[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Ok, so now I fixed it by removing a group that had a light that did not exist anymore. But I think this still should be considered a bug.

Yes sounds like a bug, and it will be fixed as soon as I can replicate it.

@Tom_Starren can you explain what you mean by - a group which contains groups? Groups of groups should work (by design)?

@Lindansaren can this issue be replicated by 1. Create a group, 2. Delete the device which is with the group 3. attempt to view the group category with in the settings?

Thanks

Tried to reproduce it but I couldnā€™t. After creating all groups again everything is working for me.

@Tom_Starren is it possible that you created a group with groups with in it - then deleted one of the ā€˜nestedā€™ groups? I donā€™t know how but after 45 minutes I was able to replicate that issue.

@Jamie could be that Iā€™ve done that.

Can try to reproduce it tonight if still needed.

Just a heads up, this issue has actually been fixed (upon alpha), Version 2.2.1alpha1.

Given that I donā€™t have many alpha testers at the moment, im going to roll this in with the next release, which includes an alarm category, and perhaps along with ā€˜otherā€™ category which contains all capabilities with in it.

As always looking for alpha testers

The beta channel has been updated 2.2.102, please let me know if you have any difficulties.

updating now, will let you know.

I just updated to the 2.2.102 beta and noticed a couple things so prompted me to ask for a couple of requests:

1. A few days ago I had to remove all my tado devices and add them back to apply a fix in an app update. What I had forgotten was these were included in two groups, one for average upstairs temperature and one for downstairs average temperature. It was only when looking at the update that I noticed the devices said ā€œDeletedā€ in the group settings. Perfectly understandable so not complaining about that but would it be possible to add a warning triangle symbol to the group tile when there is something wrong so it draws attention to investigate?

2. I named both the groups ā€œAverage Temperatureā€ as one tile was placed in the upstairs location and the other in the downstairs location. When I went to fix the problems I found I can only do that in the app settings, where I just see the group name, so I had no idea which one I was fixing. Any chance the entries could show both the location and name?

3. After changing the settings, the back button at the top goes all the way back to the homey settings screen. Any chance that could go back to the list of groups in the category and then that back key go back to the list of categories (e.g. back one step)?

App is looking good though.

OK, here is an awkward one. I have some window covers driven by Somfy and some by Qubino. Somfy only supports the ā€œwindow coverings stateā€ capability (up, down, stop) but Qubino only supports the ā€œDim Levelā€ capability. Ideally I want a group for all window covers to be able open and close them all at the same time. E.g. set the ā€œwindow coverings stateā€ to open and the ā€œDim Levelā€ to 100% or the ā€œwindow coverings stateā€ to closed and the ā€œDim Levelā€ to 0%.
At the moment, if I select both capabilities when defining the group, nothing shows up on the device screen.
Any thoughts on how I might be able to do that with group?

My work around is to add two flows that are triggered by the Somfy group that open / close the Qubino group.

@Adrian_Rockall First thats some great feedback, thank you, let see if I can run through them in order :

1. The ā€˜warningā€™ triangle is actually called the ā€˜unavailableā€™ triangle. I can show it, however it will mean the group can not be used (at all) and shows the error. I gave quite a bit of thought about this, and it was extra work, but I figured just because one device isnā€™t working does not mean you want your entire group to stop working. I then thought ā€˜perhaps a warning is necessaryā€™ but this.setWarning('Not all devices with in the group are available to be changed.'); ā€“ no longer works in v2 as far as I saw.

2. I can look into adding the zone name to the settings groups, however like all things in life there would be a compromise of the settings taking longer (potentially quite a bit) longer to load, as the ā€˜zoneā€™ is not a text string but a whole other API lookup. What do you think?

3. Nothing I can do about that one sorry, I agree with you and wish that I could, but I have no control over that back button - thats athom.

4. Ive considered allowing more ā€˜flexibleā€™ groups, which can combine capabilities which donā€™t apply to every device in the group. (ie group your somfy window coverings and qubino dim) But even if I was to do that, in your case as they are completely different capabilities you your ā€˜flexibleā€™ capability would still require two screens a window covering state & dimā€¦

I hope this all make sense.

Thanks, I hope the rest of the app is all working well for you?

1. I see the problem. I agree that it is better to keep as much as possible working. Shame about the setWarning not working. There is plenty of room in the device page when the tile is opened so you would of thought they could put the text in there somewhere. Maybe if Athom ever listen to what users want they will allow custom icons on the tile.

2. Is the extra lookup that slow? I played in the playground and it is very quick there: Homey.zones.getZone({id: "zone ID"}); where the zone ID is grabbed from the zone property in the group device. And it is only one lookup per group once the category has been selected. To work around the problem I had to go back to a group in the Device section and rename it so I could see which one was which. As the tiles are quite small I try to keep the names as short as possible. So I think the option would be good unless it really does cause a big slow down.

3. OK. Just a though, is it possible to put a ā€œCancelā€ button on the page to do the job?

4. What if the capability was downgraded to the minimum such that the dim capability was set to 100 for Up / Open / On and 0 for Down / Close / Off?
    However, I also came across another issue while trying to group all my covers. I have a mixture of curtains and roller blinds plus one Venetian blind. Closing is fine as they all need the close command but the Somfy Venetian blind needs the ā€˜Myā€™ or stop command to open just the slats :roll_eyes:
    At the moment I have admitted defeat on this and Iā€™m trying to do it with virtual buttons so the flows can work out the variations.

Everything else is great and it has been stable which is a bonus :grinning:

I have installed v2.2.102 and i have a problem with selecting some lights and with activating multiple lights connected to the sonoff T2 & T3

Max device list of 25:
I cannot select my device cause the list is to a max of 25 devices, and i have 35 devices. So the lights i want to select are not in the list due to the max limit of 25.

SONOFF Issue
When i select some SONOFF switches they are grouped butā€¦ my sonoff switches consist of 1gang/2 gang or 3 gang. Take for example a SONOFF group consist of T 1switch/2 switch/ 3switch that should switch in total 6 lights. but it only switches 3 lights from every sonoff device the first switch/relay. Is it possible that your app can recognize the individual buttons of a T2switch & T3switch ?

PNG

The app is really super, which ATHOM them self should have included long time ago, it does save a lot of flows.

Thank you !

Hi @Capt.Kiwi ,

Can you please create an issue here for the ā€˜only showing 25 devicesā€™ issue, please include screenshots - as I have over 25 lights and they all show correctly when pairing. Also what does the number at the top right of the screen show?

In regards to Sonoff at the moment the code is completely generic relying on Athoms predefined capabilities. I would be very hesitant to add work around for a particular device and would not do so for a device I am unable to test. Sorry, you might be stuck creating virtual devices and flows for the 2/3 Gangs.

Thanks

Is there a reason why there is no transition option at the group light? The individual lights have this option with the dim feature.

Iā€™m not sure which lights you are talking about, but generally speaking if you set it on the individual lights (ie I have it on the fibaro dinner 2) when the group access the light it should work.

Okay, donā€™t think I fully understand. Iā€™ve got IKEA Tradfrii lights. Got 6 of them bundled together. If I add a single light to my flow I can enter the transition time. It is an option at ā€˜dim toā€™. It cannot be set on an individual light as a property of the light.

Oh, Your using the transition app to add effects to a group and its not working?

Does the transition work for a single globe as it might be an issue with the transition app. . Robert has not updated to 2.0 yet.

could be that he mean the ā€œtag-problemā€ with (for example) transitions? -> Transitions ā€” Flexible time transitions