[APP][Pro] Solar Forecasts (SolCast + Forecast.Solar)

Did you make flows to trigger an update?
Or click the button?

Double check for typo’s

I have problem with my API Call today. I don’t know if this is somehow related to the lateset update of Homey Pro?

I tried via the button only so far. Wanted to make sure this was working properly before setting up flows.

For me also api error since this morning 8:00 (Dutch time). Where can I discover the cause of the error? And how to reset this? I’m only on 3 of 10 calls.

Report 7a34b04d-b1dd-42cb-b355-08ee7da57868

It is an error 429

I think it is a server problem of Solcast

I have the same and my home assistant configuration also

1 Like

@Pieterv123 according to the solcast status page everything is ok.
Is the app retrying the api call itself? A manual call by using the button doesn’t change the error, timeline and error time.

If you have configured flows, it will retry at these times or when you push the button.

There is nothing I can do for the rest

I have configured flows to do api update call every 2 hours between sunrise and sunset. But it looks like the device is hanging in the call at 8:00 am. Restart of app doesn’t solve this.

Error 429 is to many requests (link)
But I’m only on 3 for this day. I suppose some kind of error on the solecast side.

Well let’s wait for the reset at midnight and look what happens tomorrow…

It doesn’t hang, it will always close the connection after trying.

I cannot change this log, this the only thing I can program with it. I would also prefer to write more data in the logs.

If you login on Solcast, you will see no api calls are used, and that there is no data in Solcast or Json.

https://toolkit.solcast.com.au/

You can see more info on the github of home assistant

https://github.com/oziee/ha-solcast-solar/issues/307#issuecomment-2138028079

1 Like

The answer from Solcast:
Apologies for the issues. With the explosion of hobbyist users, we’ve had to make changes to ease the use on our infrastructure.

We made some changes this morning which should resolve the toolkit, though as for your API request, we recommend randomising when you make the call to minimise the chance that you’re making API calls at the same time as other users.

We are currently keeping an eye on our hobbyist traffic and determining potential other solutions.

2 Likes

If hobbyist traffic is really cause of that, I guess then they have quite a real issue, few API calls a day? :thinking: I wonder if there is not something else behind.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that info, obviously your integration works as it should.

Worst case I can adapt the app, or make a second app using Forecast.solar

From my experience the data is less accurate (because it is free) and they have an api rate limit of 12 calls (ip based)

1 Like

Haha I did exactly the same…
No luck getting any extra calls

And got the story about subscription too…

:beers: Have a great weekend

1 Like

I must admit that since my original request, I managed to operate anyway with 10 API calls (5 per each string).

How dit you distribute the 10 API calls over the day?

…maybe not ideal but it’s working for me.

1 Like

I added Forecast.Solar in the latest test version.
It is a slightly different approach than Solcast.

• no need for API keys
  • just add all the parameters when adding your PV installation.
  1. kWp of your installation (use . as decimal)
  2. -Orientation of solar installation (180 = south, 0 = North)
  3. Tilt/declination of installation (0= flat)

You can add multiple installations.

API Limit: 12 request by hour, updates of forecast are hourly.
The app automatically updates the values every hour, no need for flows.

If there are bugs, let me know

4 Likes

Hello,

I can not see the ‘Forecast today’ (Voorspelling vandaag). It says; 54 years ago.

And how do you reset the ‘API error’
It says it has an error 5 hours ago, but keeps blinking red.

Did you read the instructions from the first post and did you make the flows to trigger the update?

It works! Thank you!
I didn’t read it.