[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I just read that ANWB downloads the prices from epexspot.com. And they use LEBA for Gas. When I use your app and create the device for Gas LEBA, it says 48 cents excl BTW and anwb says 37 cents excl.
Any way to get that fixed?

1 Like

Hi,

I can’t figure this out.
This worked fine before, but something happened and I reinstalled the app.

Now it’s been like this for a long time, I am not getting any data.

Was there any bindings/flows to this app?

It looks like you are trying to monitor the power usage of Homey Pro itself. Try to add a real power monitoring device like your main meter, solar panel, or a power socket.

1 Like

@Kai many thx for your donation! :partying_face: :heart:

Thx!
But are you sure this works?

I only recive error on the analyse json card!

Is it somehow possible to use Homey Energy total consumption as source for a PBTH device? Since I don’t have all devices connected using smart plugs (e.g. built-in kitchen appliances), I also added some virtual devices to Homey and defined estimated average power consumption defined on them. This should average out pretty well on typical days/weeks.

Would be nice to be able to compare the real daily total power consumption (kWh on P1 meter) with everything defined in Homey Energy.

I created a separate thread for feature requests. I have put your request on there.

1 Like

Looking at the price history Nordpool seems wrong this time, dont you think?

But you can send me a app diagnostics report if you think otherwise

As mentioned in the first post I get it from ENTSO-E:

https://transparency.entsoe.eu/transmission-domain/r2/dayAheadPrices/show

Actually I do see that Entso also has the increased price tomorrow@23. So pls send me an app diagnostics report.

1 Like

I now see DST ends tonight. Probably this is causing the issue…

1 Like

v4.7.5 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Partial fix for DAP Daylight Savings Time change.
  • Update to homey-api@1.8.0

What a nightmare handling time in Homey, especially with the DST change. I created a ‘quick’ fix (that took me all day and evening…). It should iron out the biggest issue, but it is not perfect. The now price when it is 2AM for the second time will be using the price from the first time it was 2AM.
And don’t get me started on when the clock goes forward again next summer…

2 Likes

v4.7.6 is ready for testing.

If I don’t receive any issue reports I will publish this version as stable in a few days.

• Multiple fixes for DAP Daylight Savings Time change.
  • Fix for multiple summarizers of same device.
  • Update to homey-api@1.8.0
1 Like

I like this app very much. But I have one Power summarizer that doesn’t update. I have a dryer and a washing machine, each on a TP links smart plug. Added each smart plug as Power summarizer to PBTH. The dryer summarizer is updating fine but the one for the washing machine doesn’t do anything. I removed it a few times already and re-added it but without succes. All setting are the same. Any thought what can cause this??
Cheers,
Wim

Do you have screenshots of both kWh states in the TP links app and in PBTH? Did you maybe enable ‘use watts as source’ for one device but not the other?

Hi Robin,
no, I did not have ‘use watt as source’ checked in either of them.
My wife just finished and I do not have a kWh reading from the TP Link app. I add a few screenshots below.
Below are two graphes. The pink one is the TP link switch in Homey Energy, the blue one is the PBTH.

Next you will see the two device pages. The first two are of the dryer, the next two are for the washing machine.

The washing machine has just finished so the value is very low.
I just checked the settings and they are the same on both PBTH devices. (except for the fields that are filled automatic.

the kWh value of the washing machine is absurd high. That cannot be true I hope for you! PBTH uses the differences in kWh value for its calculations (unless you select ‘use watt as source’). I suspect you have a problem with the washing machine kWh meter value of the TP link device. Try to solve that. As secondary solution you could enable ’ use watts as source’ .

Okay Robin, I will first check what’s going on with the TP Link socket. I was wondering why that was so high too!
Thanks sofar! I’ll keep you informed.

Great app. Just a question about a card: what does ‘Tijd’ exactly mean? Is it the time on the clock?
313431483_10229290260902243_6122243497643874784_n

yes, So if you e.g. want any of the 3 cheapest hours in the 8 hours before 21 o’clock,

fill in 3 for number (aantal), 8 for period (periode) and 21 for time (tijd).

1 Like

Can you share the insights of the whole period for ‘price now’ ?

1 Like