[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

I did it like this with 3 number variables and just dumping it into a virtual device when the variables change … But using PBTH aint a bad idea eather. Gonna try that also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, i’m having issues with the app. After adding my car (Hyundai Tucson HEV) the data isn’t refreshed. Especially ETTH, location, distance isn’t refreshed.

These are the settings:

Also the car shows a red exclamation mark frequently and after restarting the app, it’s solved temporarily.

App version 2.8.0
Homey version 8.0.2

Any clues why I encounter these problems?

Can you restart the app, wait a few minutes, and then send me an app diagnostics report.

Hello,

This is the code: 67b14936-f5ff-4acf-897b-cb32618104ee

5e651611-fa0e-4cab-8ae7-160d4c0772b0

New version 4.9.0 is ready for testing: Kia and Hyundai | Homey

• Renamed alarm_batt, meter_odo, meter_range, meter_speed capabilities.
  • Removed state fix after refresh.
  • Enabled local stamp generation.
  • bluelinky@8.0.0-alpha.1.
  • Debug mode on.

There are 2 big changes. First is that it is now possible to show the battery level, the odo meter or the speed meter in the device tile of the mobile app. Secondly the authentication stamps are now generated on the fly on Homey in stead of the need to download a stamp collection from the internet every day.

The local stamp generation is a pretty big change, so I will probably keep this in testing for a while.

Have fun with it :slight_smile:

Installed the new version. Looks fine most of it exept one thing that for both my cars it isnt getting the ev bat. value anymore. On the battery page on the ev bat. it just gives ? as the reported value and as result the device icon shows a blank state.

I checked the log and both cars in there have the correct bat values so it seam to just be a presentation issue and not a get the value problem.

Can you try ‘restart’ of the Homey app and after a minute or 2 send me a diagnostics report?

I think i solved it a couple of mins ago. I resetup the car devices and that solved the problem. This is what i did

1. deleted both cars as devices. Didnt reinstall thr app
  2. Added the cars again.
  3. Configured the slow and fast charging values for both cars.

BTW phev car is showing fast charging level option but it dont have that option in the car itself.

But i took out a report anyway if you want to have a look on something anyway.

d8e78de9-bfb2-4238-9603-09f983262bad

I gues others might get simular issues maybe when upgrading/installing this version. But now it seam to be all right again.

1 Like

Hi Teddy. Thx for the feedback. I have tried multipe times to reproduce this, but I am unable to. For me the migration always works. I did create a new test version that has extra checks built-in after migration, and also I added a startup watchdog because I found that on a slow Homey the startup sometimes fails.

If anyone else has issues with the new test version 2.9.1 please let me know. If I do not get problems reported I will push it to the stable channel.

Your PHEV does provide (slow) charge target setting?
What happens if you try to set a fast charge target from Homey? Do you see an error in the app logs?

I dont think it is a big deal, but maybe I could remove the charge_target setting for PHEV’s.

Yes it is only slow charge based. I dont think there is any phev kia car that have DC charging at all.

I only changed the fast charging to 50% this is what happens in the log

[log] 2022-08-18 14:22:22 [uvo] [dev] Status refresh from car
[err] 2022-08-18 14:21:57 [uvo] [dev] setChargeTargets failed @EuropeVehicle.setChargeTargets: [503] Service Unavailable on [POST] https://prd.eu-ccapi.kia.com:8080/api/v2/spa/vehicles/8d301127-9bc9-4bc4-8b95-5717c76b7154/charge/target - {“retCode”:“F”,“resCode”:“5031”,“resMsg”:“Unavailable remote control - Service Temporary Unavailable”,“msgId”:“4837f8a8-e052-4ec3-b492-3adfce39ef0e”}
[log] 2022-08-18 14:21:49 [uvo] [dev] Charge target is set by app to slow:100 fast:50
[log] 2022-08-18 14:21:39 [uvo] [dev] Status refresh from car

// Teddy

1 Like

I just released v2.9.1 as stable. This is a big update!

• Renamed alarm_batt, meter_odo, meter_range, meter_speed capabilities.
  • Removed state fix after refresh.
  • Enabled local stamp generation.
  • Added bluelinky startup watchdog.
  • bluelinky@8.0.0-alpha.1.

By renaming the capabilities you can now select from several values to be shown in the device tile.
The local stamp generation does not need to download a stamplist from the internet and should therefore be more stable in case of login issues.

Hi! And thanks for a great app!

So I’m wondering what the best way of making a Flow for auto charging would be? Or that is quite simple, I guess, but what I really wonder is what would be the best way of not getting my charger to start charge directly before Homey has checked the current price?

At the moment I’m doing that by setting a charging schedule in the car of 10 min (hopefully not that 10 min I connect the car) and then Homey send the Start Charging command when the price is right.

But maybe you have a better suggestion?

Thx Johan!

I have to make some assumtions, because you didnt specify. I assume you are using Power By The Hour to get your current price. And I assume you only want Homey to control the charging when the car is at home. And I assume your car always starts charging when you plug in a charger ( but I am not sure of that)

So first you make 2 flows with PBTH:
When price changes, and price is one of X lowest and distance < 0.1, then start charging
When price changes, and price is not one of X lowest and distance < 0.1, then stop charging

To stop charging on a high price when you just arrived home, make a flow with Kia/Hyundai:
When location changed, and distance < 0.1, and price is not one of X lowest today, then stop charging.

Just my first thoughts, but maybe someone else has better thoughts :wink:

Hi,

Thanks for a good app!

Don´t know if it is related to the new version but the flow I used to charge my car do not work anymore.
My charger start to charge the car when I plug it in and I detect that and let your app send a “stop charging” command. The car will actually stop the charging process but it automatically starts again just 5 to seconds later.
I have the same issue if I use the homey app manually, but if I use the official KIA app everything work as expected.

Any suggestion?

Kind Regards
Mats

Yes I did make a change there. Problem is that when the car is plugged in but not charging, doing a status refresh will start the charge again. This also happens if you do a status refresh from the Kia app. I used to do a ‘state fix’ which involves stopping to charge after a refresh when the last known state was ‘not charging’. But this leads to other issues including that my car unit was locking up very often. I could then only get it to work by pressing the reset button on my car unit.

I suggest you try to put a delay on the stop charging command. Or do a second stop charging some minutes later.

Hi again,

I actually added a second stop charging command, three minutes after the first one, but it started to charge also after the second command was issued.

But your explanation of the change you did explain the old behavior, because in the old version having only one stop charging command in my flow I observed that it always stopped charging, the started again and finally stopped.

Is it possible to make a change so that the old behavior could be activated using a configuration parameter or do you have another suggestion to make it work again?

/Mats

Hi,

Did some more testing and tried to send the stop charing command a number of times with various delays between but with no luck, it always start to charge a few seconds later.
And yes, if I use the Kia app to do a status refresh then it also start charging again, but if I only send a single stop charging (using the KIA app) then it won’t start charging again.

Now I have installed the older version of your app and that seems to work just fine with my home charger.