[APP][Pro] Flow Checker

Hey @PV2134
Hmm I think this might be possible.

• does the device show a red triangle when it’s unresponsive?

Flowchecker is not able to intercept flow results. it’s all based on availlability.
There was already a request to include failed flows. This is probably possible to implement.

That would be a step closer to the request I think?
Then you would be able to get a notifications if a flow failed running.

1 Like

Well, normally I would say yes and I’ve seen this several times, but testing just now learned that devices may report unreachable in the development area, but actually still are responsive.

Refreshing (development) page cache does not change this result, the device is reporting as expected.

I also send my comments and request to the support desk of Athom. I understand that tags holding the action result should be programmed in the action itself (this may be a challenge for other app developers as well). However, I have noticed that a flow continues to work even though some actions cannot be processed. Do you mean that you can capture the action results included in a flow? Or that a flow cannot be processed because it has ‘broken’ actions?

Peter

1 Like

@PV2134
That only works when the flow “crashes”.
I have to investigate if it is possible to check if a single card fails. For now it seems only possible to check if a flow failed to run.

New app update (live: 1.16.6.):

1. FIX: false positives due to error in check

3 Likes

Hi Martijn,
April 22nd I installed firmware v7.4.0-rc22
The memory usage of Flow Checker increases.
The app was auto updated to v1.16.6, 2 days ago.
I didn’t change anything in the settings for a long time.

I wanted to send a diagnostic report, but I got this error message.

1 Like

Hey @Peter_Kawa

Thanks for reporting,
This is not known to me yet.

Can you try to restart the app and send a log again after c.a. 10 min?

I’ll check with Athom for this error message. Never saw this :man_shrugging:

YW, Martijn.
It seems the report exceeds the file size limits set by Athom.
I didn’t see this error msg either yet.

Did you get any message at all?
I assume not b/c it did not return a diag ID.

Check, now it worked
1648995a-93cb-4cfb-ab0d-cdb9c2481e5e

Thanks in advance, Martijn

1 Like

Yeah as expected… Nothing to see

Can you spam the ‘Check flows’ FlowCard a bit? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, bummer.
I just sent a diag again

Now the diag is just a portion of the complete logs.
As it always is…

No issues reported as well.

Looks like that maybe the log didn’t clear and that’s why the memory was building up…

Can you monitor it a bit?

Thanks, I will keep an eye on the memory graph!

Edit:
It’s not getting better… It was possible to send a diag though.

No clue if related, but the Trash Reminder app got memory- and crash issues with v7.4.0-rc.
With Node.js v16 the way to get the local time has changed and that pretty much fucked up his app (if I got that right).

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa

Did get the diagnostic report. But it is mega. So I Will make a update to log less. Seems like 7.4.0 is not sending a small portion of the logs.

If you can send a new report today we can check if it is the same as you did a Homey restart.

Hi Martijn, I tried to send it, but now a 413 error pops up again…
The reboot helped, the memory useage is back to the usual level:

Hi Martijn,

found broken flows which weren’t been reported recently as broken…

obrazek

Diag : 447979c8-e8d1-4a84-9b3e-45e602e84a02

Hey @Sharkys
I think that’s because of the name change in the token. Don’t think flowchecker can handle that yet

No problem :wink: When I launch it manually, I get : “flowtoken_not_found” - so going to fix it, thx .
(Are you sleeping sometimes ? :wink: )

1 Like

Ehh sleeping? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sleeping is overrated :joy:

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen, after updating my Homey on firmware v7.4.1-rc.2, the FlowChecker app marked 20 flows as BROKEN which wasn’t broken with firmware v7.4.0-rc.22. These flows are obviously not damaged either. Should I send a diagnostic report and or should I post an example flow?

@martijnpoppen as you are not so busy last days ;-)))) …just an idea. Would it be hard to implement kind of “flow is not broken anymore” event ? Eg. to catch situations where app crashes or get updated and introduced breaking change… I know it’s possible still to check which flow is still broken in the app but this is idea to “I fixed problem, let’s wait for next Flowchecker run/update that all is fine” .

Is just an idea, if nobody else needs it, don’t even consider it.