[APP][Pro] Systemair

No, not as far as I know

Hi! Im having issues with this app. Maybe someone can assist:)

2 times in the last 4 months homey has claimed the IAM not not is in modbus mode. he first time I added the device again, and it worked fine for 3-4 weeks. The second time I didnt do anything for 2 months, and it suddenly started working again.
Now, 2 weeks later it is not responding. It times out according to homey. When I check the settings it is in modbus mode. I tried restarting homey, the IAM and the homey app. Still no response.

Fixing the issue by removing the systemair device and adding it again is annoying because I need to update all the flows with new cards. There are not that many flows, but a lot of cards.

Any ideas what I can do to make this device/app more stabile?

When it works this app really makes my home smart, so I desperately want better stability:)

I use the outdoor temperature from the my Systemair unit to update a virtual temperature device and with the cold weather I discovered a potential issue with how negative temperature variables are handled in the Systemair app.

As soon as the outdoor temperature becomes negative the value in the device jumps to 6553.6 C. If the variable is a 16bit integer scaled for display with a factor of 0.1 I assume that bit 16 is the sign bit. So after updating the flow which sets the virtual device to deduct (2^16)/10 from the value from the SystemAir device my virtual device displays correctly for negative temperature values

Could you check and possibly fix in the next release?
(Note: this issue was not pressent with the cloud Interface)

I too am experiencing incorrect values on outdoor air temperature with negative temperatures. I also previously used the cloud interface before it was broken by systemair and had no such problems then.

Hi, how do you find the IP adress for Modbus IAM?

1 Like

Same here, I do not use the temperature for the moment, but display 6553 degrees in my system when in real the temperature is -2

@tomsle @Snood @pehau
Yes, this is clearly a bug in the app. Will try to fix

2 Likes

Is it possible to use the SAVECONNECT app as well as the Homey integration at the same time, or do I have to switch the IAM adapter to “Modbus Gateway TCP-RTU/RS485” mode to make it work with you app?

I also wonder if modes for central vacuum cleaner and cocker hood will be available later on?

The IAM only works in either Modbus or Cloud mode
 Not both.

I think central vacuum cleaner and cooker hood is only automatic based on digital inputs, and cannot be set at modes.

Hey @balmli :blush: I’m in the middle of building a house and want to get started with Homey Pro, and will have the systemair ventilationsystem (SAVE VTR 300) (without the touch panel), i know i need the SAVE CONNECT, but since i’m completely new to this, could you provide a small guide as to how to get it to work with homey pro?
Only if it’s not too much trouble!

Thank you😊

Hi,

Yes, you need to install the IAM - Save connect module. Normally it is in “cloud” mode, and you can use Systemair’s app to control the system.

To integrate to Homey you need to put the IAM in “modbus” mode, and it reacts to modbus commands. In “modbus” mode it does not react to “cloud” commands, and therefore you cannot use Systemair’s app to control the system.

So:

1. Install the IAM module

2. Put it int “modbus” mode. See chapter 4 here: https://shop.systemair.com/upload/assets/SYSTEMAIR_IAM_MANUAL_EN_SE_DE_NO_FI_20190429.PDF

3. In Homey: install the Systemair - Homey app (Systemair App for Homey | Homey)

4. In Homey: install the Systemair Modusbus device. The app will search for the IAM module. If it does not find the IAM module, make sure it is on the same network as the Homey. Check the IP address of the IAM in your Wi-Fi router.

And if there are any issues, please contact the community here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solved, but no idea why or how
 After checking stats, it seemed to have been out since the update. So probably just user error :blush:

Hi all,

Is there anyone else having trouble communicating with the modbus module? I have restartet all connected systems and ensured that the cloud solution is working when switching from modbus to cloud. When trying to switch back to modus, I can’t seem to get a connection to the module through Homey. Any ideas?

Hei @balmli !
Takk for all god jobb med Homey!
Error: FĂ„r “enhet ikke tilgjengelig” etter 1.6.1.
Har rebootet Homey, kun app, og hele aggregatet inkl kontroller.

Hi @Ole_Landfald

Yes, I was working with fixing the app for the new Homey Pro 2023, and that introduced a bug for the automatic “MAC address discovery”.

It is fixed in v. 1.6.2, I hope.

Waiting for the review from Athom, but you can install the test-version from this link:

NB! Check that the IP-address for the IAM is correct in Adv. settings.

Thanks!
Ip are correct.
Static assigned trough google mesh.
1.6.2 arrived now, and we are back online.
Thanks!

I have installed the Z-wave adapter from Systemair. I am able to change fan speed to low, medium and high, but when I try to set fan speed to Off, I get an error
 Any suggestions?

That command class doesn’t have an “Off” as value option, so that is probably why, and thus will probably need an additional on/off capability.
Depending on version of that command class it can have these available options (doesn’t necessarily mean it supports them all, but those are the available options the manufacturer has, it is possible to ask the device for the supported modes if wanted):
Mode (from version):
Auto Low (v1)
Low (v1)
Auto High (v1)
High (v1)
Auto Medium (v2)
Medium (v2)
Circulation (v3)
Humidity (v3)
Left Right (v4)
Up Down (v4)
Quiet (v4)

I have the VTR300
 The Main reason I purchased the z-wave adapter was to be able to set the fan Off
 I guess I should have done more research before purchasing the adapter
 My bad :rofl:

Hmm, double checking the device’s manual and then back to the command class specification it should support “Off” (from v2) but it is a bit different then just sending “Off” as value, but is an additional value besides the mode values.

Not quite sure what you getting atđŸ€Ł
Are you saying that it should be possible to turn the fan Off?