[APP][Pro] Shell Recharge - Smart charging at home for you electric vehicle

So I just published the new version with the altered website url in the code (not in the readme just yet :slight_smile: ). Like stated before I includes a minor change I did some time back to support multi car/card flows better. But I cant remember exact what I did. But its running for me again.
I believe I changed the way we read the active card used from the active session now, instead of remembering from the activation. But that introduced a special scenario that cause a trigger to fail for one action card. That is what I think I fixed.

Hi there @Kaoh ,
I wonder if this worked before the update but i have multiple chargers and it seems that all commands are executed against the one with the lowest serial number on Homey.
the start charging and end charging than cards seem to do this as far as i have tested.
The is there a charging session active when cards are not showing true while the charge point is activated. This is one of the ways for me to detect if a (my) car is connected when the charge point is activated.
could you please check if anything has changed?
i can send you a diag report if required.

You say you wonder if this worked before the update, why is that a doubt? Is this a new situation?
I only have one charger, so hard to confirm. But ill give the code a scan to see if i can think of a reason.

I was not using the start charging with card and car and stop charging cards before. i was just turning them on and off but that does not work as expected (we have talked about that before). i am now using virtual devices that are showing the used power (measured by a shelly EM) and turning them on and off with the start and stop charging cards. The back charger was charging and i turned on the front charger thru a flow. When that one did not have a car attached it was turned off and that also stopped the charging of the charger in the back. So this is a new chapter to the new motion charger saga… i am also looking to see if i could see if a connector was connected but that also does not seem to reply the correct values.
please let me know if you want me to test anything.

Hello, I have a question about adding the device in the homey app. I do have a shell account and 2 registered cards. but when I’m adding the device I receive an error after selecting the attached car and one of the two charge cards. in android it says:
dutch “Een onbekende fout is opgetreden” / english “An unknown error has occurred”

in Windows is says: (see picture)
homey1

the device is added but I’m missing the charge card information: )see picture 2)

is there something wrong on my side or could it be something else?

anyone an idea?

I have the same.
I thought it is because i have one of the first editions of the New Motion Chargers.
It is about 7 years old.
How about yours?

the NewMotion charger or (shell recharge charger) is installed in march 2022.
shell recharge recharger

Can you send me an error report please directly after you get the error?
I have multiple registered cars and cards so i dont see a reason why you get the error.

Also, when you do have a session active what fields are working?

Hello Kaoh,

I have two cards and one car.

Diagnostic report: e62b6114-e7e5-42dc-8f2d-e72100d62112

The active charge card is not available in the app (see picture I send before), al other features are working properly.

André

The picture above is without an active session, charging is no, then we never show a card.
Only when the session is active will it show, so the car must have turned the light blue. While teal, connected but not active its not shown.
So please check ik it while your car is drawing power.

yes, you are right about this. I do see the active card when it’s charging. but I was confused when I saw the error when adding the device. but it works fine. thank you.

in Windows I see this, when adding the device. but it’s available in the app afterwards.
homey1

Hi,
When i install the app, i can choose the card and car.
But in a flow i cannot select a card…. I can select the car

What goes wrong here?

Hi @Kaoh ,
The login to the shell API from homey seems to fail.
Can you check if that is also the case at your end?
Login to the webpage and mobile app works.

Correct, Allis already noticed that and commited a fix. I just published that fix.
For me it now works again :slight_smile: check for version 3.3.1

@Twan that indeed is a strange bug. Specially since you can see the card while adding the charger. Its the same backend call for those two actions.
Can you try again after updating and then if you still get this, send me a bug report directly after performing this action.

1 Like

seems to work now, thanks!

Thanks! Working again :+1:t2:

I’m a fist time user of the app. On several attempts to install I get approx 50% of the time a cannot log-in error. When I can log in I get an unknown error on installing. The only thing strange I see is that there is no icon on the tile. When I want to add it manually I see that there is no default icon.

Can you post a screenshot showing what you describe?

Sure. I deleted the device and re-added it again. Today no login error. From left to right: 1) You see me adding the device. 2) I then almost immediately get the error message. In the top you already see the new device. As you can see, there is no icon on the tile. 3) the device seems to work as I can see that i’m currently loading and the on/off button works just fine (too fine, see my next message). 4) if I manually truy to add the correct icon, it is not available to select.

Homey has a nice feature. When you click a tile the device behind the tile toggles on / off. When you want to enter the settings of the device you need to long-press the tile. Unfortunately I sometimes (or maybe I should say: very often) press too short. Hence, toggling the device in-stead of entering the device settings. For a light switch not an issues but for some other devices like airco’s but also this charging point a bit annoying. Is there any way to avoid this. (other then me not pressing too short, that is).