[APP][Pro] Shell Recharge - Smart charging at home for you electric vehicle

Same problem as mentioned by others; times out on trying to add my account.

Thank you very much in advance for looking into the problem!

I’m having the same timeout issues as @Heiko_Haasjes earlier. I also created a report in the HomeApp.

report : 0e0fc8ce-c128-43c9-b5e8-378d8a9404ac

1 Like

Same time-out issues as others. Would really like to see this app working on my homey. Who can pickup development?

I have a new version of this app comming to the store (3.0.0).
For people who want to test it, here is the test link:
My New Motion | Homey

Its mostly a update to make it work with Homey SDK 3. I hope I fixed some minor flow events.

For people who have trouble adding devices, please use this version and send me any reports after the problem occurs.

Hi Kaoh, I’ve tried to add a new charger. Unfortunately the installation process stops at login. It says autorization failed.

if you are sure thats in error, please send an error report.

This is brilliant!
I got it to work finally. I had time-out errors previously, but it seems this update did the trick.
Only the Icon is not showing properly, but that is nitpicking.

thanks for the feedback. i hope it also solves other authentication errors

Thanks! It’s working!

Feature request if I may. It would be nice if you could add a charging card belonging to a different NewMotion user.

Thanks for your effort in making this app work again!

Time for a new version, its ready in test at this time:

It adds support for new Flow cards that allow you to:
Start a charge session and select the card/car you want to charge.
Stop a charge session.
Conditions: check if a session is active, or a specific card is used or a specific car is connected
Triggers: most triggers now have a token that holds the car and card names that are attached when the event happens.

If you start a session with the new start charge action it will update the assigned card/car of the chargepoint as the current used info. The on/off will now use the latest used card/car combo to start a session.

I am hoping this supports the multi car ownership a bit, it allows you to start one session for one car with the company charge card for example and another car with a private charge card. The provided power value will be used in the Homey power dash to estimate currents used.

Interesting request, but I need rfid tokens to start sessions. The number printed on cards does not provide that. So I think that might be a step to far at this point.

Thanks. Just to clarify our situation, the charge point belongs to my wife’s employer together with her electric company car and NewMotion charge card. I also have an electric company car, with a NewMotion company card. My card belongs to a different NewMotion account. What I meant was, that it would be nice to be able to use multiple cards from multiple NewMotion accounts.

Thanks for the update by the way!

i think you can add that card to your wifes new motion account. is that being blocked by new motion? but yeah technically that could be possible, but its hard to support this right in the ui.

A new test version is available:
My New Motion | Homey

I released a bug fix version a couple of weeks ago with support of hansallis to fix a new token issue that appeared and now a new issue with chargepoint id appeared. So hansallis created a bug fix before I noticed it stopped working. So thanks for that :slight_smile:

He also added a feature in the previous release that the active card tokens now use the printed card name from the card that is actually uses to start the session either by the app or by the website or by swiping a card. Thats an improvment over the previous method that I remembered the card that was used by the app to start a session.

Not sure how long the approval will take, so if it broke your flows and you need a quick solution, you can grab the test version

Hi all,

I believe the switch from the new motion to shell recharge(https://account.shellrecharge.com/) broke the authentication in the app. Any one else experiencing that the charge session can no longer be started?

2 Likes

Same here,

Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined.

If you are capable of adding the below to your router / firewall this seems to be a workaround until the code is adjusted to point to the account.shellrecharge.com instead of the my.newmotion.com:
my.newmotion.com to map to 52.17.124.177 instead of the old 34.241.140.55 that is now a reddirect to the shell page.
52.17.124.177 my.newmotion.com

Thanks for testing that. I will create an update this weekend, if this workaround works it should be a pure domain change.
I had some pending changes i was testing, hoping those wont frustrate, cause they will be pushed also. :blush:

yes only one code file to edit (3 if you include the readme files)