Search functionality in flows and logica variables

Hi all,

Before anyone is concerned I have missed that Athom is not reading this forum and that I should open a feature request, I already opened a feature request a couple of months ago.

I am just wondering if some of you users also experience not having a search functionality in the v2 app as a missing feature in the flow and logica sections?

Are you missing it as a feature, please elaborate?
Are you not missing it as a feature, please elaborate?

3 Likes

I sure think it could help.

Yes. I totally agree.

Hi @jeroenvano, i’ve move this thread to the ideas and suggestion forum, which I think fits better than the ‘apps’.

@jeroenvano, Yes i really want that feature.

Currently i’am using the realtime Homey logger from @Erik (Erik van Dongen) for that purpose (https://github.com/irritanterik/homey-realtime-logpage). But the issue with that is that the bearer token is changing really often

Sure, that would be a helpful feature.

I am searching for a flow that I know that I have created and exist, but am unable to find it after a few months wanting to fine tune it … Happens on a weekly base now :worried:

This will also happen to you when you go beyond >500 flows if you accept that search functionality is not needed in the Homey app!

Searching for some community support here to also notify Athom that we need this feature desperately!

+1

I’m redesigning my flows. This brings me to this thread. I’m searching all my flows where-in a specific logic variable is used. Without the search function i think the only way is to open all flows manually seeking for that specific item.

Have you heard anything about this feature request? It would be very useful to have a search bar at the top of the flows list in the app (just like in the settings screen in iOS).

+1

We are 4 years later :sweat_smile:

I’ve used a variable in about 20% of 300 flows and I want to change it.
Anybody?

Yeah @Rrrr , @W_vd_P , @Heronimus , @jeroenvano , @AVP

The Device Capabilities App has a search flowcard:

You can search Devices, Apps, Variables and zones in (advances) flows and you will get a list of Flows back with there names and where the cards/tokens are locaties (action, condition and/or trigger).
You can search for specific names, id’s or array of names/id’s etc.
It searches for devices cards, flowcards, tokens used, etc.

I use this flowcard to find and replace anything needed!
And afaik, it works perfectly :slight_smile:

It’s based on my script:

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you.

I sent it to the Timeline and voila!

Just perhaps a small correction on the last part according to the json viewer:
[{“id”: … :true,“actions”:true}]}]

Parse error on line 1:
…rue,“actions”:true}]}]
-----------------------^
Expecting ‘EOF’, got ‘}’

I guessed it should be
[{“id”: … :true,“actions”:true}]

but it is my first time using this, so I could very well misunderstand :thinking:

This seems correct, since actions is within another array.
What you can do is, just run it in the floweditor en select the text from the result.

I work in javascript objects and parse the result with JSON.stringify.
So, there is little change the JSON would be incorrect, tbh.

Or turn it into an .csv:

Or create an Excel file, but you would need an FTP server or something to store that file, since you cannot open it in the floweditor.

Thanks!