[APP][Pro] Google Services - App for Translate and new Text-to-Speech for any device with url input

I think i found out what you mean with bll. I already had better logic, but not the rebrand better logic rebrand. I only saw it a few minutes ago. I think it’s working again. Thanks Arie.

I can’t find out if this update solves the start error? Cause i already installed bll

Well, no i think not :wink:

But thanks for the answer, the solution lays in it.

I have extensivly tested GS without BLL and with BLL installed and/or running.
But what i don’t have tried, is what happens if you have the old BL version installed.

Because everythink will work as expected upto a point: the decode API is not available.

So, i now know how to simulate this issue. Thanks!

Now ill go solve it fast and push it through before to many people have GS updated.

Version 1.9.27 is live

And solves startup issues when Better logic is installed, but the old version (before BLL).

Great @Pieter_Pessers , that means that you can now use this f.i. in your speech:
Hallo daar, vandag is het {[date("dddd d MMMM yyyy")]}
(No, “vandag” is not misspelled).

Play this with af-ZA-Standard-A (FEMALE) and it sound lovely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That sounds perfect. I will try this out soon.

1 Like

I have managed to install this app and have one of my SONOS speakers say the text outloud. So far, so good.

Right now, I have added one “Google TTS”, so every URL that is generated is being spoken outloud on one SONOS speaker (Werkkamer).

Am I correct that I need to install a “Google TTS” for each room where I would like to send a TTS message to?

Well, if you want to be able to use speech in each room separately, then yes, you can best create a tts device per output/speaker/zone.

1 Like

Google Services has just been updated to work with the White HPs and the HP2023 again.

4 Likes

Since yesterday the app has stopped working for me.
It still works for Sonos speakers, but it no longer works for various chromecast devices.
Even made a new Json file but unfortunately this did not help. When I look at settings I can select a different voice so the json seems to be good.

it seems that google has changed something in the cast function, casting a radio station no longer works here either.

Yeah, if sonos works, it means the Google Service app and the build-in webserver is running correctly, so i am assuming the casting issue has nothing to do with the GS app.

1 Like

Of course that could be possible. However, that would not fully explain to me why it still works on the old Homey

I tried to repair one Google Cloud TTS device today and got the following error: “socket.on is not a function”. I tried to restart the app and create a new Google Coud TTS device, but both don’t solve the problem.

Here is the diagnostic report code: 3bd920b2-7b71-430f-824d-ca40426838c2

1 Like

No, not a know error, so ill look into it.

1 Like

Trying to setup and use Cloud Translate - I guess now called on Google " Cloud Translation API" and seems the list of languages I’m getting is very limited. Official list seems to be Suporte ao idioma  |  Cloud Translation  |  Google Cloud, while I see only :
obrazek
+SE and NO

Anything I’m missing here ?

Also even I have setup JSON, generated fresh key, I’m getting :
obrazek

While I see it generates traffic ?

I just sent diag. report, if it helps.

And you also entered the projectname?

I would say so…

Homey setting
obrazek

Google CLoud
obrazek

Google API stat - just attempted translation

I intentionally changed the project name to something else - same error and not increased Count on API calls on Google side. Assuming my project name is correct.

Also renamed project to remove space in name - the same.

Can you create a ticket?
Tuesday i have my next homey day :wink:

1 Like

Can you select a default voice in the App Settings?

This looks like the Non-Cloud flowcards.
In Cloud flowcards, you pick a voice, not a language.