[APP][Pro] Tapo

Hey, I will try to release a test version today with L920 (since i see it’s pretty similar to L930).

You can add more devices but one by one.
It uses MAC discovery but for some reason it only discovers the ones that are already added. I really don’t know why.
I am working currently on changing the add device flow, as you say, to add the ip address configuration as part of it but the documentation about this flow isn’t as good as I would have liked it to be and it doesn’t feel so straight forward.

I added a new version 2.3.0 in test so you can use that and see what needs to be fixed.

Thanks @donkfather ! I’ll try your change. If I find issues I can try to do a PR for GitHub - bhdit/homey-tapo. Thanks for making the repo public!

@donkfather great job with the app! Nice to see Tapo devices are being intergrated into Homey! I can’t wait to get cameras implemented. Person detection would take take automations to another level!

Hi, Would like to see support for the L530e. What info would you need or would it be easier just to send you one for the bulbs? Just let me know.

The Tapo L900 is working well.
Maybe I have done something wrong with P115.
However, I can’t get a single P115 (I have 6 pieces) to work via Homey Pro 2023.
I select the Tapo app and P115. A window appears. Immediately after I press “Connect,” it goes off instantly.
Their first half of the MAC address is:
30:DE:4B
A8:42:A1
98:25:4A
5C:E9:31

1 Like

Now I am happy. It works well when I added the devices from the computer. It was from my iPad that it did not work.

Hi! My new P115 cant be found. Mac adress: 98-25-4A-34-9A-F2

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the world of Homey and this is an eye-opening experience diving into everything Homey has to offer. However, I’ve run into a snag that I hope you can help me with. I’ve been trying to install the you’re Tapo app on my device, but I keep getting an error message. My primary goal is to connect my Tapo P100 smart plugs with Homey to start integrating them into my smart home setup.

I’m not exactly sure what’s causing the error during the installation process. Could it be compatibility issues, or perhaps there’s a step I’m missing? If anyone has experience with Tapo P100 smart plugs and Homey, or if you’ve encountered similar installation issues, I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to resolve this.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance. Looking forward to becoming an active member of this community!

This app is only compatible with Homey Pro because it uses the LAN communication with devices.

Cant seem to connect my L900.
I have tried the steps in the getting started section

I get the message: Device supports KLAP protocol - Legacy login not supported

first half MAC address:
5C-62-8B

Got it.

I just changed the IP address of the L900 a couple of times, to a few different ones. Suddenly it connected.

Hi,
Is it possible to program the vacuum cleaner of Tapo ?
We have the RV30 Plus:

Hello, I have Tapo L920 and I have this problem:

In the mobile app, I select the Tapo app and the L920. A window appears to enter the IP address and immediately disappears.

When I try the same procedure from my computer, I can enter the IP address, but the connection then ends with time-out.

MAC of the first one is:
B4-B0-24.

Please help me.

I bought 4 TAPO P115’s but upon adding them to my Homey pro i get a short browser like screen then it dissapears and my device doesnt get added. I already entered the login details and saved (save button doesnt seem to do anything though) and restarted the app. Still its not adding. What to do?

MAC of the first one:
98-25-4A-E1-90

Please help

1 Like

Anyone who can help me? I still cant add the plugs to Homey.

The page i get is an IP adress page but it dissapears quickly.

The plug has a static IP (set on my router)

MAC: 98:25:4A:E1:95:E3

There is a problem with the new Nodejs and I’m looking for a fix. Will be a couple of days probably.

1 Like

Hi. Could you please add the Tapo P300 smart power board. Cheers

Same problem here…

After install the Tapo app, registering my Tapo account does not work. The save changes button does not work.
I restarted the app and tried to add my P115 smart plug. That does not work either.