[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

@Arie_J_Godschalk is kinda the master of all ports so if you need help you should ask him :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hey @rkokkelk No rush, but did you make any progress or do you still need some help? There are several developers that might want to guide you.

So far not really, I’m hoping to do some work on this, this January or February. Any help is, offcourse, highly appreciated. But it is not really an issue of finding out how to do it but just an issue of just doing it. So if anyone whants to help, Pull Request via Github is highely appreciated.

I’ll ask some developers, maybe one can help. Your work is much appreciated!

FYI - I did send @rkokkelk an SDK3 version that I made of his app. I hope this helps him with the official SDK3 conversion of the app.

4 Likes

Thanks to @Homey_Lampje, an initial update has been provided. Have not gotten around to testing it properly but will hopefully do that this week. For progress please see:

4 Likes

Thanks to you both! Looking forward to it.

So I’ve published a test release, which can be used to test the latest version with support for SDKv3. If there is any feedback, please post this here.

Honorable mention to @Homey_Lampje, which helped a lot with a initial contribution.

6 Likes

So there was an particular issue with the Activity Driver which should now be fixed. So when you install the latest test version this issue should not be encountered anymore. Any additional feedback is appreciated.

6 Likes

Does someone here know if Homey reproduces the ir-signals?
And would it be possibel to use a bridge as ir-repeater in a different room using the same one Harmony Hub?
I ordered a HP 2023 and I am planning to get me a used hub soon, so i cannot try this myself (yet).

Your question is a bit vague, so gonna answer in every way possible.

Homey can’t learn/use any IR signals from Logitech Harmony (Homey can’t learn IR signals at all outside of the development environment anymore) to use it for its own IR blaster.
If the device is inside its IR database, then you can use Homey 2023 (or any earlier versions for that matter) or Homey Bridge (together with Homey Cloud, or as satellite (:soon:)) directly.

You can activate any IR signal(s) that the Harmony Hub knows with a flow card (not directly from GUI).

Thanks for this very quick answer, Caseda !!!
I think you cover my (apparantly not so clear) answer fine.
Just to be sure:

1. I buy one Harmoy hub. 2.I install the Harmoney app on Homey
    And then i can control a device in another room with homey, using flow-cards. Provided there is a Homey Bridge in the specific room as a repeater and Harmony knows the device.
    And again: thanks!

You don’t need the additional Bridge for that, the connection from Homey Pro to the Harmony Hub is via WiFi not via IR.

Thanks again!
Seems difficult for me to get the question completely clear :frowning:
Homey and Harmony are in my living room. There is a ir-device in another room. I would like to control that ir-device with Homey too.
BUT: this may take a long time before I get to that. So lets rest this last question for later: the most important things are clear now.
Thanks for your help!

Thanks for all the work you’re putting into this. I installed V3.0.1, all looks good but the “send command” card no longer seems to work → Error: “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘getData’)”

Thanks for the report, I’ve created an issue on Github for it, I’ll work on it as soon as possible.

I’ve just published a new version 3.0.2 which should fix this issue. If not please let me know.

1 Like

a second harmony hub for the other room will do it

1 Like

Everything works fine again. Thanks.

1 Like

Is it possible to add a ‘sync’ command to Homey to sync the remote with the Hub? I have an emulated Hue bridge in Docker, and sometimes the light buttons on my harmony remote don’t work anymore. I think it happens when the hue bridge container is updated. In order to fix it, I have to trigger a sync command in the harmony app on my phone. Not a big deal, but if it can be easily automated that would be nice.