[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Yes, also reinstalled the app.

Is there a way to “restart” the kwh1 meter? As said I dont have the device, just to enforce the mdns process of the device itself.

Try the new beta/test version 2.1.17 it searches for kwhmeter as host rather than txt.product_type.
Not sure why that fails but it is worth a shot. @Peter_Verver

No succes. Works the same as the normal version.

Then I have no clue, sorry.

Strange, it worked fine until the latest update.

Did you powercycle the kwh meter (turn off/on the elec group)?

Also try this tool if you have a iphone/ipad:

and search for _hwenergy._tcp

With http://192.168.2.42/api/v1/data I receive:

wifi_ssid “WI-FI”
wifi_strength 62
total_power_import_t1_kwh 17.913
total_power_export_t1_kwh 2187.719
active_power_w -33.727
active_power_l1_w -33.727

So, where is your kwhmeter-xxxxx ?
As said one p1 and two energysockets.
But the kwhmeter is not in that list, so how do you expect me to find it?

Don’t know. In the Energy app it works fine. Maybe it need a update? Ask Homewizard. In the past it worked fine in Homey.

Your kWhmeter does not announce itself on your network so it’s your problem not mine. I won’t reach out to HomeWizard for you.
Their Energy app does not rely on mdns as that is a local network service and the cloud connection you refer to.
So power cycle your kWh meter and try again else raise a request a support ticket with HomeWizard support to replace the kWhmeter as its malfunctioning.
It’s not my app as it seeks the kwhmeter name in that list of mdns discovery and it does not.

I do this stuff for free, its a hobby, don’t expect me fix your problem as it “seems” to relate to an update while in fact its local network or device issue that I can’t fix for you.

1 Like

Jeroen, the problemen is solved.The wasmachine died and did make a shortcut. Since I turned the power back on, the kwh meter was visible in Discovery. I added it again in Homey. Thanks for the help. Cheers, Peter.

1 Like

Good to hear it is resolved. Typical what the English people say “red herring” where you can get distracted what the issue is and eventually it was something else.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m trying to get my P1 dongle to work but the app can’t find it. I’ve tried the beta and stable version, can see the device on my network and have enabled local API.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

What do you mean with that? Is this inside their own Homewizard Energy app? Powercycle the P1 is my first advise to force the P1 to start its mdns again.

I can yes, and in the Unifi control panel. Tried power cycling both the P1 and homey.

But I guess I know the problem mDNS + Unifi is a very bad combination, it basically won’t work most of the time. Is there no way to point thr app to a static IP?

Homey and P1 in same vlan / wifi?

Yes! Forced them onto the same AP even.

Untick this on your ssid network.

And be sure this is enabled: