[APP][Pro] Knmi (Dutch weather, for Homey firmware v5 or above)

I do not receive more precise data then I currently give. So the best I can do is translate wind direction ‘N’ into 0 degrees and ‘S’ into 180 degrees and so on. That same thing is already possible for you with the JavaScript logic app I linked earlier.

For the slightly cloudy or clear condition I already implemented something similar in the app, that condition checks if the recap to lowercase is any of [‘onbewolkt’, ‘licht bewolkt’, ‘lichtbewolkt’, ‘zonnig’].

The documentation of the API states that ‘lichtbewolkt’ and ‘zonnig’ would never occur, but I found that they actually do and that sometimes they start with uppercase and sometimes they don’t.

Anyways, you could indeed implement your flow if recap is any of [‘NO’, ‘ONO’, ‘O’, ‘OZO’, ‘ZO’, ‘ZZO’] and you would have the equivalent. I understand that it is easier if such logic is included in the app itself, and at some point I might add it, but I don’t think I will be able to finish and test that this week.

When I would implement this, I would build it so that the order of the letters is no longer relevant, two ‘z’ and one ‘o’ would then result in a correct number of degrees regardless of the order they are given and regardless of upper or lower case (since the before mentioned recap is not that strictly implemented either, I would need to compensate for that).

A pull request is for a developer to implement these changes and ask for them to be merged into the repository, so that these changes could be deployed to the Athom store.

Thanx for the App!
Much better than my HTTP Request card implementation I used before.

I noticed that “Windkracht” is provided as 11.7 in my location. So apparently I’m in a hurricane :slight_smile:
I posted an issue in Github (Mixed up API parameters · Issue #3 · bochove/nl.bochove.knmi · GitHub) where I mention that the API parameters winds and windk are mixed up.

I hope you have time to make this small adjustment.

1 Like

has someone an example to work with this app. For example if it is code rood then a message is send stay home or something else

Have you not read this topic?

The API states:

Alle mogelijke windaanduidingen (16 stuks) zijn:

Noord, NNO, NO, ONO, Oost, OZO, ZO, ZZO, Zuid, ZZW, ZW, WZW, West, WNW, NW en NNW.

In de verwachtingen worden N,Z,O en W gebruikt en kan ook de weergave VAR worden gebruikt, voor weinig wind uit variabele windrichtingen.

Those 16 directions have been implemented, in case the VAR is returned then NULL will be the value for the direction.

I have published what I have to test, please let me know if you run into any issues with that version, like a wind direction not being converted into degrees.

Hi man

Wel at least thanks for trying and looking into this.

For me this is the only thing missing in the knmi app. 360 wind reporting in degrees ( like dark weather )

To be honest not sure it will change much thinking of it. The source you are using is stuck at 45 degrees if i understand correctly. ( N=0 / NE=45 / E=90 etc etc )

So to me numbers are easier and more clear but it has not the precision like dark weather ( example wind from 76 degrees )

Again thanks for the app :+1::+1:

It has a precision of 22.5 degrees (N=0 / NNE = 22.5 / NE = 45), but yes, it will not have the precision of dark weather for as far as the data they deliver is exact. The question is if a precision of 22.5 degrees is enough.

Also a direction VAR may be returned by the api for a little wind coming from any direction.

Just discovered a small bug: When trying to get an API key from the link in the configuration page in the App I get an error. Apparently the link has to be secure to get an API key. So the ‘s’ is missing in the url.

This will soon be fixed, the wind direction in degrees added and the correct value for wind force (windk vs winds) will be used. The next version is awaiting approval.

Hi

The degrees is thatvthe 22.5 scale ? Or 360 degrees ( like 16 or 279 degrees for example )

Degrees are a multiple of 22.5, so possible values are 0, 22.5, 45, 67.5, 90, …, 337.5, null.

null (nothing) when there is no direction (varying direction) given.

Toppie :+1:

Hallo allen, mag ik een hulpvraag stellen? No valid response from weerlive, check your API key is de melding die ik krijg bij het toevoegen van een apparaat. Homey versie 5.0.1. Heb op meteo server een account aangemaakt en krijg daar de API key te zien. Ik hoef hier toch geen betaald account te hebben? De key ingevuld bij de app in homey. Van alles geprobeerd. Wat mis ik? Ronald

Dat is ook niet waar je een account moet aanmaken, dat moet op weerlive.nl.

I can not create more knmi divices i have more api keys i have at darksky 6 api keys and also 6 different darksky devices to display different weather reports on a dashboard, can you make your app so that i can make more knmi divices.

I do not intend to facilitate any abuse of this api. Abuse might lead to the free api being closed down permanently. That would hurt us all.

Lets take your example of 6 devices, that would lead to a maximum of 900 daily queries that would cost you €80 per month at Meteoserver or $90 at meteomatics. The maximum permitted number of daily free queries at weerlive is 300, so one api key allows for 2 devices. I might at some point add the possibility to add a second device.

If there is a big enough interest I could also allow more locations to be queried, but not as a device. So manually query a location at a specific time, counting the total number of queries to never exceed 300 per day.

Yes, 150 a day maximum per device as there is one day in a year that has 25 hours and it fetches every 10 minutes.

I’m happy with 2 devices 1 device is not working for me.

Sorry maar aan 1 device heb je niks aan daar kan je niks mee als je een weerstation op een dashbord wil maken.

Ik probeer de App te installeren. Ik krijg direct de melding “De API key wordt gecontroleerd…”. Ik heb nog helemaal niet de gelegenheid gehad mijn key in te voeren. Het scherm blijft hangen.

Doe ik iets verkeerd?

In the Homey app you can go to more → apps → KNMI → configure app.
That is where you can always enter or change your API-key.