[APP][Pro] Solar Forecasts (SolCast + Forecast.Solar)

New breaking change from version 4.0.9:

• Forecast.Solar uses geographic orientation, South = 180, East = 90
2 Likes

Hi, iā€™ve been using this great app for over a year now.
I just was manually checking the solar forecast (solcast) for today and noticed my ā€œvoorspelling vandaagā€ has not been updated since 4 months. All other parameters areā€¦

I have a flow that fetches the update every hour between 8h and 17h (new api)
Any thoughts on how to resolve ?

At what time do you fetch the update?

Since one of the last updates it doesnt fetch it automatically anymore.

You have to make a flow to update this at +/- 02.00 (cest)

ok, thx will adjust ; was updating starting 8 am cest

HI @Pieterv123 , seems that ForeCast.Solar stop working for me 3 days ago, not sure if you see anything in the logs ā€¦

I sent you two logs, seems after I restarted APP, it got successfully updated. Probably the issue occurred after Homey restart. aac893e7-d77d-40f8-9cbe-df16d50aed02 ā€¦ I guess you will not see probably any errors after ~76 hours of uptime, so just FYIā€¦

Yeah I have the same and I got a few more reports.

It has something to do with Homey latest firmware v12.0, but I still donā€™t know what

2 Likes

If you do a manual call for each Forecast.Solar device, I think it works.
(but I will fix this anyhow when I find the reason)

2 Likes

Ran into this app today and will try it for potential future use!
I wanted to start with comparing the Solcast forecast en the forecast.solar forecast. The Solcast forecast works.

But, forecast.solar does not (yet). In the previous posts I see the advice to do a manual call. Is this called by a flow and then start ā€œPress a buttonā€ / ā€œDruk op de knopā€ of the corresponding Forecast.Solar device?
If so: it doesnā€™t work here.
If not: how should I do a manuall call?

manual call is pushing the button, knob.

If it doesnā€™t work you can send me a diagnostic report

Thanks fpr the quick reply, but does not seem te be needed anymore. Values are present and will manually update every 15 minutes for now with a flow.

I have 2 seperate systems which differ from eachother. I choose to add those as two different systems in SolCast. Any best practices how I can combine those in one device?
I was thinking to make a virtual device and (with a flow) combine the values together in that virtual device. Or are there any better suggestions here?

[Edit]
I am learning by the day :slight_smile:

I was using Advanced Virtual Devices already (app [APP][Pro] Advanced Virtual Device (Device Capabilities App) with Unique Text Status Indicator ), but did not yet discover that an Advance Virtual Device by default can sum (or average, or other calculations) values of multiple other devices. So this works! :slight_smile:

1 Like

the documentation is not good enough, but you donā€™t need flows to update forecast.solar, this is automatically.

And Forecast.solar only gives updates every hour, so no need for 15 minutes interval

ah, this post made me think that temporarily a manual update is needed: [APP][Pro] Solar Forecasts (SolCast + Forecast.Solar) - #228 by Pieterv123

1 Like