[APP][Pro] Knmi (Dutch weather, for Homey firmware v5 or above)

Have you gotten things to work as desired?

Yes, the installation was a bit strange. Because I could not enter a key, the message was that the installation had failed. But KNMI turned out to be installed anyway. So it works.

The condition “het is licht of onbewolkt” gives me problems. I have installed KNMI and added a device for my location. The value of “weerberekening” is “licht bewolkt”, but the condition “het is licht of onbewolkt nu” gives False.
Am I missing something or could this be a bug?
Greetings,
Paul

I am having the same problem as Paul, the app shows that the sky is clear, the flow shows this value as “false”. I probably won’t respond to this post as I am very busy, but i thought I could add to the error report.

Thanks for the app!

I will look into this when I het back from vacation.

Thank you. Enjoy your holidays.
Regards,
Paul

Is there a way to get an expected rain for tomorrow or today message? I want to shower my grass , but only if it is not going to rain in the next 12 hours or so

not sure what i am doing wrong but i only have 1 IF flow card: retrieve wheater info from knmi
there are NO AND cards
and only 1 THEN card: get info from knmi

I got and saved my api key in settings but more then this i do not get…

Did you only install the app or also created a device? It is necessary to create a KNMI device also.

The rain chance for today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow are available. That is not an expected amount of rain though, so if it is useful for for you I don’t know. The Buienalarm app does have a flowcard that includes expected amount of rain in the next hours though.

tnx for your reply. Buienalarm doesn’t cover the entire day, for me that’s a problem. My pump goes online half an hour before sunrise, but only if there is no expected rain. I solved it by creating two flows, first if the expected rain is above a certain value, it sets a var ‘rainingToday’ to yes. And resets that var to no at 11.55pm. The pump only get’s enabled when the var is set to ‘no’.

But if I now rethink, I didn’t realize it a expected % rain. I tought it was in mm. So that sux balls. I have to rethink my flows now :frowning:

Hi Some1,

Thank you so much for this great app. It fits all my needs to control my screens and blinds to keep the sun out. :+1:

I’ve tried this It is slightly cloudy or clear card, see screenshot below. However it seems to always result in FALSE. For example, the log stated: “Now is cloudy (Licht bewolkt)”. Any idea why this could be? For now I just check the recap parameter against different values and get what I need. I was just curious whether this card works for you properly.

Hi Grotius,

I still need to check that, not sure when I have the time to do that though, it is high on my todo list though.

I just released a new version, can you tell me if this card now works as desired?

Nice app. is it true that some tags have not been updated for 8 days. I have a flow that Refresh data every half hour.

The location tag will likely never be updated (unless you change you’re Homey’s location that is).
But that is the only tag I have that has not been changed for more then a day.
For some I can imagine that the weather alarm tag has not been changed for more then a few days though.

If you installed the device, it is automatically updated every 10 minutes and you do not need a flow to update the device.

For some it is not needed to send requests to the weerlive api every 10 minutes (KNMI does not update it more frequent, so no point in requesting it more), so it is possible to customize that so you can minimize the number of requests. If you would want to do that you need one flow to request data and another to process the received data.
As the goal would be to minimize requests, requesting data manually would only be usefull when you do not install the device, else you would at all times already have the latest data.

okay 10 minutes is more than enough then I remove that flow.

If you have thet card haal nieuwe data op somewhere in a flow, does it stop with those 10 minutes ?

Not only the location and alarm also, minimum temperature for 2 days and other tags 16 hours. And some 5 minutes.

If there is no new data then leave it unchanged and say homey not changed ?

If the new data equals the old data then it is not updated. All data is always fetched.

Yes, this flow card seems to work properly now. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification I think I understand now.

ok then there are sometimes hours difference between the different tags.