[APP][Pro] go-e Charger

New update (live: 2.5.6)

Changes include

• FIX: Increase “measure_temperature” capabilities max value to 70C.

@Patronick , test version has a fix to the max value for temperature. You can install test version, or wait for Athom to approve the new version to live version.

1 Like

Thanks for a great job! Can’t imagine how long takes Athom to improve a new version if we speakabout hours,days, weeks… so I will see… than youso much and have a great day!

Hi,
ist this app only compatible with go-e or also with Fronius Wattpilot charger (that seems to be identical)?

I wonder, if the API is similar, maybe.

If the Fronius mobile app is near the go-e app, then you could try:
enable API v2 from “Advanced Settings” and try to go to http://IPADDRESS/api/status and PM the output to me, if anything.

If there is API v1 only, then try http://IPADDRESS/status

If that results in an error, then Fronius has their own firmware with different API and are not compatible with go-e App.

1 Like

Thanks. I get the charger next days hopefully and will try and give you a feedback.

As far as the charging station is concerned, the hardware is the same between Fronius and Go-e (Fronius simply re-brands Go-e stations), but not the software. Actually, several years ago when Fronis released this charging station, it simultaneously released the Fronius smartmeter, which communicates directly with the station and enables electric vehicles to be charged using excess power. If that’s what you want to do, you might as well buy a Fronius smartmeter that communicates perfectly with the Fronius charger. Connecting your charger to Homey would be of little use because if you only want to start or stop a charge manually or with simple programming, the Fronius app will do that just fine.
The problem is that the Go-e chargers also came out several years ago, but the compatible smartmeter only came out a few weeks ago. But as Go-e’s policy was to open up its system completely (unlike Fronius, which does everything it can to keep its ecosystem closed…), it became very interesting to have an app compatible with the Go-e charger, in order to programme charging using excess power, as I’ve done here, for example.
That’s it, I think it was important to give this little background to understand the very different policies of the two companies, and why it’s very useful to have an app for the Go-e charger and not necessarily for the Fronius charger for those who already have a Fronius smartmeter. Once again, many thanks to Tapio Heiskanen for this excellent app.

1 Like

I have Fronius ecosystem (Gen24 inverter, BYD battery) and the charger is coming (even without having a car now, but that will be the next :-)).
I hope Fronius is doing all right automatically (surplus loading) but I would love to change settings via Homey. So I checked what could be compatible.
I’ll check this out when all is installed :+1:

The wallbox returns only “Nothing matches the given URI” pn both URLs.

But reading this thread it should be really similar to go-e

Just fyi

Could try what http://<IPaddress>/wp returns?

But what I see, the Wattpilot is ondeed slightly drifferent, I.e. Would be a new device type. It might be best to implement this as it’s own app.

No result on this URL, too. But thanks for taking a look at it.

I also think a new apps would be best.
First I try the HA integration. With my HA community app I can get all entities easily into Homey. And perhaps if I have too much free time I can create a Homey app :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @OH2TH

I have a problem with the condition card “charging”. I have couple of times noticed that all the sudden it doesn’t work. It doesn’t happen often but sometimes. The go-e charging device shows that the charging is active, but the condition card doesn’t go through. Also the status page of the go-e charger shows that the value of the car connection “car” is 2, which means it’s charging.

Diagnostic report
e04c3713-3fe6-4d4a-b71a-1b35baec99c1

v2 go-e charger
Homey version 8.1.6
Go-e app version 2.5.7

EDIT:
After I stopped the charging and started again the condition card started working.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I will have a look at this, however now I’m on vacation and travelling so when I return in August.

@peltsi51 , When that happens again, please check they Homey GUI for your device from state screen what state the app thinks :

The condition card should respect the state from there.

The logic for that status is:

No car connected

• set is_connected = false
  • set is_charging = false

Car charging

• set is_connected = true
  • set is_charging = true

Waiting for auth

Car stopped charging

1 Like

It was saying “Charging” in that screen.

Back from summer things and time to continue here. @peltsi51, could you shere a sample of the flow where you use the condition “charging”, so that I can setup a test scenario here.

Here is one flow where I use it. Nevertheless the condition card didn’t work in any simpler flow either.

I had the problem multiple times during the summer, but lately (about two weeks) I haven’t noticed it anymore. Don’t know what could be changed or is it a coincident.

Like I said before the http status page of the charger did show the correct state and also the homey go-e charger device showed the correct state, but the condition card didn’t.

Might be hard to debug, but good luck.

Wow, quite complex :slight_smile:

I have a test flow now running logging everything to a google sheet.

Hopefully I will be able to find the issue.

From the past what I have experienced with the builtin Date & Time trigger cards, that in some unknown conditions they might not trigger. This was on a HP2019, now however my primary is HP2023 so there may be a difference there also.

1 Like

So far all of the tests are working as expected and have not had a state difference between the device and the app. So for now, I can not reproduce @peltsi51 your problem. Let’s keep an eye on this.
It may just be that some of the scheduled queries every 5 or 10 seconds fail. Could you add to your flow a notification to the condition card (the red line) to catch that error and log it for you.
Then again your debug report did not show such issues.

Authentication and Allow Charging

While investigating @peltsi51 issue, I stumbled on an other issue related to how authentication in V3 and V4 related API works.

If you are using authentication either by the mobile app (anonymous auth) or RFIDs and you have security settings set to wait for authentication, non of the allow charging actions will work until someone authenticates.

I’m working on a new feature to support authentication When authentication is required, allow_charging will not change state · Issue #17 · oh2th/com.go-e.charger · GitHub

However, if you need allow charging to work, there are two ways:

• make sure you authenticate, when you plug in your car, so that your flows will work.
  • or disable the security feature in the device settings in the mobile app, anyone who plugs in can charge.

I’m surprised that no one has reported this yet.

Question to go-eCharger V3 and V4 users.

1. Should the Homey go-eCharger app automatically authenticate the anonymous user when Allow Charging is set to true either by a flow or from the UI?

Or

1. Would it be better to add a new flow card to authenticate the anonymous user (and later a specific RFID tag user). This could be a UI action also as a list type picker.

The latter is a little bit more work, however it would bring the RFID tag support slightly closed.

I can imagine that the majority of Go-e Charger users are private users who make purely private use of the charging stations, and therefore don’t use the authentication functions. That’s probably why no problems have been reported to date. Personally, I don’t use the authentication functions, and I must confess that I didn’t fully understand your question. I’m only speaking for myself here of course, but I’m interested that whatever changes are made, everything continues to work as before for users who don’t use the authentication function :wink:

1 Like

The condition card works properly (no error message), but it gives that the the car is not charging, although the car is actually charging and the Homey device also shows charging.

It’s now again happening. Do you want me to check something? Here are some pictures and the status page of the charger.

{"version":"B","tme":"1309230715","rbc":"126","rbt":"1742132960","car":"2","amp":"6","err":"0","ast":"0","alw":"1","stp":"0","cbl":"20","pha":"63","tmp":"28","dws":"3835802","dwo":"0","adi":"0","uby":"0","eto":"91832","wst":"3","txi":"0","nrg":[217,217,219,1,60,60,59,13,13,13,0,397,100,100,100,13],"fwv":"041.0","sse":"007232","wss":"********","wke":"************","wen":"1","cdi":"0","tof":"0","tds":"1","lbr":"153","aho":"0","afi":"0","azo":"0","ama":"16","al1":"6","al2":"7","al3":"8","al4":"10","al5":"16","cid":"255","cch":"65535","cfi":"15132337","lse":"1","ust":"0","wak":"f1e974a8f8","r1x":"2","dto":"0","nmo":"0","sch":"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA","sdp":"0","eca":"0","ecr":"0","ecd":"0","ec4":"0","ec5":"0","ec6":"0","ec7":"0","ec8":"0","ec9":"0","ec1":"0","rca":"","rcr":"","rcd":"","rc4":"","rc5":"","rc6":"","rc7":"","rc8":"","rc9":"","rc1":"","rna":"","rnm":"","rne":"","rn4":"","rn5":"","rn6":"","rn7":"","rn8":"","rn9":"","rn1":"","loe":0,"lot":25,"lom":0,"lop":1,"log":"CSCBWLRI","lon":0,"lof":6,"loa":0,"lch":0,"mce":0,"mcs":"test.mosquitto.org","mcp":1883,"mcu":"","mck":"","mcc":0}