[APP][Pro] Norwegian Electricity Bill (Strømregning)

@balmli

Just switched to the new price regime.

As you can see, it seems the monthly grid cost is added to the daily cost.
Is this by design?

Yes, the change in capacity grid cost is added continuously.

@balmli For me, my current daily cost is exactly equal to the monthly cost, which surely can’t be how you mean it to work? Previously the daily cost would reset at midnight, and it would just accumulate as the day passed, which is how I would expect it to work.

And also, is the “Yearly fixed amount” still being used? It resides under the heading “Grid costs old regime”, which suggests it might not be used when the new regime is chosen. However, it needs to be included, as my grid company (Fagne) still uses that fixed amount in addition to the new variable costs based on peak usage.

Yes, the daily cost is equal to monthly cost, because it’s the first day of the month.

No, the “Yearly fixed amount” is not used any more.

Ok, but then the daily cost dosn’t really represent the running cost for that day, does it?

Well, I think it does. The only “quirk” here is that the capacity grid cost is added on capacity level changes.

So if you go from 5-10 kW (410 NOK) to 10-15 kW (510 NOK), the change of 100 NOK will be added at that moment. And if you’re able to go back to 5-10 kW, the cost will be reduced by 100 NOK.

I get that it might be tricky to find a good way of showing this, but there can be no doubt that the “Sum daily cost” is now misrepresenting the daily cost, since ALL of the grid capacity cost is added to it. Currently, my “Sum daily cost” is showing as 361,- NOK, which clearly isn’t correct. Adding all of the grid capacity cost to the daily cost makes no sense to me. The daily cost should reset to zero every midnight, and then accumulate until next midnight. The fixed part of the grid costs should just be included as a suitable fraction.

The daily cost resets to zero every midnight, and accumulates. I don’t understand why you keep saying it doesn’t.

1 Like

There has to be some misunderstanding here. It may well have reset to zero, but then immediately it jumped to a ridiculously high value. As I said, as of this moment, my sum of daily cost shows 366,- NOK, which is obviously incorrect. It seems that the full grid capacity cost (which for the current level I am at is 310 NOK) has been added to the sum of the daily cost.

Are you saying that this is how you intend it to work? That the full current grid capacity cost step is always added to the sum of daily cost for each day? Here’s a screenshot of my current values:

As you can see, “Grid today” includes the full capacity cost for the whole month (plus the running cost for the current day), and that obviously trickles into the Sum daily cost as well.

No, he did not say every day. He said the first day of the month, which is today. Please check again after midnight.

If that makes a difference, I’d guess tomorrow (after midnight) it would just include half the grid capacity cost, so instead of starting at 310 (in my case), it would start at 155. Which would still be wrong, or at least misleading.

Given that the grid capacity will change during the month, this can actually never really be absolutely correct, but since the app keeps track of the current capacity cost, it could just divide that over the entire month, and use the fraction for the daily cost to better represent a single day. It also retrospectively changes the cost for all previous days of that month, but it is better to have a fairly correct momentary representaion for each day, in my opinion.

If my guess is correct, then the current implementatiion will only show the (mostly) correct sum of daily cost at the very last day of the month.

No, you are wrong. Tomorrow will start with zero. The grid capacity fee will then only show on monthly accumulation. If the grid level goes up, the difference will be added that actual day.

1 Like

Ok, if so then good. :slight_smile:
Will the first day of all months behave like this, then?

Yep!

It is now a new day, but the daily cost is still completely wrong. For me, just one hour and fifteen minutes into the new day, it shows a daily cost of 440 NOK…

OK, that’s is a bug. Thanks for reporting.

v. 1.4.5 with fix for wrong grid capacity cost calculation is now ready for testing.

Here’s a link to the test-version:

It was correct at my house

I’ve installed the test version now, but there’s no apparent change for me. Does it have to roll over to a new day before the fix is applied?

When I try to set the new grid regime to “yes”, it automatically resets to “no”. Is ot just me? Also, 15 - 25kWh is fhe highest tier, and I use more than that :sweat_smile: