[APP][Pro] Send SMS

I see on their website that they changed their API. My test account was deleted though ( :unamused: ) so I need to ask them again for test credit to be able to convert to their new API

Yes I saw they had deprecated old api link. Thanks for quick reply :slight_smile:

Morten Myrseth

Thanks for both reactions. Yes I configured also a flow and that worked even automatically. But most months I do not use my full 150 calling minutes/SMS messages. So I thought for me that function is mostly €-free. And many Apps can send e-mails so I do not see the point that it falls beyond the scope of the Homey App. May be I search for an App which can send a SMS by touching one button.

New test version 2.3.0 available here:

Since for all three providers I do not have any test credit, can you please test if it works and let me know? I will wait to release the app in the Homey App store untill I get a confirmation that all is good.

Hello Gruijter,

Thanks for the update but unfortunately it didn’t work

Wait no in fact it’s working ! I saw error in the log but the messages were send :grin: ! Nice work !!! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

I dont know the price of electricity there, but for 30W router etc consumption its here something like 0,09€ per day. And thats almost the price of SMS you are mentionig :wink:

Awesome. I’ll test it right away. Thank you very much.

Morten Myrseth

It works great now. Test message came right away. Thank you so much

Morten Myrseth

1 Like

If you want, there are the error codes for free mobile provider :

‱ 200 : Le SMS a Ă©tĂ© envoyĂ© sur votre mobile. (The SMS was sent to your phone)
‱ 400 : Un des paramùtres obligatoires est manquant. (One of the required settings is missing)
‱ 402 : Trop de SMS ont Ă©tĂ© envoyĂ©s en trop peu de temps. (Too much SMS were sent in a short time)
‱ 403 : Le service n’est pas activĂ© sur l’espace abonnĂ©, ou login / clĂ© incorrect. (The service is not activated on the account or login/password wrong)
‱ 500 : Erreur cĂŽtĂ© serveur. Veuillez rĂ©essayez ultĂ©rieurement. (Server error, please try again later)

Thx. I will try to implement this.

Thanks to you :slight_smile:

Yes you are right. Here the price for 30Watt per day is €0,17 Eneco-Netherlands so that is about twice the cost of the SMS. If I switch it ON and OFF every day from my holiday it will not bring my power costs down. A reason extra to use the SMS inside my smartphone.

I found an App called ‘Opdrachten’ for my iPhone (see logo) App-Opdrachten
After opening I now can select two shortcuts: SMS-ON and SMS-OFF.
But Apple won’t allow any third-party apps to send a message without you explicitly tapping the Send button. So after that I have to press a second button in my standard SMS-App to send the SMS to my Smart Switch at home. So I will use that App.

I used this app with Twilio and it worked very good.

But there was a limitation in Twilio (also confirmed by Twilio) that I was unable to set my own norwegian number in the «from» field.

So are there any providers that let me set my own number as sender, and also is supported by this Homey app?

Yes, this is supported depending on the provider. At least all the Dellmont providers have it (after verification of your own number using their web login)

Hi Gruijter, i’ve tested sendinblue is working fine. :clap:
Thank you very much ! :pray:

1 Like

Works perfectly with VoipCaptain :smile: now homey can send a sms to a trusted person when one of the doors opens, while I’m on holiday :slight_smile: I used a timer as ‘end’ condition, so the trusted person won’t get spammed by SMS and I save some money.

1 Like

Does anyone know of possibilities of recieving texts to Homey? Alternatively if adding this could be considered, possibly for a donation or fee? Using Voipcaptain.

Scenario is that my alarm system when the fire alarm is triggered when we are not home and alarm is connected will amongst other tasks send us a push asking if we want neighbors informed. If we accept or if we don’t deny within the time limit it sends a SMS to them with information and a request for them to check it out.

I want to be able to make a query where they can send a SMS with an unique phrase over text so the lock unlocks and gives them access so that either they or the fire department can get inside. Also a query for locking the door, resetting the alarm and turning off the lights all is well.

The telegram app lets you receive a message on Homey. But they need to install the telegram app on their phone.

Or you could go via IFTTT. I think they support up to 10 free messages per month.

1 Like

@Gruijter
Hi, do you think it’s possible to add Pulse SMS to the list of providers?

Cheers