[APP][Pro] Pushover

Got your dono! Let me know if you are pleased with the feature.

It works well thank you. Is there any chance you could also add a flow card with both an image and a url? Then I can send a snapshot from my security camera along with a deep link to my NVR app to show its live feed.

Thanks again for your quick responses.

New version submitted. TY for the dono.

1 Like

New test version working beautifully, thank you again

@Kim_Kokholm sorry to bother you again but could you possibly add Priority to the two cards with URL and URL Title? I am using these for doorbell notifications and I want to be able to control the priority of the notification depending on whether I am home / asleep etc.

I guess maybe that could be made an optional field to avoid that being a breaking change for anyone else with these cards in their flows.

Thank you again!

Hi @Jonathan_Draper

As I am aware, optional parameters does not exists. Iā€™ve added a combination with url, image and priority - hoping to save your day :slight_smile:

TEST version can be installed from here:

Oh fantastic. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Purely for interest since the new card will be all I need (thanks again), there is a section showing how to add optional arguments on a card here: https://apps.developer.homey.app/the-basics/flow/arguments

Hello Kim,

Thanks for the quick reply on qithub :slight_smile: I just read the topic. Is it correct that it is to difficult to setup the extra values what comes with the extra emergency option? Or do I read it wrong?

Hi @M_J

Homey would like to keep the cards simple and not too complicated - I also think this is what most of the users would like as well.

Last time Iā€™ve read the api, the values for emergency is kinda tricky - maybe theyā€™ve solved it on their test-page. What Iā€™ve experienced is some rules for repeat and pause, some threshhold values are allowed - so what I would like to implement (cannot remember if Iā€™ve already have) is for someone experienced user with Pushover to tell what is the optimal options for Emergency - I can then in the app add Emergency 1 or 2 - this specific ā€œgoodā€ values = bringing the complexity down for what values are allowed and so on for the emergency option.
Does this sound ok?

That sound great. I think this is a nice future for the app :+1:

Hi @M_J

I would love to implement emergency.
I do need some feedback.
I do need some valid values for entry and expire. Please see the documentation.

https://pushover.net/api#priority

I do not want every usage to set the entry and expire - I want to adopt Emergency with entry and expire preset - and not settable by the app/user.

If you provide me with valid (please, well-thought) values for entry and expire, I would love to implement these for the Pushover app for Homey.

Thanks for the effort, and ofcourse i could help you (in the way i can).

I think itā€™s a good solution to set some static values, so itā€™s just a priority change for the user.

First a possible list of situations where users used the emergency prio:

• maybe as a sleep wake up call for important messages

• when people donā€™t react on notifications, so they get a emergency reminder that the notification is important

• for fire or water alarms.

If i take the possible situations as a guideline than i think dat the retry values donā€™t be the low.
The smallest value of 30 seconds is to low i think. Users find it to annoying.

Maybe 5 minutes (300seconds) is a better choice.
For wake up situations itā€™s not to often i think. (users have also some time to acknowledge the notification).

What i donā€™t know is how the acknowledged input works. Is this for example when a fire alarm gets disabled or when a flow gets disabled in homey, or how does this work?

For the expire parameter itā€™s a harder solution. In my situation i would suggest 20 minutes, so you get 4 times a new reminder. I also think that it isnā€™t desirable to use the max expire time.

What are your thoughts about it?

Hi @M_J

Iā€™ve now added Emergency as you have ordered. Please check this out.

Iā€™ve also added RateLimit

Thank you!
I quickly tested it and i get a notification in emergency prio. But only ones and without a sound?
I will check if i could find the problem.

1 Like

Hi @M_J
Just to be clear, does emergency work as intended? Please let me know if Iā€™ve missed something.

Yes i found the problem. It works great! Thank you :slight_smile: