[APP][Pro] Google Services - App for Translate and new Text-to-Speech for any device with url input

Are we still speaking about Google Translate, right. I think there is no non-cloud version, or?

Sorry, my bad.

Iā€™ll check out the languages later.
But can you pick a Google STT Voice in the app settings?
(Just wanna make sure that works).
Or do you not have that configured?
(Because then i know where i could perhaps find the bug).

Nvm, i also get an error.
Im looking into it.

1 Like

Well, the error says no:
Invalid resource name project id. Identifier must contain only lowercase letters, digits, periods, a colon, or hyphens.
Sorry, i didnā€™t know about that :wink:

So Google allows you to use anything but it ā€œjustā€ donā€™t work. Lowercase letters, I wasnā€™t expected that!
Anyway, I went to IAM & Admin - Settings - changed the project name
obrazek
changed as well in the app itself :
obrazek

restarted app
re-added Google translate deviceā€¦
ā€¦fixed the flow and still getting the same error.

Also the list of languages is still limited to only few.

Also not sure if it helps, but list of voices, I can select in the app settings, is extensive - like maybe 200 or so. Assuming JSON and access rights, at least for TTS, are correct.

Because for TTS you select a voice, not a language.
But i am create a new flowcard with dynamic languages, hold on :wink:

Also, the error will be written in the flowcard error, so you can see what is wrong.

1 Like

Sure, I mean I get the list of voices from Google-cloud, I was assuming itā€™s the same for languages for translator, it is not ? Probably as they load quickly, maybe those are the default, right.

I was thinking you have used the same logic, because with that it would be the most universal translator ever.

No itā€™s just not the same: TTS uses Voices, not languages. You have multiple voices per language and more languages than Translate.

But i build Translate with the (then) languages Homey supported.
I am now making it dynamic by loading the supported Translation languages into a new flowcard with autocomplete.

1 Like

I mean ā€œlogicā€ -of dynamically loading available voices so dynamically available languages for translator :wink:
So it will load - Idiomas admitidos  |  Cloud Translation  |  Google Cloud , right ?
Sorry for keeping asking, just to ensure you follow the use case. :wink:
Anyway, I wondered why nobody yet asked for it, because with that list of languages, that is then something, mainly if you have some data feeds and some family members prefers their mother language over any other.

Yes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sharkys
Okay, here you go, install the test version:

I have deprecated both old Translate flowcards and created two new flowcards, which look just the same, but the now have an autocomplete with lists of all languages.

Also, if there is an error, you will either get an error in the Homey Timeline and/or in the flowcard when you select languages or run the card.

Let me know how it goes!

As before, Source and Target language are optional and can be configured to defaults in the Device Settings. Only, there the languages are still the ā€œoldā€ options.
But if you always translate from a certain language, just configure it in the Device Settings and you can leave it empty in the flowcards if you want.

1 Like

Arie I just get the default ones, even when re-adding device.
obrazek

Btw, standard flows donā€™t have the flow with ability to change/choose language.

obrazek

vs standard

obrazek

And finally, when trying to select language, Iā€™m getting

obrazek

I hope itā€™s not error on my sideā€¦ I sent also diag. code but not sure you see there anything.

Yes, the Device settings i cannot make dynamic, those (currently) only have the default Homey languages.

Iā€™ll add it.

Show the projectname configured in the app settings?
Perhaps it takes a moment to change it in Google?
You need the Project ID.

Okay, i see that you should use the projectID, not the projectname.
Perhaps itā€™s different for you?

2 Likes

@Sharkys

I have this:

And in the App Settings, i have the projectID, thus, lowercase homeyman:

Update to test for the correct App Settings text and the updated default flowcard.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine now standard flows having languages selectable.

Ou, but you changed that, right ? I see it was Projectname :slight_smile:

obrazek

Nevermind, fixed (itā€™s completely different for me) and ā€¦
obrazek

IT WORKS ! THANK YOU !

PS : You said you will have Homey Tuesday, not Monday :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, i am waiting for my remote session with a customer to get acces to the right system.
So in the meanwhile i am picking up some Homey stuff.

1 Like

Just hope they will keep you waiting longer :wink: (just kidding).

Anyway, can you please also make AND cards dynamic ? Just testing some use-cases and finding those on the wayā€¦

obrazek

1 Like

@Sharkys
Yeah, but didnā€™t have any more time. Do you mind creating a ticket? Thanks!

1 Like

Sure, done. Can you please add this to the OP ? Itā€™s just even I, when I know where to submit it, have to search for it :wink: Thank you.

Please report issues or feature requests at [QlusterIT / * nl.qluster-it.GoogleServices / issues ā€” Bitbucket ]QlusterIT / nl.qluster-it.GoogleServices / issues ā€” Bitbucket).

1 Like