[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

Not that I know of in regards to a central way to know this.

Hi,

Can you add my tv type as well? Thanks

{
  "device": {
    "FrameTVSupport": "false",
    "GamePadSupport": "true",
    "ImeSyncedSupport": "true",
    "Language": "hu_HU",
    "OS": "Tizen",
    "PowerState": "on",
    "TokenAuthSupport": "true",
    "VoiceSupport": "true",
    "WallScreenRatio": "0",
    "WallService": "false",
    "countryCode": "HU",
    "description": "Samsung DTV RCR",
    "developerIP": "0.0.0.0",
    "developerMode": "0",
    "duid": "uuid:8a51cc5a-b75c-45a0-b3fc-d6c14cd8e683",
    "firmwareVersion": "Unknown",
    "id": "uuid:8a51cc5a-b75c-45a0-b3fc-d6c14cd8e683",
    "ip": "10.2.0.13",
    "model": "20_NIKEL_UHD",
    "modelName": "QE55Q60TAUXXH",
    "name": "[TV] Samsung Q60 Series (55)",
    "networkType": "wired",
    "resolution": "3840x2160",
    "smartHubAgreement": "true",
    "type": "Samsung SmartTV",
    "udn": "uuid:8a51cc5a-b75c-45a0-b3fc-d6c14cd8e683",
    "wifiMac": "a4:30:7a:0f:a4:dc"
  },
  "id": "uuid:8a51cc5a-b75c-45a0-b3fc-d6c14cd8e683",
  "isSupport": "{\"DMP_DRM_PLAYREADY\":\"false\",\"DMP_DRM_WIDEVINE\":\"false\",\"DMP_available\":\"true\",\"EDEN_available\":\"true\",\"FrameTVSupport\":\"false\",\"ImeSyncedSupport\":\"true\",\"TokenAuthSupport\":\"true\",\"remote_available\":\"true\",\"remote_fourDirections\":\"true\",\"remote_touchPad\":\"true\",\"remote_voiceControl\":\"true\"}\n",
  "name": "[TV] Samsung Q60 Series (55)",
  "remote": "1.0",
  "type": "Samsung SmartTV",
  "uri": "http://10.2.0.13:8001/api/v2/",
  "version": "2.0.25"
}

Hi, I have a UE65KS7005. This app works great to begin with. Bot after some minutes after the tv is turned off (either by remote of by this app) the app does not work anymore. I have to use the remote to turn it on again. I found out the tv stopps responding to http://192.168.0.112:8001/api/v2/ after some minutes. I guess that is why the app is not working any more as well? How to fix that? I have not found anything in the TV settings to enable it to stay on wifi. Any tips?

The app needs the TV to be on to work. The network interface stays on for about 20-30 seconds after you turn the TV off, but then it doesn’t respond anymore, before you turn the TV on again.

Turning the TV on is possible without the network interface on, since it uses Wake-on-LAN /-Wi-Fi.

thanks for the quick reply @balmli . I did not quite get this with the wake-on-lan though. Is this possible or not? How do I do it if so?

If you have a TV that supports Wake-on-LAN /-Wi-Fi, the TV will turn on when you turn it on with the app.

Nice app. Great job. Almost everything works.
I can’t get browser to work on my new 2021 frame. Though everything else works fine. Any suggestions why?

Also would be nice to enable art mode ok the frame instead of turning it off.

I have gone through them but could not understand what is this all about, actually I couldn’t get the interface of github

Can i set PiP mode on with this app? I want to stream my camera to PiP HDMI chromecast

Nope, pipup app is only for android. Doing such a thing with button presses, then you still need the source connected to Samsung

Hi,
I recently purchased a Frame tv, but doesn’t seem to be able to control it.
Adding the device doesn’t seem the issue. Right after adding the tv, I add the IP address and change it to Secure connection.
However, when sending commands, I keep getting messages that I need to enabke the setting, or get an unknown error.
Any help would be appreciated!

Why are the tvs not recognized as TVs in Homekit. please add support for homekit because homekit does support tvs

Maybe donate some serious cash if you want community developers to obey your command.

How can I see if my tv has wake on lan

Hi @balmli ,
Also bought a Samsung Frame and getting the same issue as @MrBlue .
Already enabled WOL in the TV but still unable to turn the TV back on.
Turning it off is working (enabled Frame Support).

Edit:
I did run the app locally and commented some checks and then I see the TV is missing the MAC address in the config.
So I added my MAC address manually to the this._config. And that resolved my issue.
Seems like the automatic discovery of the MAC address is not working?

Edit 2: Made a PR :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Should be fixed in v. 1.8.6

1 Like

Hi

Today I installed the last update, but after updating my device is unreachable. Tonight I’m going to delete the device and add it again. I hope that’s the solution.

But I don’t understand why the device is unreadable. Nothing changed only the installed update.

Sometimes the auto-channel choice in the router can disturb a good working local wifi network, a fixed channel did solve my network problems.

My tv is has a wired connection to my network so that’s not the issue.
Adding a new device isn’t the solution either. Got the same message.