[APP][Pro] Mill WiFi Heaters

Hello. I have the same problem. But it’s only on the new Mill oven I added yesterday. This is of type MILL CONVECTION WIFI GULVOVNCO1200WIFI3.
I have now total of 4 units. 2 Socket and 2 Mill WiFi integrated heaters, where the last one shows 1522 degrees

Tested locally by extracting the App from GitHub, and getting the GEN3 temperature correct was a straight forward customization. Simply dividing by 100. But from what I am reading the Api setup for GEN3 is different and will require a new Homey App / greater changes.

For example while I could correct the temperature displayed, I could not controll the devices as these are in the Mill App setup to be individually configured and this app transmits change in temperature through the programs. Use Tibber for this in practice to control temp settings, and there it works well.

Had to learn .js and look at some videos to get this clarified, but am not in a position to create new app. Hope someone takes this on :+1:

You could do a pull request to hopefully have one of the original developers approve it.

Otherwise, can you give a rundown (or files) of the changes you did?

Wow! This is shit… the app is working great, but indeed the measured temp is 100x higher. Please change this mill…

I’m also curious if Sense will be supported. Saw this one pass by for a reasonable price

Hi Dabon. Yes, works with the wifi sockets. :smiley:

Hi

I need help to integrate some of these ovens.

I can’t get to that windows where Homey asks you to log into your Mill account.

What can be wrong?

All the ovens are visible and connected in the Mill app.

Regards

Is this app on github? Maybe I can contribute to and fix some of the issues…

Regards
Markus Voss

Check the populair links section below post #1

Thanks found it. Has anyone been in contact with Glenn? It seems like there has not been a change in this code base for a long time. Pull request have not been merged. Does he want to give any of us access to the project on GitHub?

The app uses this (https://eurouter.ablecloud.cn:9005/millService/v1) api. Does anyone know what this is? I was expecting it to communicate with some kind of mill heat api

Hi Glenn.

First of all thanks for a nice app!

I upgraded my Mill products to the latest 3rd gen. panel heaters yesterday.

For some reason they give the wrong temperature reading. Setting the thermostat seems to work fine, but the current temperature is set to 100 c in Apple Homekit on all my heaters. In Homey, if the current temperature is for example 20,5 c, it currently reads 2050 c. Apple Homekit probably has a limit at 100 c.

I hope you can take the time to look at this and hopefully fix this bug.

In addition it would be ideal for us Apple Homekit users to be able to add the panel heaters without assigning a room and using a heating program, just adding the heaters as independent devices from the mill app. Thus having only one toggle to control the temperature (not several modes heating/cooling/auto, away and what not), leading to it hopefully showing up with only on/off and a wheel to set the desired temperature separate from the programs and the different modes tagging along from the mill app. Id rather do automations for that i Homey or Apple Homekit.

Best Regards
Alexander Berge

1 Like

There is a official supported app on its way to Homey :slight_smile: I got the info from the support yesterday

3 Likes

Hi @arovik did athome support provide information when the app is expected to release?

I’m currently running one Duux Edge which is not supported by Homey. I’m looking into options for electric heating in more rooms and maybe switching to Mill but the current app has not been updated for two years.

Hei Glenn

This app does not ‘work’ with homey on the convection heater g3. It has been reported a lot off errors without any following up from your side. I contacted Mill and they are not interested in supporting.

Homey is a good product and it is a shame that you do not deliver up to their standard. I also see/read in the feedback that people have proposed to help you solveing the different issus.

Pls give access to yor work and let peopke help so we get this working. There has not been any update for the 2 last years.

Is everything working fine for you? I just bought and installed a socket for my cabin. I can turn it on and off, but it shows the wrong temperature (2221c ! ) and does not show humidity, so the use is a bit limited for me as it is used to control a panel heater to frost protect the cabin, and also preheat. The shop where I bought it has a return policy.
Does anyone know of a different brand that does the same thing (wifi socket and temperature and humidity sensor)?
I have my homey at home - therefore it needs to be wifi.
At home I have new Adax heaters that work great, also the Homey app is great with Adax - shame they dont have sockets.

No, i got the information from Mill support. I think its in the early stages

1 Like

The IOT Manager from Mill said in Feb 2022 that they would soon realeas an official app for Home Assistant. Have not found information that this has happend, but maybe some other knows? If there is, i hope it comes to Homey soon. They are are also migrating into a new platform (autumn), maybe that is why there is no official app yet, Just speculating.

1 Like

Please add support for G3 heaters and G3 wifi sockets. This has been reported numerous times.

1 Like

Mill support say they “hope” they have an official app ready for Homey at the end of 2022. Got that info in an email from them yesterday.

10 Likes

Hello, will there be support for homey bridge?