[APP][Pro] Piggy Bank

Yes,

• You can set maximum hourly consumption as you wish and
  • The Easee charging current will be adjusted.

You must disable any other mechanisms that try to control the charging current though.
There is a flow command to start the charging cycle. You need to use this command to set up a time slot for the charging to enable it.
You will have to create a flow to feed the app with the power reading from the Tibber Pulse device as well. (for now… this will be redundant in a later version)

Please also note about the bug mentioned above. The Stable version of the app will not be able to turn on all devices when it should if you disable temperature control. If you plan to do this you need to download the test version.

@frodeheg so this bug appeared today again.
As the picture shows: heater was turned off by Sparegris. I manually turned it back on 20minutes later. The same thing happened with all units controlled by the app (7 mill heaters and 3 heatit ztrm3).
Sending state dumps in private message.

Thanks, I am not using any other flows except feeding the app with power from Tibber. Is the flow command under Advanced → Car chargers or devices → price management?
The only variable is the Easee car charger, as I don’t need heating control for home heaters.

I think the app doesn’t support bosch compress 3800i ew yet. There is Homey app for this Husdata App for Homey | Homey

You cannot start car charging anywhere within the settings menu. You can only create a “then” flow card from the normal Homey interface for flow cards. (it will be possible from the settings page later, just not yet)
There are two then-flow-cards you can use:

• Start charging cycle (kWh) - which will allow you to charge a number of kWh (in the cheapest hours) before the time runs out
  • Start charging cycle (hours) - which will allow you to charge in the x cheapest hours before the time runs out.

If you need support for new devices then please send me a device report from the app settings menu. “Help” / “The app cannot find my unit” → “Report a problem”, Choose the report type “Unit is missing”, select the device and click generate report. Then Click Send to send me the report after it has been generated.

1 Like

I started the charging manually and set a low value for “maximum hourly consumption.” but the app didn’t regulate the Easee charger; instead, it gave an alert for “manual powerdown required.” Did I miss any settings in the app?

The very first hour you enable the app some assumptions have to be made because the app has no history of earlier energy consumption. Thus the app assumes a very high consumption earlier in the hour. This is likely what you have observed. This should resolve when you cross into a new hour and the app is still enabled.

Anyway, in Picture4 the charge plan should have been shown. It seems like you only enabled charging for a minute or two because no charge plan can be seen. Some bars should show for every hour the charging will be enabled. There is no guarantee that charging starts when you start a charging cycle; Charging will only start in the scheduled hours (the cheapest) and only when the free energy is greater than the Start threshold given in Picture4. Seems like you have selected a pretty high start threshold… you do not need it to be this high, It is ok to leave it at the default (2000). If more power is getting available the charging current will increase automatically.

I installed the app yesterday; as you see in picture 1. Now I manually start the charging for around 5 min but the graph in picture-2 is not updated.

I have created the flow

When : (Easee) Charger status connected to “car connected”
Then: Start charging cheapest 30kwh before 06:00

Now I have the charge plan. Is there any way to test the app right away so I don’t have to wait for 3 hours to see if it can regulate Easee power?

This is a side-note, but I am curious, the colour of the info-sign next to “Well done, the app is correctly configured” should be blue… and I see this is blue in google chrome, firefox and android phones. Do you have an Iphone? Not sure how to reproduce this erroneous behavior.

When a charging cycle has started successfully the graph in picture two should be updated the next time you open the settings. (it does not refresh if you start the cycle while the settings is open).

For starters you can use

• “when”: Flow / This flow is started
  • “and”: -
  • “then”: Piggy bank / Start charging cycle (hours)

and start it manually.

If want need a delayed start you should use

• “when”: The clock is

Well done.

If you want to test it right away you can use the other then card… for example: Start charging cheapest 5 hours before 5 hours into the future… e.g. all hours will have charging enabled

1 Like

Btw… as I am currently working on user interface improvements, any suggestions you may have to improve the user experience will be very welcomed. I have some ideas already, but it’s easy to forget that the first-hand experience is different than mine.

I use iPhone. When I started the charging manually without any flows the picture-2 graph won’t update even after I close the settings and open again

By starting manually I meant press the start button on the flow itself

For UI improvements, Tibber UI can be an inspiration, I can provide some Tibber UI screenshots if you don’t have.

I was trying to create a card to start charging right away to test but as you said in the post “Start charging cheapest 5 hours before 5 hours into the future… e.g. all hours will have charging enabled” I cannot find that card.
My new card for instant charge start is

When: Easee, Charger status changed, car connected
Then: Which sparegris card I should use and the value?

Will it work when I have paused the charging from the Tesla menu? as when I plug in the charging cable it starts to charge right away.

I am using Tibber to control my Easse charger and when I connected the cable to the car it actively pause the charging as it interacted with the charger directly and only start charging when the price is low

I have sent the log from the App.
Seems the access token has expired, and it failed to reduce power.

Update:

I have fixed the access token issue but now since the cost is high the app is forcing the charge to stop. How can I override it for testing? I have to test Easee dynamic power regulation

This one:

I do not have a Tesla so I cannot confirm how it will behave, but I would guess that if you override the charging in the car then it doesn’t matter what the charger / this app tries to do, then charging will never start.

You need to disable smart charging for Tibber. If this app have to compete with Tibber to control the charger then it will never work.

If not within a charging cycle this app will make sure that the charging doesn’t start. (however, the Easee charger is a fairytale of its own, so it doesn’t always stay in the state it was told to. If so the app will correct the state so it doesn’t charge when it shouldn’t after a short while. - I suppose this is because the Easee app for homey does not register as “smart charging” in the Easee API such as the Tibber app does - but I don’t know)

Disable Tibber and use the flow card in the screenshot above to make it enabled every hour. (or if you still can’t find it, use the flow you have and charge like 10000 kWh before xx’o clock, it will probably have the same effect)

I disabled Tibber before I did the test

Hmm… so all the debugging I did was with @dooniem , but he does not have tibber.
Can anyone else confirm whether the charging works with Tibber and if so, is there anything you need to do to make it work? @Solvik , did you test the charging after it was finalized?

Hmm. If you open the Easee app @Arunav_Mandal. Underneath “Tilgang: Åpen” (hopefully says that?) there’s another button, “Planlegg”. If you click it, does it say “Smartlading” there? If it does, set it to “off”. (Piggy might have to adjust this setting also for Tibber users, @frodeheg). Did this solve anything?

The way I tested the card that orders kWh is setting an endtime very soon, like 2 hours ahead, and order a crazy high number of kWh. Then in order for Piggy to try and reach it, it must begin charging…From reading your conversation I feel like stressing, charging should be started/ordered through flowcards, not manually from the Easee app. Else your tests will always fail.

This is a “Tibber specific case”. Your charger will never show “car connected” with Piggy (or anything except Tibber-charging for that matter). It will go from “Standby” to “Paused” when you plug in. So one way to make a flow that always schedule charging when you plug in is the following:

Make a new variable. Name it what you want. I went for “EaseeStatus”.
If your car is not plugged at the moment, enter the value “standby” for this variable.
This variable is meant to help us know what the previous state of the charger was.
Then you do like this (note the else bit, add the last logic card then drag it down a bit to get “else”)

EaseeStatus – the variable I created
Charger status – what the charger reports when this triggers

In some rare cases charging starts immediately after plugging in, just wait 20 seconds and Piggy will stop it. This seems to sort it self out after the first charge session, is my impression.