[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Should have sent the log now.

1 Like

I have published a new test version for you to try.

All my cameras produce between 4 to 6 KB of data so I set the buffer limit to 10KB. It seems your camera produces about 12KB of data, hence the error. I have now increased the buffer to 20KB so hopefully it should now fit OK.

It didn’t seem to make any difference when it comes to Motion detection, also tried changing “ONVIF Motion Notification to use”, with no change.

Have taken some snapshots of settings in device. I will try to send a new log file now.

The log shows you are still on the same version (2.0.11) and not the test version (2.0.16).
If you go to the app in the app store, make sure you add test to the end of the URL, or scroll down to view the change log and then click on the test text next to the 2.0.16 information.

Sorry about that, your right. It works now. Thanks.

1 Like

I just added the D-Link DCS-8302LH. It adds itself to Homey with no problems, but the picture does not update. And no alarms gets triggered in Homey.

Could you open the Configure App screen, set the log level to Detailed Information, then go to the camera device and refresh the image, then go back to the Configure App screen and send the log followed by clear log.
Next make sure the Motion detection button in the camera device is white and then walk in front of the camera. Then go back to the Configure App screen and send the log again.

Anybody any information to solve this ???

Mark

It could be one of the following:

• The camera uses an authentication method that is not supported.
  • The username or password is incorrect.
  • The snapshot feature is disabled in the camera.

All I can suggest is to check the camera settings to see if there is anything that would be blocking it.

All working now. Installed everything new and now it works. No idea
. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I just got the new Reolink Doorbell.

It is connected to homey with the onvif app.
If I am correct the doorbell supports onvif t profile.

Also when the push button is pushed it should send a message with the onvif protocol.

Is it possible to get a message when the doorbell is pushed?

The reolink doorbell is now supported.
When the button is pressed, the general alarm goes on and you can use a flow card for other actions.

1 Like

@RobVos can you tell me how you set it up?
I have the same doorbell, but so far no luck.

You need to use the test version as I haven’t submitted it for verification yet.

Ah oke thnx! I just installed the test version. Do i need to adjust certain settings? Is there a extra alarm i need to focus on? Or does it use the exisiting alarms and homey triggers?

Because on the scrypted app i had to set the event to: RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor to make the push button trigger work.

Once the app detects the doorbell alarm, it will add the standard ‘general_alarm’ capability automatically. So, now you have updated, press the doorbell and you should see the new alarm appear in the device and an extra Flow action appear.

Thnx for the quick reply! It Is not yet detecting it. I will give it some time.

Hmm, it should pick it up as soon as you press the doorbell.
I’m not sure if the doorbell needs to be configured to send it through.
Maybe your can open the Configure App screen and set the log to Detailed Information. Then press the doorbell button and then send the log. I can then see if the event is coming in and being processed.

I tried to set the log to detailed info. But it doesnt show anything when i press the doorbell button. I have installed experimental app version 2.0.19. That is the right one, correct?

I do see logs when i refresh the snapshot. I have send them to you by the send log button.

Btw the motion trigger is also not working if iam right. When i check the last motion event its showing the time i added the camera.

The snapshot does show the image correctly and it does refresh when i click on the refresh button.

That is the correct version.
On the second tab of the device, can you ensure that motion is enabled as in the image?

One thing I hadn’t thought about is when motion detection is not enabled, it won’t register to receive events, so the doorbell button won’t work either.
Can you check in the camera settings to see if anything needs to be enabled to send events?