[APP][Pro] HDashboards Companion - The Homey Dashboard

5. FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):

• 5.1 Who is the founder of HDashboards?
Menno van Hout is the founder of HDashboards. When he created HDashboards, he worked for a big software company. A couple of months after creating HDashboards, he started to work for Athom (Homey).

• 5.2 I found a bug/have a feature request, what do i do?
Feature requests can be added here.
Once per month, you ll get votes to give some feature requests more attention.

We try our best to reduce the amount of bugs as much as possible. We do have a test team for android, ios and web. Yet, it can happen. Bugs can be reported here.

• 5.3 Why do i have a different layout on different devices?
The layout will be safed per amount of horizontal squares (in edit mode), this makes it possible to make certain cards bigger on a bigger devices than on a smaller phone. If you want to edit the layout of your tablet on a pc, just check out how many horizontal squares the tablet has, go to the menu of the pc, and change the “max width” of the pc to the same amount your tablet has.
The maximum width can also be changed per dashboard. Just head to the dashboards screen, edit the dashboard and change the max width there.

• 5.4 HDashboards says homey is offline, how to fix that?
It might occur that HDashboards gives an “homey offline” error. This error most often occurs when the homey cloud has or has had issues. To solve this issue, restart your Homey and force close the HDashboards app.

• 5.5 How does HDashboards connect to homey?
HDashboards tries to connect using a direct (socket) connection to your dashboard. If not possible, the data will be sent using the athom cloud.
HDashboards uses an cloud in Amsterdam. The cloud is used to store images you uploaded on the hdashboards website, to store layout and to transform image links. No device/flow data will be stored in the cloud. We do safe your name, payment information and email adress.

• 5.6 Is HDashboards secure?
Yes, HDashboards runs fully local, we only store layouts in the cloud. No device information will be safed (UUID’s only). We follow all the regulations of the Dutch Law. Hdashboards uses a on to on connection to Homey.

• 5.7 Are there examples of dashboards?
Please check the gallery here.

• 5.8 On which platforms does HDashboards work?
HDashboards works on web
HDashboard works on android.
HDashboards works on IOS.

• 5.9 How can i change the background?
Go to the dashboard page, press edit, edit the dashboard and you ll find the option the change the background and transparency of the cards.

• 5.10 What does HDashboards cost?
We offer the following packages:

• FREE Trial: 14 Days access, 1 User, Unlimited dashboard, Unlimited Cards, Single Homey,
  • € 25: Standard, 1 Year access, 10 Users, Unlimited dashboard, Unlimited Cards, Single Homey
  • € 20: 1 Additional Homey, 1 Year access, 10 Users, Unlimited dashboard, Unlimited Cards, Multi Homey’s (+ 1 homey)

• 5.11 After a refresh, my colors reset.
Please make sure you add the key into the app settings of the companion app. Check written tutorial step 1 & 2 or video tutorial .
Note: on some devices, the key might not be fully visible. Make sure you select the full key before copying.

• 5.12 How can i make advanced graphs?
Please check this tutorial.

• 5.13 Can i upload pictures to HDashboards?
Yes you can upload your picture here and press on the eye icon. You can now copy and paste the link into an image card.

• 5.14 Can I show my trash dates on the dashboard?
Yes, check the tutorial here.

• 5.15 Can I show timers on the dashboard?
Yes, check the tutorial here.

• 5.16 What is HBeat?
HBeat is a tool that checks the status your homey every 15 minutes. If your status changes from online to offline or the other way around, i twill actively send you an email to notify you.

• 5.17 How do I transfer my lay-out to a new homey?
If you bought a new homey and replaced an backup, you are able to transfer your dashboard aswell! Just go to the main website of hdashboards and register your new homey. Once you login on the main website, you ll find both your homeys under ‘home’. Press the blue ‘transfer’ button to transfer your dashboard.

• 5.18 I Can’t Access My Dashboard on Any Platform / I Changed My Password – What Should I Do?
If you’re unable to access your dashboard on any platform and encounter a login error, you can likely resolve the issue by visiting the HDashboards website and selecting ‘Register Homey.’ This problem often occurs after changing your Homey’s password.

• 5.19 What are the HDashboards color codes?
Dark Mode:

• Background (black): #121212
  • Card background (dark grey): #1E1E1E
  • Device on (green): #1D4A36

Light Mode:

• Background (pale blue-white): #EFF1F6
  • Card background (white): #FFFFFF
  • Device on (green): #56C78E

• 5.20 how to display your current location and travel times?
In order to display (current) locations, travel times, traffic jams or other information based on gps/coordinates, you could check this information and the “Here Free location & map services” app.

Other questions? Feel free to ask