[APP][Pro] Flow Checker

@martijnpoppen

My first findings: In the flows that are reported by Flowchecker, what is common is the use of variables from a ‘created device’ with Device Capabilities. These variables are al there, the devices haven’t changed. Most of the values though, begin with a capital (fe ‘Ja’ in stead of ‘ja’). Can that be seen as ‘broken’?

Just to rule this one out.

(The value is set by ‘Then’ card of the Device Capability app.)

@Michel_Bos no that cant be it.
Most of the time it’s that the device is missing or something change in the device and thats why the variable is gone/broken.

As your mentioning the device capabilities app it might be that variables are changing. I don’t know how the device capabilities app works. but what you can try is to make a flow and run this card:

maybe that resolves it self again

2 Likes

@martijnpoppen Thx Martijn. I have tried it and it worked!

For 2 of the reported issues I have found that the battery of the device was no longer working (although not reported as such). So that would imply the device is not there. :slight_smile:

For other flows I had some old variables, that I had replaced by Virtual devices.

Your then “Update” suggestion, as mentioned above, helped chgecking if my actions were already enough!

(Apologies for maybe polluting this topic a bit, however, it might be helpfull for others too.)

Thanks a lot @martijnpoppen !

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen Q: I have solved the broken flows reported in the app. After that I had to restart Homey (this is another issue, Homey/Google connection) and 17 (!) flows were reported with a Broken Variable (on my timeline).

However, in the app, @configuration, no flows were reported with Broken Variables.

Can you explain this? Thanks upfront! Michel

I also get quite some errors from flowchecker after a reboot. I assume this is because flowchecker starts to run before everything is avaliable. Therefore I have disabled the setting that flowchecker should run immediately after startup and only kept the interval

2 Likes

@Michel_Bos exactly what @josserke84 said: disable the flow check on startup;

1 Like

Martijn,

I have the same problem as shown above.
However I have both automatic flow checker after startup turned off and automatic flows checker in the configurations of the app.

I work with a flow which starts the flows checker every 30 minutes, strange is that I do not get all these notifications every 30 minutes.
I also only get notifications (see first picture) of the variables that are supposedly broken, however, they just work and none of them is broken. If I do a 2nd run after the notifications via the start button then everything is fine again.

2nd thing I find strange, is that flow checker sees 3 broken (not advanced) flows which just work. even after rebuilding the flow and checking and replacing the variables it indicates that the flow is broken, but when using or starting the flow there is nothing wrong.

Knipsel4

Hope you can help with this. thanks in advance

@Robin_De_Lange maybe a app which is restarting and thats why they are broken?
If flowchecker gives false positives it’s most of the time a app or device which is crashing/restarting.

For the other variables which are broken, what kind of variables are those?

aah okay, thank you I’ll take a look at that maybe.

those 3 flows are broken

@Robin_De_Lange i can’t see what type of variables you used :wink:
Are those device vairables, app variables, Homey variables, Flow Utilities, Better Logic, Device capabilities… etc :stuck_out_tongue:

haha ohh sorry, 2 device and 1 app variables if im right.

2 both from robbshop button devices and 1 from shelly update flowcart

That is strange.
Do you also have the interval enabled in the app settings?
The update broken flows and variables flowcard is quite heavy.

If simultaneously also another check is running it might cause issues.

no have not, when I intentionally broke up a flow, I think it was often not seen with the intere check

Hi @martijnpoppen ,
I have also something similiar, I get several notifications about flows with broken variables.
Common of all the flows is that they are using the same variable.

I checked all the flows, but the variable looks good for me. I re-added now all variables again.
The only thing I can think of is that I changed the name of the device.

The temperature sensor is working, and battery is not empty. And the flows are also working as expected.

Any idea what needs to be changed to remove the notifications of broken variables?

@Warmduscher no idea, I can’t look into your Homey :wink:
please send a report

upps, sorry, forgot to add. :slight_smile:
I created a report: 32019044-2ca0-4fa6-8f57-59f56559c69d

@Warmduscher hmm you have a Hp23. so the log is only 100 lines. There’s literally nothing interesting to see there.

Yes it´s a HP23.
Are the 100 lines related to HP23, can I provide more info?

@Warmduscher yes that’s HP23 related :frowning:
you can try to run the app via cli. Then it will show you everything.

uiuiui… command prompt :crazy_face:
Thanks for the hint, I´ll have a look to cli.

1 Like