[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Works for me. Are you sure you selected temperature and not set temperature?

Yes, my netatmo does not have ā€œset temperatureā€. It does show up in the list.
Recreated the group, now it worksā€¦. Strangeā€¦

@Jamie are you interested in logging? (Before I delete the group that causes the error)?

Well thats weird, @jamie is it an athom issue? or a group app issue (so I know where to report):
I created the new group, so next step is to replace the old group in all flows

1. Select the old group and press the flows button to see where it is used
  2. Select a flow to be updated
  3. Remove the old group card from the flow
  4. Add the new group card to the flow ā€¦ā€¦ WHAAAT it does not show!

Okay try it another way

1. Select the flows area
  2. Select that same flow to be updated
  3. Remove the old group card from the flow
  4. Add the new group card to the flow NOW it shows the card

Retried this several times 100% reproducable issue

I managed to create a new card and use the highest value setting :grinning:.

• If I select the device and look in the settings it still shows mean
  • If I select the app and look in configure I do see highest

@Peter_Kawa is this the same for you?

Sorry, the device overhere also says ā€˜highest valueā€™ at the device ā€˜advanced settingsā€™

I do notice you are at a newer (2.5301) version then I am(2.4.401)ā€¦
Is that an experimental? (I do not see updates)

Ah, yes. Thatā€™s a hidden ā€˜trickā€™. If you add /test to the app URL, a testversion appears (if published). You can always return to the live version just by installing the live version again.
Example:
https://homey.app/a/com.swttt.devicegroups/test/

The link ā€œhttps://github.com/hive/com.groups/issuesā€ do not work. GitHub is opened with an error that page could not be found.

Today at a scheduled ā€œturn offā€ of devices in a group one of the devices failed.

Are there any known issues that make sometimes a single device in a group to fail?

This is the appā€™s topic, so the dev Jamie will read your Q most probably.

Donā€™t know the used protocol?
In general, if many devices are switched at once, some may not receive the command. You should add a little delay, say 100ms. This delay is then applied between every individual devicesā€™ on or off command.

Thanks, looking at the changelog nothing is changed to temperature. So it should nor matter.

Functionally its working fine now (using the highest value). Its just not showing that it does now.

Iā€™ll wait till its relseased and then check again

Check. The names ā€˜Testversionā€™ or ā€˜experimentalā€™ is a bit from reality. I use lots of test version apps.
Mostly itā€™s the live app + a few bug fixes / changes / added functionality.
You can help the developer if you run into issues, and you can always revert and install the live version again.

Is it possible to control only light thatā€™s already on? For example, dim all lights from 50% to 1%, but only the one already active?.

Iā€™d like to combine lights that have dim and those that donā€™t. Is it possible?

I agree, but my wife and kids donā€™tā€¦
I use the group for switching an electric heater to keep the attic warm. If it fails they donā€™t like the automation anymoreā€¦

Had an issue 2 weeks ago that my Netatmo lost contact during the day. The value stayed at 20.
That made the average temperature of the group stay high.
So the heater did not switch on.

Guys, anyone would know, why I canā€™t change TILT, when device actually does support it ? Do I miss something ?

obrazek
(you can see both position and tilt)

obrazek
(only position can be adjusted)

Also in group settings, the TILT value is missing / nothing canā€™t be selectedā€¦

obrazek

Thank you.

Hi!

Can i in any way from a Homeyscript fetch details about groups and devices in a group from the ā€œ< groups >ā€-app?

Hey everyone,

Fkey, that looks like a Athom issue rather then an app issue. Iā€™ve also pushed version 2.5 to the live channel (honestly I had forgotten about it).

In regards to some items not always updating (especially in large groups) this is a Homey limitation not an app issue. Iā€™ve attempted to over come it where so the app will actually retry on fail. But best talk to Athom about how it handles sending requests.

@Magnus_Bjelksjo you can use all of the script methods and properties which are available to normal items. (ie. if you can do it with a globe, switch, roller, etc, you can do it with a group).

@Jamie thank you for latest update - can you please also comment on this issue ? Happy to contact Athom if this is Athom issueā€¦

@Jamie Thank you for this app. Using it for a while now.

So last night (Ā±04:30) the app updated and my alarm wenā€™t off :joy:. Iā€™ve got a group with 2 doorsensors in it and the update triggered the group as active.

Is this usual behavior when updating? Because then Iā€™m going to change my flow so that I donā€™t jump out of my bed at night haha. So not a big problem but I was just wondering.

Hi Jamie!

You did not correctly understand my question.

What I am asking is if I somehow with commands in Homeyscript for example the following (the Javascript is not 100% correct but I think you get the idea anyway).

Const GroupApp = Homey.GetApp(ā€˜< group >ā€™);
Const GroupX = GroupApp.GetGroup(ā€˜GroupID_XYZā€™);
Console.Log(ā€˜Group: ā€˜ + GroupX.name);
For (DeviceX of [All devices in GroupX])
Console.Log(ā€˜ Device: ā€˜ + DeviceX.name);

Try this, Magnus
(Thanks to @Koktail & @robertklep )

Homey.devices.getDevices()
.then(f => {
   return Object.values(f).filter((device) => device.driverUri === 'homey:app:com.swttt.devicegroups');
})
.then(devices => console.log(JSON.stringify(devices)));

It returns all device groups, the members and all other related info.

1 Like