[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

I would like to have on the smpl display the production data of the panels separated from those of the battery as in the SolarEdge application…

let me check, yes , I added measure_power but that broke the change trigger and got tickets.

let me do another attempt.

meter_power is harder, solaredge is doing this automatically but you also know battery charge and discharge
will this work for you

Thanks

Question. I have set the tile to show the current solar power. On the phone/tablet this is working. But in the browser it keeps showing the temperature. Not really a big problem, but would be nice if I see the solar power also on desktop tile.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-03 om 11.51.32

ps. Nice to see this app working again with the new solar edge firmware update :smiley:!

1 Like

Hello Sjoerd,

for me it worked to set it first to none
after that again to solar power

2 Likes

Ah, now it is working :smiley:. Thnx @Wibo!

2 Likes

nice, I had the same issue on the web and also somehow it worked for me last week.

thanks

Hi, all

So if you are using the test version of the app then you probably notice it also starts to support growatt with modbus tcp. To help the growatt owners in getting almost real time data or at least not delayed or throttled .
On the solaredge there is no change and probably this version stays on test for a while.

thanks Edwin

1 Like

I have a strange ‘problem’. Every day around the same time, the solar panels give a value that is very high and incorrect for a short time. In the screenshot you see 2x high value, we can’t even generate 9000w (there aren’t that many panels). And today it rained all day, rest of the day is also around 30 watts.

In addition to a LUX light sensor, I have the solar panels as a backup for when it is too dark (and the battery of the lux sensor is empty) that the lights go off / on. Due to this sudden increase, the lights go out while it is too dark :slight_smile:.

interesting, you can send me a diagnostic report during that time. can see if it is the app or not, but I just do pass through. Can try to add some filter but that will restrict it to 5k or so.

So I guess it is something on your electric lines or inverter, Also make an issue on solaredge for this.

This is a report I just made now. The event was around 5.10 pm yesterday. 32907eae-99dd-4f65-a00e-0ef75327a3f1 Or is this data not in the report anymore?

I made an extra variable that the wattage should also not exceed 4000 watts. So the problem is solved that way, but it is still a bit strange :slight_smile:

In the SolarEdge app I can’t see any strange things.

I also still have the other app ‘Zonnepalen’ on Homey. This does not give an increase at the same time. But that app updates every 15 minutes. So maybe not saying that much.

thanks , the logs only greps a few minutes but at least you know when this happens. yep the rest uses cloud data and only 15 min. so it can be it is lucky, missed or filtered out.
this polls every 30 seconds for 5 seconds. You will see everything or the chance is higher to find issues

send you the output.

Thnx. I will try to grep the logs around the time it happens. Maybe that will tell us more :slight_smile:

Now something else happend. Out of nothing it gives a value of 0 watt. Can it show this behavior if wifi drops or something? After a couple of minutes 2-3 it is normal again.

Report: f91d7edd-f3d1-4675-8656-eadc8d761bb8

saw your report, it can be your inverter, high voltage or some inverter bug/modbus bug.

power_ac 0 0 Power power_ac_scale 0 xxx Power Scale Factor

power_ac 22213 -2 Power power_ac_scale -2 xxx Power Scale Factor

power_ac 5549 -1 Power power_ac_scale -1 xxx Power Scale Factor

status = 1 which if off

power_ac 0 0 Power
power_ac_scale 0 xxx Power Scale Factor
current_dc 0 0 DC Current
current_dc_scale 0 xxx DC Current Scale Factor
voltage_dc 4162 -1 DC Voltage
voltage_dc_scale -1 xxx DC Voltage Scale Factor
power_dc 0 0 DC Power
power_dc_scale 0 xxx DC Power Scale Factor
temperature 3435 -2 Temperature
temperature_scale -2 xxx Temperature Scale Factor
status 1 xxx Status
vendor_status 0 xxx Vendor Status
maxcurrent 56.56854248046875 xxx Max Current

power_ac 3670 -2 Power
power_ac_scale -2 xxx Power Scale Factor
current_dc 8948 -5 DC Current
current_dc_scale -5 xxx DC Current Scale Factor
voltage_dc 4164 -1 DC Voltage
voltage_dc_scale -1 xxx DC Voltage Scale Factor
power_dc 3720 -2 DC Power
power_dc_scale -2 xxx DC Power Scale Factor
temperature 3447 -2 Temperature
temperature_scale -2 xxx Temperature Scale Factor
status 5 xxx Status
vendor_status 0 xxx Vendor Status
maxcurrent 56.56854248046875 xxx Max Current

and 5 = Producing (Throttled)
wow, are there any issues with too many production?

I see. Thanks for you research. Probably a bug then, I think. High voltage is not reached today, to cloudy. Never had any problems with high voltage…

I only have 5 solar panels on east and 9 on west. So high voltage is not possible i think?

I made a extra variable to check after 5 minutes again before doing an action.

check inverter status. but 5 , did you do that?