[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Yeah 1m sounds fine between Homewizard and your Router/AP. It is not about the distance between Homewizard and Homey. Also it is about interference around Homewizard and AP.

As an example my Homewizard was next to my Homey in the storage room (voorraadkast). And that kept messing around with the Homewizard wifi connection. I placed the Homewizard 1 meter away from Homey (lower) and all of a sudden that connection improved. Sure Homewizard wifi chip is still a troublemaker (known issue) but having its own wifi SSID etc helps a lot.

1 Like

Thx for the quick replies. When I have time, I will move the homewizard further away from the Router/AP. Then reboot homewizard app inside homey and monitor for a few days what memory usage is. Thanks!

Sure no problem. At least I know for sure that memory hogs in the app are wifi connection related.
This is my personal CLI debug version that runs on 20s polls (dont have sensors, only thermometers to read so 20s is fine).

I moved the homewizard 1m away from the Router/AP compared to 15/20 cm :slight_smile:
Then I restarted the app and I think it already looks much better.
Although I do see a small memory increasement.

Let’s see after a few days :smiley:
And otherwise I will try to place it even further away (have to extend the USB power cable)

I have 868mhz smoke sensors, so I do prefer the 10s polls.

Ok drop me another diagnostic report later today so we can compare what the difference is.

New one: dea25ad3-a84f-47b4-bf9a-e61ed70f6123

I noticed I have some small spikes exactly every 15 minutes. Not sure what it is.

FetchError: request to http://… failed, reason: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.143:80
at ClientRequest. (/node_modules/node-fetch/lib/index.js:1461:11)

Still wifi issues but far less and not about timeout but host unreachable. Maybe those are every 15 min on your network?
There are no 15min moments in the code only every 10 sec so must be something else. At leased I see a memory improvement already.

I did disconnect homewizard once to move it further away. But not sure what it can be. I will try to find the best spot :slight_smile:

For sure it will be a quest where to put that stupid Homewizard unit :joy:
Eventually you wont touch it anymore…hopefully…

1 Like

I received a request to combine all Homewizard products together in one application. Athom has a policy “one brand one app” so the Homewizard Energy dongle and its future products will find their place here in this application. For starters the dongle has been added (basic functionality) additional meters are not added yet (will do in following update).

2 Likes

Missing P1 meters are added now to the Energy code. This eventually will make the other application “Homewizard Energy” to be archived/removed from the Homey app store.

Thx @Jeroen_Tebbens!
Installed this app after having used the HW Energy app thankfully.
In this app some other meters are back that aren’t used in my case. You hided ghem in Energy. Can you do the same here?

HomeWizard app:

“Old” Energy app:

Yeah sorry found the issue. By default it adds the return (production meters) to that view. Need to add two lines to remove them again.

Those and “huidig gebruik alle fases” too. :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance for applying the changes…

Try:

Thx @Jeroen_Tebbens!
T1 and T2 delivered to the grid are gone indeed.
Just current usage all phases stays…

Personally I would re-order the icons a bit too, but that’s just cosmetic (gas - current power - total usage - T1 usage - T2 usage). Up to you of course. :slight_smile:

I have no clue how. I recon it’s based on the other upon creation of the device and adding its capabilities.
No clue why that meter stays there. I am pretty sure it should be removed based on the code.
Annoyingly I don’t have that issue with my implementation. Maybe remove/add again?

Yes, that did the trick!
It is gone now…
I installed the P1 meter while it was in the old app too. Perhaps that created a problem.

Thx again!

Maybe but doubt it. Happy to see that it is sorted now. I will push the bug fix to stable then.

Thanks for confirming Henk!

1 Like

Homewizard have a working API for the P1 meter. For there MID meters there is no API yet. They have plans for it but no planning. Maybe it helps when more people ask for it using the contact form of Homewizard. Hopefully Jeroen can add them then in the app.
The MID meter is very usefull to meter your solarpanels or your electric car.

2 Likes