[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Those should be emitted over ONVIF.

I have onvif enabled. But I don’t get any notefications and the status page in homey for the camera never changes even when the reolink app sends me notefications. I have also created a flow in homey that would send me a push notefication if motion is detected by the camera, but it does not trigger.

Have you turned on the motion detection in the Homey device using the button?
Although I’m not sure if the Reolink cameras support it as I seem to recall there was something about Reolink cameras that didn’t work.

No. I did not know that was required. But now it works excellent! Thanks for the help :smiley:

Btw, it now spams me with notefications upon detection. Is there a way to increase the duration between notefications?

In the Advanced settings of that device. You can set interval etc.

Hi, I need advice on integrating Hikvision cameras into Homey.
The Hikvision app is not supported on the new Homey, but I managed to connect the cameras via the Onvif app.
In Hikvision app is everything ok and the motion alarms are deteced. In Homey via onvif is the motion still false positive.
I,'ve tried everything possible in Camera settings in Homey:

1. Prefer pull event yes / no
  2. Change Type of notification to use to motion detect to:
  • MOTION (IsMotion)…false positive
  • ANALYTICSSERVICE (IsInside)…still negative
  • MOTIONALARM (State)…false positive
  • DIGITALINOUT (LogicalState)…still negative
  1. change Device class between Sensor and Camera… Also without result.
    Nothing is working.
    Does anyone know what to do with it please?
    Thank you very much.

Have you enabled motion detection in the device page as shown here [APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41) - #1313 by mhemil

Yes I Have enabled motion. But then I have still the motion alert active.

This are my settings:
Mabye it could be some problem with the time, because the camera time is not showing…

Ah, sorry, I misread the false positive.

Could you open the app settings page and select the Diagnostic log tab. Then set the log level to Basic Information and trigger motion, wait for a couple of minutes and then send the log.

I made it and sent the log. I noticed that the camera time is showing now, but with wrong time. Mabye it could by some problem with it.

I was trying to add my HIKvision system (3 camera’s) with the onvif app.
So the configuration was pretty straight forward.
IP adres from the cam.
Login from the cam.
Port 80 (tried 800 as well).

Somehow I keep getting “Error: Discovery error: socket hang up”

The onvif is turned on with an onvif user created as well.

So in the end I managed to add 1 cam, but I can’t add the other to. The reason seems to be that HIKVision places the onvif under the same IP but other ports.
Like 192.168178.237:65002 and 192.168.178.237:65003.

While adding, the app recognizes “Duplicate Device Data”

Normally, for an NVR, the same ip and port are used but with different channel numbers.
Could you set the log level to Detailed and then add the cameras followed by sending the log.

The log is showing the camera is spamming the app with motion set to true many times per second, but not one false.
I can only suggest there is an issue with the camera. Can you make sure it’s firmware is up to date or contact the manufacturer to see if there is a fix.

I presume you sent a log earlier where the cameras are not discovered. Could you make sure ONVIF is enabled in the NVR settings.

The onvif is enabled now in all 3 camera’s. I needed to log in to them seperately.
Howerver I managed to add 2 cams, the 3rd gives the error. I will send a clean log file in a minute.

My camera’s are all (automatically) assigned differrent ports. In the browser this works:

192.168.178.237:65002/Streaming/Channels/1/picture
192.168.178.237:65003/Streaming/Channels/1/picture
192.168.178.237:65004/Streaming/Channels/1/picture

I have 5 cameras with the same problem. All are actual. Mabye it could be problem that I have enabled continual recording 24/7 on NVR?

I have 2/3 working. Just checked, all settings (apart from the internal IP and the external port are exactly the same).

I deleted the Onvif app + all cameras in Homey and added them via NVR by adding channels. Previously, I added cameras individually by IP. Now after turning on motion detection in Homey, motion is not detected at all (false negative). I’ve tried switching between single mode: MOTION, ANALYTICSSERVICE, MOTIONALARM, DIGITALINPUT and it never triggers motion detection.
I am sending a new log. I don’t know if the persistent sending of push in the log is not caused by continuous recording, but in the original Hikvision application it works without problems… it continuously records + detects the movement of a person in the marked area. I don’t know if Hikvision transmits this information via onvif to Homey.
If it could be fixed, that would be great. This is how cameras are useless for use in flows in Homey, even if they support the Onvif protocol.