[APP][Pro] Gree HVAC app

@aivus thank you for app :slight_smile: Iā€™m using it with Sinclair branded HVAC and it is working.

However, I have one issue (I checked this also in test version) - when HVAC is turned off it is visible in Homey as grayed out (turned off), but in HomeKit it is visible as turned on. Looks like app is not reporting power state? correctly to homekit?

Iā€™m using also homebridge, and same HVAC repored by homebridge shows correct status (unit is turned off in HomeKit).
I checked homebridge code, and there are additional conditionals like: homebridge-gree-air-conditioner/platformAccessory.ts at master Ā· kongkx/homebridge-gree-air-conditioner Ā· GitHub which maybe are missing in your app?

Could any of these additional conditions be what I need to get the current temperature shown correctly (not as Ā«-Ā»), @aivus ?

Any timeline for when we can expect this app for homey beta? I feel like 90%+ of all apps created for pro donā€™t make it over to the beta one :frowning:

Hello @Barkeeper

If you are talking about Homey Bridge and adding support for the app to run it in Homey Cloud then I donā€™t have any plans for it because:

1. Homey Cloud requires buying so-called ā€œHomey Verified Developerā€ subscription which costs 100 EUR. + It supposed only for companies who want to publish their own apps, meaning Homey Bridge is going to support apps only from the companies for now.

2. This app was developed for my own AC and I have no desire to add support of Homey Cloud because I donā€™t need it. But as the app is open sourced, any contributions are welcoming.

1 Like

Hi @Gullars,

From what I saw in your diagnostic reports, AC returns always the same value which is outside of the expected range.

I see only one option for now: Update AC firmware via original EWPA Smart app if it available. It may help.

Hi @n3o,

Thanks for feedback.

I donā€™t have HomeKit so cannot test anything regarding this.
It could be a bug in Homey which sends something wrong to HomeKit. Unfortunately I cannot help here now.

Hi. Itā€™s strange, because my AC is able to show current temperature on the physical deviceā€¦ My firmware is updated to the last version.

Thanks for explaining! They never explained the marketing model of the bridge as being so to end-users. I feel ripped off and will never advice the product to anyone ever anymore. Every single product i own doesnā€™t have anything in the store, it says: pro only on everything. I canā€™t believe they released this product into the public. Shame on them!!

Hello!
Would really like to be able to activate quite mode via card.

Hello

Kaisai One+ hvac add maybe?

Thank you

Does it work with this app?

Unfortunately itā€™s not implemented yet in the app.
I have a ticket, but have no time to work on it.

No not see the AC

Hi,

should the Gree Homey app also work with airco units of Vaillant?

I also have the EWPE smart app and the GREE+ app, and in both apps I see my Vaillant airco units.

But in de GREE app on Homey, they are not detected :frowning:

Hi Aivus,
I have 2 Gree air conditioners (types: GWH18ACDXF and GWH12ACC) one of them is working great (GWH18ACDXF), but the second one (GWH12ACC) cannot be integrated to Homey, the app says: No new devices have been found.
Both systems are using the same Wifi SSID, and integrated into the Ewpe Smart application.
Do you know what can be the reason? Thanks for your help!

Hey @Csaba_Nagy

I saw youā€™ve created an issue on GitHub. Letā€™s continue there.

Then why do you think it should be added? Does it uses Ewpe Smart app to control it from the phone?

Hi
I use gree hvac gree+ app the kaisai nethome plus app. The two app is very same ( I dont know who copied from whom:) ) I thought the basic software was the same.
Sorry

Hi, I am 7 Alpic air ACā€™s that are connected to Homey via Gree App. Now 3 devices went offline. When I click on them they try to reconnect and I get the same error message. All the devices can be reached via EWPE app, but not Homey. Whatā€™s the fix? Diagnostics code 2199FE

I have the same problem for my two gree (tosot) acā€™s, every few minutes they disconnect with homey and then out of te blue are connected again. This is since the beginning (1 year ago) but i tough it had to do with my wifi, now i upgraded my complete network and the problem is still present. Does someone on this forum maybe know what is happeningšŸ˜