[App][Pro] Nous - Save energy, increase security and comfort of your home and create amazing ambiances

Hi Kulviks

I first focused on ZigBee NOUS devices only because I don’t have time to go to Wifi direction.
To be honest, at this time, I don’t even know how NOUS Wifi devices work but be sure it’s on my todo list, that’s why App is named “NOUS” and not “NOUS Zigbee”.

I’m currently in contact with NOUS to get all Zigbee devices I don’t own, when each of them will be integrated, I’ll then go to Wifi.

Regards,
SoPhos

1 Like

Hi all,

Nous App has been updated with many new devices compatibility :

Regards,
SoPhos

Hi. Just bought a Nous A1z but can’t get them to pair with homey. Or they pair but after a couple a second they leave the Zigbee network. When I’m pressing the button on the plug for 5 sec it starts to blink red, but it never stops blinking. Like it’s not fully connected.

Tried to uninstall app, restart Homey, repair the device but no luck

Hi Thomas,

Welcome on board !

I think you should try to push button 5s and wait for led blinking but do not try to pair at this time, just wait for it to stop blinking.
Then, launch paring process on Homey and push again the device button 5s untill led is blinking, it should pair now.

I have this case sometimes when a device has already been paired and not deleted/unpaired properly. Then, trying to pair them again is hazardous.

If it does not work that way, try to start again after Homey restart.

Regards,
SoPhos

No that didn’t work even after restarting Homey. Can it be that the type is “router”, seems not completely right?

Thomas,

No, that’s right, NOUS A1Z are Zigbee routers (they receive and transfer signals).

Can you try paring it with Homey standard Zigbee driver to see if it’s stable ?

Regards,
SoPhos

Unfortunately it’s the same with the zigbee generic device. I can pair it but after 10sec it’s leaving the network and the red triangle appears on the unit.

I have other devices from IKEA and innr with no problem.

Thomas,

Have you got other Zigbee devices working ?

If it’s the same with Homey Zigbee driver and you don’t have other Zigbee devices working, maybe you should try to reset your Homey Zigbee network.

Do you know how to do this ?

Regards,
SoPhos

Yes I have a lot of zigbee from IKEA and innr that’s work perfectly fine. I rather not restart my zigbee network :sweat_smile:

Hi Thomas,

I must admit I don’t know, maybe you device should be deffective ?
At this time, there are 1000+ Nous A1Z devices working on Homey with NOUS App.
I’ve seen that case once but it has been cleared doing the previous described operations.

Can you try with another A1Z device ?

SoPhos.

Yes I bought 4 and 3 of them have exactly the same behaviour.

So, you’ve got one working… Maybe bad series ?
Could you try to exchange them ?

SoPhos

I had to restart the Zigbee network and change channel to get it to work

Ok, Nice !
Well done.

Can someone please confirm if for the zigbee Nous A1Z plugs, if you can turn OFF the LED from the plug.

Hi flaviuvlaicu,

Yes, I can confirm, you have 3 options on device settings for the LED :

• Always Off
  • On when light is on
  • On when light is Off (to see it)

The first one is the one you want.

Regards,
SoPhos

Thank you so much for the feedback.

I don’t know exactly what happened, but I added a no-name Door/Window sensor (marketed as “Qezodsx TUYA Zigbee 3.0 Window Door Sensor”), put it in pairing mode, asked Homey to look for Zigbee devices and, within a few seconds, Homey had installed your app and set everything up - including a correct graphic and battery monitoring.

Nice. Thanks for the app.

FWIW, the Homey development page identifies the product id as: TS0203 and the manufacturer as _TZ3000_oxslv1c9. Maybe the same Chinese source as the Nous devices?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes, you might be right !
Nous devices use standard Tuya 3.0 chip and sometimes, Manufacturer id and product ids could be the same betwwen 2 different poducts, I already saw that.

Nice to know, thank you.
SoPhos

How do I do this best without interferring Hue Stuff etc? Have the same problem atm. Thanks!