[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

Ok thx for testing this. I think I can make it an optional setting to make it work as in the old version.

Thank you!

I just sent you a small donation to encourage you to keep up the good work. I really love both the KIA app and Power By The Hour!

/Mats

Super. Donation received. Many thx Mats ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::beers:

new version 2.9.2 is ready for testing

• Fixed uncaught rejections.
  • Enabled charge state fix after refresh.
  • Optimized queue handling.

@Magellan58 this version should work again for your charging use case. No additional settings needed.

If I don’t get any problems as feedback I will push it to stable in a couple of days.

Hi,

Nice, seems to work as expected, actually better than before because this version do not start charging and than stop again so I guess you don’t send any command after the stop charging command.

A new donation is on its way!

/Mats

1 Like

Again many thx for your donation! :heart_eyes:

Indeed after a stop charge command I suppress the refresh command. But if after some time you do a refresh from Homey it will start charging again. This will be automatically stopped after 30 seconds or so.

Ok, seems to be a smart solution on the “auto start charging” issue. I don’t think I will run in to the the second case because I don’t issue any refresh after I have stopped charing and I have periodically refresh (in the app settings) set to zero.
My flow is triggered when the charger start to deliver power (have a separate energy meter on the charger), I then do a manual refresh to get an update on the cars battery level and I use that info to calculate how many hours I need to charge and then your other app Power By the hour is used to select the cheapest hours.

1 Like

Hi again! Sorry to bother you, but I’m working on an advanced flow to automatic smart charge my car during cheap hours.
Is there a tag that can tell me if the charging cable is connected or not? I want the flow to try start charging only if the cable is connected.

No problem Ray. Yes there is a text tag. ‘0’ means not connected. See all possible values here:

I created an example flow for you:

2 Likes

Ah, cool. I was expecting a number or Boolean tag. I don’t really understand the code you pasted, but I can read from the tag charger output that if the charger is connected but not charging I get the result:4, and when the charger is connected but charging I get the result:2
Is this consistent?
Edit: just opened the link and got my answers… thanx

1 Like

Thanks for a great app!

I’m trying to optimize my nightly charging times against Norwegian electricity prices and the consumption fee ladder.
I wish for a test/variable which reflects whether the car is plugged in or not. This should be available in the Bluelink status?

If the car is not plugged in (or not parked at my home), my flow does not need to bother trying to turn charging on, and can spend the cheapest hours on the water boiler.

uhm, that is exactly what the two posts above are about. I even included a sample flow. What is it you are missing exactly?

Ouch, my apologies! :man_facepalming:
I was new to this topic, and searched for “plugged” and a couple of other terms. This looks like exactly what I need, thanks!

1 Like

Hey have anyone had this happen?

In the kia connect app it say remote service in process as a popup error when trying to upd a car status. And in the kia homey app log i get a 404 bad request.

// Ted

You can try resetting your car unit (very small button next to volume)

That solved it. Seam to be that the modem in the car had hung itself up in some manor when switching month. Talked to Kia and they said it can happen when switching month over midnight. Apparently known issue.

1 Like

Wow, so that a new month happened to start exactly at midnight last night is a one in a million chance :joy:

Rofl. Well we will see if kia figure out a fix for it at some point in time. First time i had this issue happening in this manor.

v2.9.3 is ready as test: Kia and Hyundai | Homey

• Disabled charge state fix after refresh by default.
  • Added setting to enable charge state fix after refresh.

When giving a refresh command the car starts charging even when the charging was off. Enabling the fix option will disable charging after a refresh.
Before version 2.9.3 the automatic fix was always enabled. But I found out that creates too many unwanted effects, causing the car not to charge when you thought it would charge, even when connected to a public charge point.

@Magellan58 This means you manually need to set the ‘Fix charger off after refresh’ in advanced settings, and you need to watch if the charger is switched on when you want it too.

Ok, I will install the test version and report back as soon as I have tested it.

1 Like