[APP][Pro] Flow Checker

Hi @martijnpoppen , so far no issues, just I wonder - if I choose flow interval check to 20 min for example, variables goes to 400 min? Is it intended not to be configurable by end user? (I know there is rate limit, speaking rather about “higher then” values) .Thank you

Hi @martijnpoppen

I have noticed something. Sometimes some flowcards are very short and temporarily not available when the accompanying app is ‘unavailable’ due to restart (or update???) of the app. Flowchecker immediately marks the flows that have steps on these apps to be broken. Would it be possible to have somekind of 2nd check on the availability of flowcards before marking the flows as broken?

I was in the floweditor seeing exactly this behavior happening.

Hey @Sharkys
Yeah I made it like this to use minimum resources.

So inside the app theres only 1 interval.

Inside the interval I check :

currentInterval % (intervalSetting * 10)

so when the interval is set to 8 minutes (flows) / 80 minutes (variables):

80 % 80 = 0 -> run variable check

The default check for broken and disabled flows is not resource heavy at all.
the Variable check is really resource heavy.
But setting it to 2 minutes is really doable :slight_smile:

Ofcourse you can override it with the flowCard.

edit: Hope this makes sense though :sweat_smile:

Hey @Twan_Veugelers
FlowChecker checks once and immediately marks something as broken.
To have a second check it will run all the checks again, which are quite resource heavy.

It’s not possible to run it only for a specific app.

In case of the variable check:

• get all flows
  • get all advanced flows
  • combine all cards
  • loop trough all the cards and perform checks.

something you can do to prevent false positives. Is disable the following checkbox:

OK, thank you - I was trying to relieve somehow more my Homey Pro, which is running out of the memory and sometimes with 150% “CPU utilisation” :wink: (not because of Flow Checker but you know every byte and every CPU cycle counts)

@Sharkys only apps or also the Homey memory itself? → link

1 Like

@Sharkys what you can do: disable the interval of flowchecker and only use the custom flowcard to update everything :slight_smile:

Did that for my Homey as during development I got spammed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Only apps all together - free mem reports minus 20MB :wink: - even I got issue with Storage on top of that, because Timeline manager2, when installed, took all my storage space … and developer don"t know why and is also not keen on investigating it eg. by providing CLI install method./GitHUB etc… But in general, simply with 100 devices altogether, 800 flows…it’s getting too much :wink:
The whole memory taken I had issue with 2 years ago, when I was using too much of “device updated” triggers those from Zigbee - I replaced it with time / every xx min and memory of Homey system process was suddenly fine…

@Sharkys hmm sounds like you need the new Homey Pro :stuck_out_tongue:

You should be able to remove the app and all it’s data. not sure if you have it still installed? Otherwise I can help you out with that in a DM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep but unfortunately too many dependent apps on SDK2 still ;-(

Actually it’s interesting, Athom support had no idea what was causing that…so simply prior to app un-installation :

obrazek

after removal of Timeline Manager2 :

But why it happened only in my case and nobody else complained, no idea. And also I’m able to replicate it, happens very quickly after installing it…and I have been using it for year or so…

Martijn are you able to show the content of the “other” partition somehow ? Also it’s a pity it’s not possible to monitor it… sorry, it’s going out of the Flow checker scope yet someone else might find it useful …

Unofortunately not, but you might be able to do that on the new Homey with a export or SSH.

1 Like

New app update (live: 1.20.0.):

1. NEW: migrate from athom-api to homey-api
2. NEW: add screensaver count in settings page
3. NEW: ignore screensavers on Homey2023

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Flow Checker - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

4 Likes

f577d957-bdc6-4ecb-8c4f-a4af9434ed6f
Hiya @martijnpoppen have just sent a Diagnostic, app is reporting 8 flows as being broken but Homey does not and the flows do seem to be working. Have restarted the app and the result is the same

Edit, interesting, one of the flows was to clear app data in Simple Log, which I haven’t actually made use of for a few months. Deleted that one flow and Flow Checker then cleared all 8 flows from it’s broken flow list. The other flows had nothing to do with Simple Log

Hey @Philip_Montgomery
Strange. It might be a glitch. Sometimes that happens when a app updates or something like that.

Dont see anything strange in the logs

1 Like

As it has cleared I’m not going to worry. If it happens again I’ll send another report. Thanks for checking though

1 Like

Evening @martijnpoppen sorry to be a bother but Flow Checker is misidentifying broken flows again. 9 of them that are in fact working, no red triangles in Homey
88b15b39-9d0b-4b04-a926-2937a93c8525

Hey
@Philip_Montgomery nothing strange to see in the logs. Also hard so say without having the flow data.

Can you try to run flowchecker via the flowcard and see if it is a false positive?

Have just done so and that clears the broken flows. I had thought that starting the app performed that function. Will know for future. Thanks again

Yeah might be that a app was updating in the meantime and it triggered false positives. Not really a way to prevent that unfortunately

I’ll know for next time, I’ve kept that simple flow in my Maintenance Flows folder

1 Like