[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Can you try the test version. I have submitted for it to be released but I’m not sure when Athom will have time for the review.

The test version works just fine with HP23.

1 Like

Regular version did not install in new Homey Pro 23, but new test version did. Thanks for fixing that. Hopefully this new version will be approved soon by Athom.
Really happy with your app on my old Homey early 2016.

1 Like

I am currently unable to integrate the Imou Ranger Pro camera. The camera is found by itself via the IP. I keep getting a SOAP error message (Error: ONVIF SOAP Fault). Since it does not change no matter if I enter the data correctly or not admin + device password, I suspect another error than wrong credentials.

Do I need to enter a specific port like 554? Then I get the error message: Error: read ECONNRESET

Anyone have any ideas what could help? Thanks a lot!

Could you go to the Configure App page, select the Diagnostics tab and set the Level to Full Information. Then try to add your camera. Once it has shown the error, go back to the Log and tap on Send Log.

I reset the camera once and set a new device password. Apparently it was no longer what I had stored. I also disabled the video encryption. Then it went :).

2 Likes

I’m not sure how many are aware, but I only recently discovered, if you right click on the image in the web app and select view in a new tab, you see the full resolution image instead of the small thumbnail that is shown in the device page.

Thanks to your app i could install my reolink doorbell wifi. But it doesn’t get a trigger like motion of doobell button pressed. It only says: “Last valua unknown”
The logging is saying: "App.unscribe: no push entry for host: 192.168.1.24
Server closed. I get a thumbnail on the device.
onvif are both on 8000
and HTTP on 80.
Could you help me? Thanks

Could you send me the log.
Also, just to be sure can you verify if the motion button is on?

Thanks Adrian. I didn’t switch on motion detection. I thought it was just a indication.
Now when i press the button i see visitor detected.
But this won’t trigger a flowcard to announce it over my google speakers.

I sent you a large log. I hope this helps?

I have a Reolink door bell connected to Homey via the ONVIF App. This is (part of) my flow:

Thank you for thinking with me. I see a vistor detected light up when pushing the button. But no general alarm.
Strange thing it is a reolink doorbell wifi and i read in the forum that when the button is pushed it would present itself (general alarm.)

Must i set it as sensor instead of camera?

FWIW, I have the same doorbell and its ONVIF implementation is quite unstable, at least the events part of it (I use it together with one of my own projects). Sometimes it will emit all motion events (MotionAlarm and PeopleDetect when it detects a person, for instance), sometimes only one, sometimes none at all.

I was hoping these issues would get fixed with the new firmware that was released last week, but that firmware has now been pulled from the Reolink servers twice already because they can’t get it stable (I installed the first version when it came out and it made the doorbell lock up every few hours, I had to e-mail Reolink support to get the old firmware so I could revert back).

1 Like

Hello Robert. I also have the new firmware thru there website. And it is indeed gone. Maybe that what you found out is the issue.

But i have a temporary work around for android users. Install marcodroid on your phone.
When your phone receives a notification " Visitor from reolink ******" then http get.

It works for me. I hope it helps you.

I don’t have Android, but I do have a few alternative methods of receiving events.

I have published a new test version that should fix the Flow triggers for custom events.

I saw it. Thank you. Visitor works perfect now. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I have some Hikvision Cameras connected, but it seems the Onvif app doesnt sync the DST settings from the camera

on the left you see the onvif app, on the right you see the web interface of the camera

Most cameras send the time in UTC format and Homey’s not good at displaying times. Older firmware used to have the timezone set so it converted UTC to local time. Newer firmware doesn’t do that so it is the app that has to jump through hoops to get timezones and DST info and adjust the time before displaying it. I’m not sure if I have forgotten to change the app or if there is an issue with getting the required information.
What timezone are you in?

first: Thank you for your fast response!

Maybe the DST info isnt right …
i am in the Netherlands , which is CEST , because the summertime has been started.

(Daylight Saving Time 2023 in the Netherlands)