[APP][Pro] Strava app

Hi there
Thanks for the update.

I managed to get a proper interval for total km ridden up and running. If target is hit, it notifies me and add another 300km until next message.

I should be able to do the same for hours, but I can’t figure how to read the current amount of ridden hours on the bike, to be able to set a start timer.

It would be nice to be able to see current hours, and maybe also how many it was in May. Then I can set a starting point, and add another 100 hours to it.

Thanks for the awesome work.

Hi @Gudi,

Thanks for your message. The solution you created for yourself looks very good. Thanks for this chimera.

Did you know that you can see the actual distances per activity type when you open the ‘Device card’ in Homey? You will get something like below:

In the device settings you can even configure if you want to see;

• distances/hours spent from 1st januari this year or
  • based on a sliding window of for instance 30 days or
  • all time totals

Footnote: the way you have solved it now only works if you only use a combination of 1 gear (1 bike or 1 pair of shoes) and 1 activity type (only running of walking). When you use multiple activity types OR multiple bikes or pairs of shoes it does not fullfill the desire.

Knowing that all, I think I will add the following function to the app;

• Add all of your used gears to the device card in spent time (hours) and distance (kms) per gear item (it will show total spent time and total distance per gear item)

With that I expect that you can accomplish what you want to do with it.

Two questions for you:

• does this work for you?
  • you talked about ‘stats per May’. What do you mean exactly by that?

Hey @Gudi ,

I have added the functionality as described earlier and it is released on the test-channel: https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.thayoung1.strava/Strava/test/.

Your feedback is welcome

When I go into setting of Strava, i get en Error: 404:

With the update, the and cards have gone away. So before I could say “and bike: bike 1”:

But maybe the new configuration will add this feature.

Hey Gudi,

In the end I have choosen to implement another solution. This solution is mentioned in post [APP][Pro] Strava app - #21 by Gudi.

Here are the steps on how to configure this:

• Add an ‘IF’ card for your gear and unit of choice (hours or distance). For each of your gear item 2 'IF" cards are present
  • You can check against a numeric variable in which your maximum hours/dinstance is stored
  • You can add a ‘THEN’ card in which you subsequently add a number of hours/distance to the mentioned variable as you desire. For this you can use the flow card ‘Calculate %number_variable% as %number%’. You can make calculations in the %number% field, for instance {{#number_var+300}}

Example flow: Shared Flow | Homey

Since 5 days app stopped functioning, did a re-install and now I cannot store my credentials when creating new user (both desktop and mobile) and in the settings of the app I see this screen:

“Placeholder gear usage”

Did send a report: b331c3a5-c2fd-43bf-abdb-ae185eb2f65b

Hi Wout,

Still experiencing this problem? In the diagnostics report you sent me I see that the ‘webshook’ at Strava won’t delete properly. If you are still experiencing this, I will look into it.

Yesssss indeed tried to connect yesterday, but still not functioning @ThaYoung1

Can you please follow these steps to see if this solves the problem for you:

And try again.

Hi @ThaYoung1 I did that (again) but the point is that the app is “hanging” both on desktop and App, also after re-installing. It looks like this on desktop:

Hi Wout,

I published a new version of the App on the testing channel: Strava | Homey.

There was a change at Strava regarding webhooks that impacted the App. I have changed some things on the App side. Can you install this version 1.8.1 and try if it works?

Regards

installed 1.8.1 version didn’t work, de-installed and re-installed then I could fill in the Client ID and secret, but then it keeps spinning… now I have the same situation as before … Kudo’s for the efforts trying to solve this!

Can you try adding the device 3 times in a row? I suspect that it keeps spinning the first time but works the second time. If that does not work, can you create a new ‘diagnostics report’?

1 Like

Diagnostic report: 030fb5f7-8333-4800-a029-89852dd2ca7a
Uninstall and re-install let me try it one time, the second time results in spinning screen

I also have the error 404 with version 1.70.
Even with version 1.81 installed, this is no better.
I can’t get it to work.

Screenshot Version 1.70

Screenshot Version 1.81

Can you please send me the complete url (which is partly visible in your screenshot)?

1 Like