[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Hi Johan,

First of all, thanks for your effort! This makes our homey experience so much nicer.

I’ve always used the V1 hub icw the Homey app to control my Hue lights (it was working fine and fast).

Last week I’ve noticed that they disconnected the internet connection to the Hub, as stated by Philips/homey. So time to get rit of the hub.

For some reason I’m not able to find any of my hue lights (Hue lightbulb e27 and lightstrip plus).

I’ve deleted the lights in the App, performed a Hub reset and even power cycled 5 times (read that somewhere). But the lights wont show. neither in the Homey Hue zigbee of general zigbee app.

Could this have anything to do with the Hub V1? or any ideas from your side (or someone else)?

The things I did:

• Deleted Lights and did a reset of the hub
  • Tried to add the lights in the Hue zigbee app of generic homey zigbee app
  • Unplugged homey and installed it next te a light.

No success. I can’t find any connect or reset buttons on the lights…

Thanks! (I rather spent my money in donating you than buying a new hub)

Exact same problem here. Tried all you did. I have no remote to reset the bulbs and I don’t want to spent a penny on hue anymore.

I do have quite a bunch of Philips hue bulbs in my mesh, using this app. And they do make a nice mesh and works as routers. See my screenshot below. #33 till #42 all are philips hue bulb (GU10), I added them 2 weeks ago, and they are working as a router already as you can see

2 Likes

Hi @PaOel, if you have a Philips Hue remote you can try adding it to Homey first and then use it to pair your lights. I find the switch button/remote very usefull, pressing on and off at the same time close to a light makes it reset and pair with the remote and then the light can be paired with Homey.

yes, that seem to be the secret. Have just 1 remote at least, and use that one to reset bulbs. Sometimes new bulbs pair directly, otherwise the reset gives me a 100% success rate till now.

PS even IKEA tradfri you can reset using this trick. Although I think the philips Hue bulbs are more stable / reliable

Resetting INNR, Osram and Tint Müller Licht also works with the remote control.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m going to borrow a remote from someone and post my progress!

Hi Johan, thanks for the work!

I am new to homey and hue. I tried to add the 5 meter outdoor lightstrip (Hue Outdoor LED Lightstrips 5 m – White & Color Ambiance | Philips Hue AT) , but it is only identified as generic light. No color settings, dimming etc available. I can only turn it on or off via homey.

Am I doing something wrong here or is there a bug?

Hi @A_S, what version of the app are you using?

Thank you for the quick reply!

App version v1.6.1
Homey 4.2.0

Hi again @A_S, support for this device has been added to the version for Homey Firmware v.5. I will not be able to also add it the current version for Homey firmware v4.

Hi @johan_bendz,

I tried to connect my first Hue lamp to your app. My other lamps are still connected via the Hue Bridge. The lamp works so far, but no route is shown in Developer. I have updated the Developer page several times and also pressed the rotating arrow (top right corner) several times.

Edit:
Homey v. 5.0.0-rc.23
Philips Hue Zigbee v.2.0.3

Hey @johan_bendz upgarding helped. works now flawlessly. Thank you for your help and the great work.

1 Like

Hi @johan_bendz,
Today I made a PTP to rebuild the Zigbee mesh. Nevertheless the question mark is still there (see post 97).
Could this be a problem with the homey firmware or the app?

Hi @DirkG, I have heard this from several ppl and it looks to be a Homey thing, not an app thing. I am so far as I know unable to help. If you are using slack I suggest entering the Homey channel at Athoms slack and see if Athom (or anyone else) have a clue.

1 Like

There was some recent update, not sure it’s related tough . …

Thank’s for the info. Then we wait for the next FW update.

@johan_bendz, today I added a LightStrip Plus and a DimmerSwitch, still the same “problem” with the route.
But I am in contact with Athom about this. Just for information.

I have the same for Philips hue devices, but only for the ones that have been connected to the hue bridge before, so it might be a device issue, or the device not resetting properly as philips does use an wierd way of “resetting” compared to other companies/brands.

New Philips hue devices have no issues retrieving the route used.

1 Like

Okay, interesting. My Hue devices were all connected to the Hue Bridge.
The innr OSL 130 C (NodeID 6) was also connected to the Hue Bridge before, but the problem does not occur there.

That is why I’m expecting it to be a device issue, don’t have any other brands that were connected to the hue bridge so couldn’t verify that, but now it really seems Philips does something to their own devices when they are paired to their own bridge.