[APP][Pro] Flow Checker

Will push it to live :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW Iā€™m impressed Martijn. With the actual extension, and with the speed you create it!
It seems to work very well, and thanks for the tab overview.
:pray::ok_hand::white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Hi @martijnpoppen, I have some more suggestions for the Flow Checker app.

• Number, how often a flow was triggered (see screenshot)
    Reason:
    ā€“ Optimization of a flow from e.g. ā€œThe temperature has changedā€ to ā€œThe temperature will be more/less thanā€¦ā€. Maybe the number of triggers can be reduced and thus at the same time the load off Homey.
    ā€“ If a flow never has been triggered: Why has the flow never been triggered? Is the flow faulty?
    Trigger

• Which ā€œThis flow was startedā€ flow was started by which flow. So the link between two flows (Start a flow ā†’ This flow was started).
    Reason: Overview of which flows are interdependent ā†’ better debugging

• Name check of linked flows
    Reason: It is possible to change the name of a ā€œThis flow was startedā€ flow. However, the changed name will not be updated in the flow with the ā€œStart a flowā€ action card. This can be confusing sometime.

5 Likes

New app update (live: 1.14.0.):

• NEW: add folder filter (excluded from flowcheck)
  • NEW: improved settings page

Reference: [APP][Pro] Flow Checker - #278 by martijnpoppen

2 Likes

Hey @DirkG ,

Nice ideas!

Iā€™ll check what is possible an easy to integrate.
It will probably a separate check from the current check flows. Otherwise the memory load on older Homey Proā€™s will be way too big :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

New app update (test: 1.15.2.):

• NEW: Change the app description to give more meaning to the app (:uk: :netherlands: :de: :sweden: )
  • NEW: :sweden: Swedish translation (thanks to @Lavve ! :tada: )
  • FIX: improve german Language (thanks to @DirkG )

Link to :sweden: app page: Flow Checker App fƶr Homey | Homey

2 Likes

@martijnpoppen same thing for me. Reinstall and restart multiple time does not work.

Homey v7.2.1

Report: d6fa3dc4-6db7-4230-a3c8-8e01876a91fd

@sebyldino
Iā€™ll have a look a it tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool ideas indeed. I was just looking for number of flows triggers, or better to say, trigers per eg. per minute ( xx secs etc?) becuase my Homey Pro shows constant 20% utilisation but there is nothing in the Insights so I donā€™t know what is causing that. I thoght there is some Homey script solution but found nothingā€¦ so it would be another miracle if @martijnpoppen would find a way :slight_smile:

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.15.4.):

• NEW: Change the app description to give more meaning to the app (:uk: :netherlands: :de: :sweden: )
  • NEW: :sweden: Swedish translation
  • FIX: improve german Language
  • FIX: folder filter no initialized properly

@sebyldino made a fix. Can you install the test version (link above) and check if it works for you ? :slight_smile:

Same after install. I restart the app and it works.

1 Like

New app update (live: 1.15.4.):

• NEW: :sweden: Swedish translation
  • FIX: improve german Language
  • FIX: folder filter no initialized properly

@sebyldino @Henk_Renting if you donā€™t want to receive beta/test updates anymore you can install above stable version.

1 Like

No problem, Iā€™d be happy to test if that helps.
Thanks for all the hard work!

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen, after a while, I looked into the Flow Checker app again. I noticed that there are some variables listed in the ā€œUnused Logic Variablesā€ category which are definitely in use.
Do you want a diagnostic report and some examples which variables are used in which flows?

1 Like

Hey @DirkG
Yes thatā€™s fine.

Will look at it after this weekend

Yes of course, take your time.
I send you a PM.

1 Like

New app update (live: 1.15.5.):

• FIX: check on startup for new install
1 Like

Thx Martijn!

An app URL hint I learned from @Dijker:
If you edit the URL

from
https://homey.app/en-gb/app/com.athom.flowchecker/Flow-Checker

to https://homey.app/a/com.athom.flowchecker/

Now users get the app page presented in their own (or their phoneā€™s) language (if provided for in the app) :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@Peter_Kawa
Yes I know :stuck_out_tongue:

But i copy the release messages everytime. And I forget to change the URL :man_facepalming:

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.16.0.):

• NEW: find nested logic variables in other apps THEN cards to prevent false positives

@DirkG This should prevent the false positives. :crossed_fingers:

@Peter_Kawa This probably add some extra load to the app. Can you check if everything runs fine on your Homey? :smiley:

3 Likes