[APP][Pro] Flow Checker

@dzt you can always try a manual update with the flowchecker flowcard

Yeah :grinning:
No biggie, though, Iā€™ve had a quick look.
It was more of a surprise effect in the morning, that got me thinking now there goes Saturday morningā€¦ :grinning:

@Sharkys
And an hour later version 2.0.9.

1 Like

Hi All,

I have installed latest version of Flow Checker, but have an issue with false negatives,. In the App it says that I have 42 broken Flows, but when I go into each of the listed flows that according to Flow Checker should be broken, none of them has any issues.

Does someone have an idea what could be wrong and how to fix?

Best Regards
Stig :slight_smile:

Hey @Stig_Kolbaek
You can send me a diagnostic report and share a couple of flows. So I can check what goes wrong

Thank you Martijn,

Diagnostic report id is C75938 ā€¦ and here is some of the 42 flows it says are broken :slight_smile:

If you need more flows, just say so :wink:

Think you sent an report to Athom.
To send a report to me:

In the mobile Homey app:

More - apps - Flow Checker - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

Sorry for the confussion, here is the real one :smiley:

5c85f011-d6e0-42ea-b021-3e109896b2ca

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.16.6.):

1. FIX: false positives due to error in check

@Stig_Kolbaek should be fixed. You can install the test version by clicking above link and click the green install button

@DirkG @Sharkys would you mind checking above update? :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far so good, actually canā€™t observer difference. :wink:

@Sharkys no difference is good :smiley:

1 Like

After this update I suddenly had two broken variables in Flows from App Buienradar. It is strange that it is broke. Variables still exist in the app so I had to add it again in the flow card. And now it works again.
Why makes it broken variabelen ?
That wouldnā€™t be the purpose of this app, would it? other than that itā€™s a good appšŸ˜„

Hey @HuisCHovens can you see in your timeline after which app version you got the alert?

Itā€™s not the purpose of the app but as youā€™re using the experimental version it always can happen that something misbehaves.

If you dont want to use the experimental version.
You can get the stable version here: Flow Checker App for Homey | Homey

@HuisCHovens next to that. Flowchecker doesnā€™t do anything with variables. It only shows them as broken (if they are)
So it might be that the latest fix actually pointed out broken variables :wink:

1 Like

i also use experiment app 1.16.6 to try things out. but sometimes things go wrong. but maybe itā€™s not wrong and your app has found even more broken variables and flows. I donā€™t know if it was already broken before this because that flow is mainly used in the summer.

1 Like

Awsome @martijnpoppen :clap: ā€¦ have just installed, and will check during the day tomorrow

1 Like

Sorry for late reply!
Everything looks fine for me, also the variables I use as ā€œvalue storageā€ (see post #333).

And congrats for the Homey Developer Award! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for checking @DirkG

And thanks a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

@Stig_Kolbaek Were you able to test it?

Hi Martijn,

Awesome app, and I was curious if the request below is a possible feature for one of the next versions.
It involves an issue already addressed earlier in Flows that fail and referring to a reply of @robertklep it may be a pretty low level solution. I experience the same with Z-Wave devices (currently 60 installed) that irregularly are in some kind of unresponsive state, or just give an error when a command is send to the device manually or in a flow. The Homey devices screens and flow screens (when testing a flow) provide results of these commands, but unsupervised flows do not. I already send a feature request to Athom, but I also wonder if this may be included in this app. For example, create flow cards showing tags involving:

• The name of the previous action;
  • The result of the previous action (OK/ERROR/ā€¦);
  • The literal message received by Homey from the device.
    It is to prevent that a flow is broken due to an unresponsive device, but not detected in time or not detected at all.

Keep up the good work! Hope to receive your thoughts on this.

Peter

2 Likes