[APP][Pro] Homematic App - Connect Homematic with Homey

hello @drao ,

thank you for the copy of the homematic app. I would like to install this on my homey, but I still need support for 2 other devices:

HMiP-PSM-2 (see also the github request of another user, Issues · draoZA/homey-matic-master · GitHub, it would be sufficient here if you simply edit the directory of the previously supported device hmip-psm copied or adapted?

the same for the HM-Sec-WDS - there is now a version with the 2 here too, so I would need support for the “hm-sec-wds-2” device here too

could you please make these adjustments in the app clone or give us information on where and how to adjust something so that we can otherwise make the adjustments ourselves?

Thank you and many greetings

@DirkG - Or maybe you know your way around here and could help us here? Thanks

Update: I tried to integrate the homey-matic-master using homey cli. simply add the variant hmip-psm-2 to the array of device types. then the app is loaded onto the homey via cli (it is then displayed as development - and hey - psm-2 is recognized and can be controlled :wink:

No, unfortunately not. I have absolutely no programming knowledge. But you have already solved it yourself. :+1:t2:

Why should they state what they don’t support.

Looks like you didn’t learned enough before buying.
Athom doesn’t stat they support it.
I give it a verry little chance they will create an official App / integration with this brand.

You could ask the community developer of this app if he is able to fix it,

Ask Homematic self to Officially support Homey

or try to find a developer, the current Code is online available to improve.

For your first post, without even providing any real problem or Issue except you learned after buying that there is no official support…

Agree with you, Huey! Please add support for the garage door motor module “HMiP-MOD-TM”.

Please add HmIP-eTRV-2 I9F
It seems that the new Generation “HmIP-eTRV-2 I9F” is not jet compatible. I checked if the Problem is on my end but if i re-add any device it works perfectly. Just my 3 new thermostats HmIP-eTRV-2 I9F dont show up. Could you please check this?

1 Like

So this device will not be added until a other app developer will program a new app for Homematic devices.
A good workaround is to use Home Assistant to integrate the devices and use the Homey app Home Assistant Community to import these devices to Homey.

Hi @drao

I recently bought an HmIP-eTRV-B-2 R4M - it seems to be a new version of the eTRV-B-2 which is already included in the homey/homematic app.

Could you give me advice, how I could include it my self in your version of the app? I tried simply to copy the eTRV-B folder and rename it to “eTRV-B-2 R4M” - but this does not work (the device is not recognized).

Would be great if I could hear from you.

Cheers, Nic

Hello SM24, Did your solution (just adding the name) work and can/will you share this with us?

Hi there,

unfortunately @drao does not answer either. Seems just like everyone who made a deep dive in the HomeMatic app leaves the field ;-(

I‘m still using Homey and Homematic. See my previous post on adjusted app version I created. I‘m just not able to add further homematic devices

Hi @drao,

Thanks for replying.

I would add further devices- if I understand how the logic is. Just copying a folder under drivers and rename it does not do the Job.

Do you have a hint for me how to get further?-

I only added a newer version if an existing device. That was pretty much copy & paste. Just changing device name pretty much. And adding the icon

Is there still an developer working on this app? I would like to use my HMW-IO-12-SW7-DR with it.

As already mentioned several times in this article, this app hasn’t been developed anymore for almost 3 years. All attempts to contact the app developer have failed so far.
However, if you have programming skills, you can download a copy (fork) of the code from GitHub, add your device and then install the edited code on your Homey Pro via CLI.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mediola Matter Bridge for Homematic IP - Option for the outdated Homematic App?

Hey,

I got my Homey Pro today and have a lot of Homematic Devices already added. Unfortunately I cannot find the HmIP-BBL within the list of useable devices.

Is there any chance to get that device connected?

It’s basically the same as a HmIP-BROLL but of course not found when searching for that one.

Hello dear community!

I’m quite familiar with the topic of smart homes, but I’m far from being a complete professional.

Now to my question: I recently got the Homey Pro (Early 2023), which I was able to connect to my existing Homematic CCU3 control center. Now there is one thing that annoys me or that I don’t understand. After I have connected my Homematic alarm siren HmIP-ASIR, it is displayed seven times in the app (although I only have this one siren).

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance!

Just got my Homey, and I was looking for Homematic IP, which I found, but I cannot find sunblinds HmIP-HDM5.

Anyone knows where to put in a request?

Cheers,
Alex

1 Like

You can request a new device on GitHub:

But the problem is, that the Homey Homematic App is not maintained anymore.

Info

Posts about the mediola Matter Bridge for Homematic IP are off topic. So I created a new topic named Mediola Matter Bridge for Homematic IP - Option for the outdated Homematic App?.
The mediola Matter Bridge topics were moved into this new topic.