[APP][Pro] Systemair

yes, it should be possible, but probably implemented wrong in the app as it is kind of unusual implementation by the z-wave creators.
He’s free to contact me for any help of course.

So, this is a job for @balmli?

1 Like

Hi @balmli . With the new Save Connect 2.0, it seems they are opening for controlling the Connect module through the cloud. Any chance you are going to update the app to support this?
This way we could use both the Save Connect APP and Homey at the same time?

4 Likes

Hi. Thanks, this seems great!

I haven’t gotten any luck with save connect 2.0 yet. The user manual of Save Connect 2.0 has no mentions of how to set the IAM module in «TCP converter mode» (if even possible). I get the following error when trying to connect to the IAMs static IP: Error: Connection is refused (10.0.1.17:502). Check that the IAM is in Modbus TCP converter mode.

Has anyone been able to work around this? Or will a rewrite as outlined @Peter_Gulliksen’s post be necessary to support save connect 2.0? Thanks.

2 Likes

I am facing the same challenge. So far unable to find an obvious way of activating modbus.

@balmli Is there any chance of bringing back support for the cloud version?

2 Likes

Same problem here. I hope the app developer has time to work with the latest new hardware version.

Same issue her. After a few tries i finally connected the module to wifi with WPS, but i have no idea how i should be able to get it in tcp converter mode and add it to homey :confused:

I have the same problem with save Connect 2.0.
I hope this can be fixed.

Yupp! Same problem :slight_smile:

Got the same issue.
The unit got delivered today and it has the non-ethernet and USB-C connector design.
As the illustration from @Peter_Gulliksen and @jrd - there is no way to select cloud or local management.

Does anyone have the new unit with Micro-USB instead of the one with USB-C to compare HW/SW?

I got the same issue. The new version seems not to have the the possibility to use “Modbus TCP mode”. Very strange. Is there any other way to use the new 2.0 IAM module?

Thanks in advance.

I have waited for the Save Connect module for more than a year. When I got it I was disappointed. As others have described - no ethernet port and no option to set it in Modbus TCP mode. I am returning it.
The sollution for controlling the ventilation system from a smart house system (I use home assistant) is to use a RS485 to TCP converter. This description (in Norwegian) shows the setup og the converter and the physical connection to the ventilation unit: Mini-guide: Hvordan bruke Modbus (med HomeSeer) - HomeSeer - Hjemmeautomasjon
The trouble with the Save Connect module gave me the motivation to follow this guide and set up control of my Systemair VSR300 from Home Assistant. And it works. Two simple automations use the status of the Verisure alarm system to set the ventilation unit to away mode when armed and back to normal when disarmed. This may be modified later with a delay before setting away mode if the moisture or CO2 level is to high anywhere in the house. I hope you all find sollutions that work for you.

Same problem. Hope developer finds a workaround!

I do not manage to set the IAM to Modbus TCP modus.
The IP address brings me into the menu for ventilation.
I have tried to connect according to the manual: SYSTEMAIR_IAM_USER_MANUAL_MUL_V5.PDF
Are the new Save Connect 2.0 missing the possibility?

It seems they’ve changed it up a bit. However you can still call modbus via their webservice.
Just send the modbus commands in a JSON to either saveconnect.local/mread or saveconnect.local/mwrite as parameters as a JSON string where the command are keys and values are values.

So as it is, it should be possible to do whatever you did before but not directly via modbus it seems.
But would be nice to see if the IAM module could open the port.

Example:

EDIT:
Realizing that Homey uses Google DNS and the webservice mentioned above restricts requests to IP address, it might not work so well from homey…to be continued…

2 Likes

I think we are talking about save connect 3.0 now

ok, interesting.

How/where did you find api docs / mapping for for the keys?
I.e. { “Inbuilt Extract Air Temperature”: '12343", “Mode”: “1161”, “Target temperature”: “2000” }

thanks,

It’s in the javascript of the local webserver in the IAM. Just rightclick in the webpage and read source and read in the IO.js section.

Send me one of those please :wink:

And for the official modbus documentation you have this one: