with?

corrected:

Still issue when trying to find sensors & devices : I can see sensors on Telldus API, but cannot get any of them to Homey Pro - e.g

{
“sensor”: [
{
“id”: “155719xxx”,
“name”: “Hxxxxxx”,
“lastUpdated”: 1699639061,
“ignored”: 0,
“client”: “162036”,
“clientName”: “ayz”,
“online”: “1”,
“editable”: 1,
“battery”: 254,
“keepHistory”: 1,
“protocol”: “fineoffset”,
“model”: “temperaturehumidity”,
“sensorId”: “135”,
“miscValues”: “{}”,
“temp”: “6.3”,
“humidity”: “69”
},

}

For Telldus Local:
Then install npm i -g telldus-local-auth, from telldus-local-auth .

Sorry for being such a noob…but I don’t understand this step. Is “npm i -g telldus-local-auth” a file that I should download from Github…and if so, how/where do I install it?

I did manage to get the “Telldus Live” thing to work…so I can at least be a little proud of that. :smile:

Finally got things working (hard to see why I dod not try same before :thinking: )

Sharing just in case someone else face same issue…

• re-added again both Telldus-devices (online only needed in my case)
  • removed hidden-status for needed devices / sensors (could see that only un-hidden seen in Homey, at least in adding-phase)
  • added remote sensors
  • added all remote devices (as only unhidden devices shown)

No one that can help me with this? :slightly_smiling_face: