[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

First time adding the device, its completely new. Trying to add it through the generic option doesn’t work either, unable to get it into learning mode, even when turning on and off 6 times.

@Kessel, that info tells me your issue is not in the app. If so you would have been able to pair it as a generic Zigbee device.

1. Have you tried resetting the device using a Hue Dimmer Switch? (press on and off at the same time very close to the devices middle and wait until the device stop blinking, takes some time, make sure no other Hue devices are closer than a meter or two)
    if that does not help…
  2. How many Zigbee devices do you have that are connected to Homey and how many of them use batteries?

@johan_bendz Your first option worked, it is now added as an unknown zigbee device.

ProductID: 3261030P6
DeviceID: 268
ProfileId: 260

The productID is different than the one you posted above, 30P6 instead of 31P6.

10 Zigbee devices, none on batteries.

I tried adding a Philips Play Lightbar to Homey via your app (which does support a lot of other Hue devices in the house (WoopWoop) but it’s not detected as a Hue devices thus added as generic ZigBee device (which lacks the color options).

Manufacturer ID: Philips
Product ID: 440400982841
Device ID: 269
Profile ID: 260

Product Code: 8718696170717 (should be the same as the LCT024 you already support)

Made a ticket for it: Philiops Play Lightbar not detected as such (Added as generic Zigbee device) · Issue #267 · JohanBendz/com.philips.hue.zigbee · GitHub

Running Homey vesion: 4.2.0

And do you have a “buy me a beer” link somewhere?

I’m having the same issu. The Play Lightbar shows as a unknown zigbee device.

Hi @MarkL, thanks for the request. I’ll add it to next update.

1 Like

Hi @johan_bendz,

I just made an issue for new GU10 Product ID’s.

Thnx in advance.

Hi @2Be, thanks for your request. I add this to the todo list. :smiley:

Hue Motion Sensor
The current implementation of the Philips Hue Motion Sensors use a timeout to reset the motion alarm.

I have now added support for true Occupancy behavior, eg the alarm stops when no motion is detected. As this only work with more current Hue firmware versions (feb 2019 verified) the old way is still supported in the app and for those with older firmware models I have added a setting for the time between alarm and reset.

Now, before I go and potentially break thousands of flows I’d really really be happy if I can get some help testing by installing the CLI version found here: GitHub - JohanBendz/com.philips.hue.zigbee: Philips Hue app for Homey that uses ZigBee directly. No need for bridge.

What I would like to have tested/verified is:
A. an already installed sensor works without any changes.
B. if a new installation of a sensor works as it should.
C the settings work as they should.

Please observe! Changes in settings will be reflected on update of the data/a triggered motion mening it can take a short while before data is updated.

I tried to add a Philips Play Lightbar to Homey via your app but it’s not detecting as a Hue devices but added as generic ZigBee device (so no color options). There a a lot of nrs on the box. Not sure if you need them.

AW 4404 016 38002
DC 4404 023 64211

Thanks for your help

@johan_bendz Testing it now. Option B. Motion alarm reset = 1 s. Will see and report.
Cheers

Hi, i installed yesterday the new version 2.0.21, half of my sensors weren t working anymore (motion detection wasn t working, temp and lx was working) today morning (yesterday after the update it was fine) i tried to delete and add it again in.2.0.21 but still the motion alarm wasn t working. so i downgraded to 2.0.20 still not working. After delete and add with 2.0.20 they were working again.
Update:
“value”: “6.1.1.27575” with this version there were no problems
“value”: “6.1.0.18912” with this version motion detection wasn t working anymore

Br Martin

@johan_bendz
24hrs with v2.0.21, motion it’s working flawless. Temperature seems to be right. My motion sensor is on firmware 6.1.1.27575.
The only thing that doesn’t get reported is the battery status.
measure_battery number null
alarm_battery boolean null

I lost some devices that you implemented in a recent version. For example the bigger Calla outdoor light when i installed 2.0.21 :slight_smile:

Lost as in not working after update?
Do they work again when you install the app store version (2.0.20)?

Yeah they showed up again after reinstalling .20 :slight_smile:
Yeah and they were not present when trying to add new devices either. That list was shorter.

@johan_bendz
Hi Johan, i updated now all motion sensor and it s working with .21 and also .22 perfectly. Just one question about “Occupancy Sensor instead of an Motion Sensor” do i have to readd them or are they automaticly changed to occupancy sensors?

update:
i tried to readd one but the motion will stop after the reset time and not after no movements.

br

@johan_bendz
Hi

I d a look to the code. In 2.0.22 you changed it again to on/off. Will there be a ‘switch’ in near future to change it from motion to occupancy?

Bt

You have to go to advanced settings of your generic zigbee device (play lightbar) and provide the right ID’s.

Like Mark did:

Probably there are several Play lightbars with different ID’s and the one you have is not known in the Philips Hue Zigbee app. So these ID’s need to be added in the app by @johan_bendz to that device.
Once this is done you can add the device again, but then it will be seen as a play lightbar instead of a generic zigbee device and you are able to dim the light and use the colors instead of just on/off ability.

Edit: if your ID’s match the one of Mark, then it should already be supported in the latest Philips Hue Zigbee app for Homey V5 (experimental), not sure if it will appear in the app version for Homey V4. Github issue about the play lightbar

Added to the firmware 5 version of the app. I’ll look inte adding it to the firmware 4.2 version soon.

Hi @Vicky , sorry for late answer.
Yes, as Remco mentions I would need the divice Zigbee info to br able to your unit unless it is already supported. If you are using firmware 4.x there will also be some waiting until I update that version, my priority is the firmware 5 version.