[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

First, Johan, thanks for your support!
I have issues with sensitivity setting in my SML 004 Outdoor sensor. I can´t see any changes in senitivity when changing settings from 2 to 0. The sensor is too sensitive for me, reporting motion alarm too much. (Issue #670 on github) I have tried v2.1.1 and now using v2.2.0. The sensor hasn’t been used in a Hue bridge.
Any input from other SML 004 user will be useful.

Hi there, SML004 firmware before 2.85.1 has a known Hue bug affecting low sensitivity levels. I’m looking into adding OTA functionality to the app.

Looking forward to the OTA function. My firmware is 2.53.6.

hihi!
I’m using the app for a long time already and its great.
Now that i’m trying to use the hold and press function from the wall modules, i’m encountering some issues. Well.. those functions are simply not working. the Release and release after hold are working well, both the others don’t. Is this an known issue?

Thanks!

Would it be possible to get firmware upgrades for hue zigbee devices via homey?

Probably not, since Hue doesn’t provide firmware files via other systems than the Hue Bridge. However, according to this post on the deCONZ forum, you can update them by pairing the lights via Bluetooth to your phone (requires unpairing from Homey). I don’t know if that still works since I use a Hue Bridge myself

O the firmware files are publicly available, I already vibecodes a poc

And I see johan was also already working on adding support

Hi.

I was a bit sad this morning to find all my philips hue devices offline (using without the bridge app)

tried to restart the app, but got a ‘Not installed’ message

Any idea what is going on?


best regards, Arnar

You just need to click Install here:

Even if it already shows up in your apps list, probably an automatic update got interrupted which causes this.

Was worried that I would have to connect all the existing devices again.
But installing the app was enough. thnx.

Any thoughts on this one?

Exactly, OTA (Firmware update via this app for Hue devices connected directly to Homey via Zigbee) is on it’s way. Thanks, I’ll have a look at your PR @Sre :slight_smile:

All bug reports and requests for new devices etc should be directed to the apps Git, please read first message in this thread. If you have not already, please update to latest version of the app.

Philips Hue, without the bridge | v2.3.0 Test Release

Another update is ready for testing! Following the successful release of 2.2.1 to Live, we’re moving forward with 2.3.0.

This release focuses on additional device support, improved sensor handling and a few stability refinements.

What’s new in 2.3.0?

  • Added support for Hue OmniGlow lightstrips.

  • Added support for Hue Flux lightstrips.

  • Added Hue White A60 LWA033.

  • Added Hue White Ambiance E14 P45 LTU001.

  • Added Hue White A60 LWF004.

  • Experimental support for the new Hue Wired Dimmer (LWM007), including standard dimming and Push/Rocker configuration.

  • Improved motion/occupancy report handling.

  • Improved availability recovery for selected Hue remotes based on actual incoming Zigbee traffic.

  • Additional regression tests and smaller protocol improvements.

A little help from the community

Some of the newly added devices, particularly OmniGlow, Flux and LWM007, still need real-world hardware verification.

For OmniGlow and Flux, standard light controls are included, while native gradient functionality remains disabled until we’ve verified the behaviour on actual hardware.

For LWM007, this is an experimental first implementation. Minimum brightness and configurable dimming speed are not yet included.

If you own any of these devices, your feedback would be very much appreciated!

Download the Test version:

Please keep all bug reports and device requests on GitHub:

Include your device model ID, Homey firmware version and app version when reporting a problem. A Zigbee interview is particularly helpful for device-related issues.

As always, 2.2.1 remains available in Live for anyone who prefers to stay on the stable release.

Thank you to everyone contributing interviews, reporting issues and helping test the app. We’re making good progress! :blush:

For the people using the outdoor occupancy sensor where Lux and temp work fine but motion stopped working. I noticed after re-adding couple times the device battery levels reported 30% for a very short period and then shifted back to 100%. The motion part stopped functioning again after a couple minutes. Replaced the batteries and now everything works again.

Perhaps this is helpfull for someone facing the same issues. The battery level doesn’t seem to be very reliable from the sensor.