[APP][Pro] Google Services - App for Translate and new Text-to-Speech for any device with url input

In case you weren’t aware of this:
Support links are almost always provided for at the app’s pages @ homey.app
Just scroll past the reviews section :wink:
Not always you can also find “Issues, report an issue” links there as well.
For Arie’s apps it is provided for.

1 Like

Well, yes, but it’s the same like finding the link to another thread :wink: It’s about consistency…

1 Like

Maybe it’s a language thing, but I don’t get what you’re pointing at :hugs::crazy_face:

1 Like

Peter… :upside_down_face: it’s just about when we are discussing here, on forum, you don’t want to open App store to find link to the support pages, to open Bitbucket to submit issue. You simply want to scroll up and click, that’s it :wink:

But anyway, seems not to many people are opening issues, so it’s really not a big deal.

1 Like

Maybe back to the topic - on the pause and Chromecast “ding” notification for TTS - I tried several settings and not sure how to get rid of it, any working setting from anyone ? I setup Prefix in the TTS Device setting, I tried setting volume to 0% and then back to “silence” notification sound but that’s not the way to do that, or ?

obrazek

Peter I wonder what you are typing so long :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah now I get it, thanks.
It’s just a system, I don’t know better as support links (forum, github, brand website, email, bitbucket) are to be found with the app download page.
Probably because it is coded into the app itself.

But also, one can improve things, but providing support links into the OP would be a manual task, and probably gets forgotten.

Another thing, I’m under the impression few users know the existence of the OP, quite important, and handy app howto’s and FAQ’s and stuff.

When I started with Homey, I noticed how all Athom and Homey related info is splattered over many sites, without a central start/navigation page. It’s getting better, but still somewhat of a puzzle :grin:

English is not my “mother tongue”, and I’m a “only one index finger” mobile keyboard idiot :beers::woozy_face::rofl:

2 Likes

Any experience/tip on this ? Anyone ?

Hi @Sharkys you mentioned the ‘ding’ is is the same as this posting: Looking for a Z-wave 230v chime / siren with mp3/custom sounds options (NL/EU) - #10 by Shiki

1 Like

Thank you, thats how I do it today but I thought there is some other way around and also seems it somehow do not work with Google services? Maybe it’s matter of timing but I meant rather solution within Google services

I believe it was designed to be like that in the google services, I’ve read some other forum don’t find a better solution :frowning:

The point is that I’m trying to use something like this (also tried MUTE) and while with Google TTS this worked, somehow it does not with Google Services… maybe more tuning is required, not sure.

And when you mute, you still hear a Ding?
And if you mute it 1 sec before casting the sound?
In the GS device settings you can add a delay in front of the file/speech.
The Ding itself cannot be disabled by GS im afraid, it’s how the Google device work themself.

1 Like

Hi, I’m experimenting with this app, and I’ve noticed that when something is played on Chromecast Audio or Google Nest Hub 2, and TTS will be triggered, music stops and after TTS message music is not played again.

Is there a way to resume previously played music on the speaker after TTS message?

Hi Arie,
I use your app for the TTS part and that works great. I use Smart Presence and that work great as well. I would like to be able to play YouTube Music on one of my Google Nest Audio speakers when I enter my house. Can that be doen with your app?? I’ve been playing with the YouTube device in your app but I could not figure out what to do with it.
Cheers,
Wim

Can we link other TTS services in similar manner? The Google TTS is not always accurate and mostly I want to utilize the vast voice library of other text to speech online services, the accents are far better and the voices are more natural too in those. Hoping there’s a similar way to connect those software instead…

Hey! Thank you for this app. I am trying to figure out how to send a small chunk of text to homey from a small script i`ve made. The goal is to get this app to read the text every morning.

Does anyone know the easiest way to send text to homey? I thought it may be possible with webhook and json, but id appreciate some tips! And sorry if this has been asked about earlier, but i couldn find it when i searched and looked earlier.

Send the desired text in a webhook to homey. When the webhook is received by Homey pick up the text from the webhook, put it in another tag and use this as the tts source.

1 Like

Do you mean a HomeyScript? Or a remote script?

Hi Arie,

Just set up everything and the good news is: it works!
I have set up the 2 flows and the text is playing on my Sonos.
But for some reason it keeps repeating the text over and over again. Until I delete the TTS device.

Do I have to add an extra card to stop playing the URL?

Eric

I didn`t get it to work earlier. Thought maybe my text was too long. But now it works. Thank you so much!

1 Like