[APP][Pro] Nuki Direct

hi peter,
i got the same error while trying to add a device. i tried it 3 times and then give up. the offical athom app is slow and crashes sometime (fw 2.5.2). so i switched to ifttt. its not pretty fast, but for my setup it works good. with ifttt and the keypad i am able to run different flows, e. g. open garage and door, only open garage and so on.

but i am also interested in a solution with the local nuki app. please let us know if you can fix it.

Sure. I created a ticket on their forum: https://developer.nuki.io/t/missing-ip-property-on-bridge-discovery-api/4336 . I guess a temporary solution would be to hardcode the IP address if you know it :wink: and then install the app. But letā€™s hope I find out why they donā€™t provide it

Shitā€¦ my bad. Maybe youā€™ve mentioned it somewhere, but I havenā€™t seen it. Turns out that in the Nuki App, you have to go to Manage Devices and manage your bridge. There you can enable HTTP API and save it. Wait for a few minutes and their bridge discovery API will return the ip address and port :slight_smile:

Hmmm, guess I missed that. Iā€™ll add it to the description. Thanx.

Is this app still better then the Nuki app in the store?

In the Athom Nuki app the opener is supported, in your app now also?
If so, would it be possible to use the ringing signal (of an unknown person, not the owners) to perform an action, e.g. make the lamp blink, turn on the light, voice output via Homey or Sonos?

The opener is not yet supported in the HTTP bridge API. Nuki.io promised they would work in this now that some stability bugs with the new version of the bridge are solved. So itā€™s a matter of time.

1 Like

@Phuturist,

Long time ago before Athom took over the Nuki app I had a conversation with @Jorden about who opened the door. Do you think this might be a possibility in the future?

2Be said:
show previous quotes
Just donated a beer to you. However you made me buy the Nuki in the first place by making this app.

If you are gonna use the API can you than also read out the entry log? So who (un)locked the door?
Might buy you another beer when that is possible. :wink:

Jorden said:
Thanks! I still need to find some time to start, but I have made some plans on how to do it already. Will indeed use the API to read out who unlocked, which will be added as a token.
Thanks to Athom, the new app will also have some nicer images for the lock in the app.
The pairing/adding of the lock will also be easier in the new Homey app.

But first, letā€™s have a beer ;)

I requested this feature with Nuki a long time ago. Itā€™s not available in the Bridge API yet. Feel free to vote for this feature here: https://developer.nuki.io/t/add-user-to-bridge-http-api-notifications/151/

[EDIT] And thanx for the donation @2Be, much appreciated :beers:

v1.1.3 - 2020-03-01

Small code refactoring to reduce complexity and lines of code.

Hi @Phuturist,
Thank you for your appā€¦ I just have a question!

How should I update the app? Should I delete the old one and install the new version? Or just install the new one and it will automaticlly replace the old one?

Thank you for your help!

Yes, this will do.

Is it possible that the refactoring made the receiving of status changes from the lock a bit slower?

I use the unlock from the frontdoor as a back-up deactivation for Heimdallā€™s Surveillance mode. Since the update I had a few moments where the doorcontact would set off the alarm before the Nuki app disabled the surveillance mode.

I cant imagine. Before the latest refactoring it looped through all Nuki devices to find the right device, now it just calls the right Nuki device straight away. If anything it would have improved response time. But you could check yourself by installing an older version of the app.

Hi, I have an error 503ā€¦ what does it mean?

I can confirm the slower status response. However, I use the Nuki app from Athom.
Also the status messages from the original iOS Nuki app are much slower since a few days than before. So I guess the problem is with Nuki and not with the apps for Homey.

That the Nuki bridge is unavailable because itā€™s busy. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed, especially for the V2 bridge this can make a difference. Other than that, are you using more systems to read out the status is the bridge? Perhaps you are overloading it.

Find itā€¦ my kids disconnected the bridge :wink:

edit: he who tries succeeds. Got it, thanks! :). now time for some CLIā€™ing

I get a request to http 0. 0.0.0:8080 error Auth failed and connection was refused. Odd. Any tips? @Phuturist