[APP][Pro] FACE++ Face Recognition for Homey

Go to face++ in the app store, scroll down, and click on ‘report an issue’

Thanks we have make it and issue

1 Like

Cool app :+1: but what does “memwarn!” in log means?

It means the app is temporarely using a lot of memory. If that happens very often, Homey will disable the app. If it happens occasionally it is no issue. Can happen if you do a lot of face recognitions in a short time.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer :+1:
Another thing, why is the app consuming so much memory? No other app I have

are using so much.

It is because of the image handling that needs a lot of memory.

Okey so thats normal?
Tow times today the app get paused, why’s that? I have good connection.

App pausing: If it causes too much load on your Homey you need to decide which app(s) you want to de-install. Or get a Homey pro.

ECONRESET: means you have a network issue. Could be your wifi, your ISP, the Face++ server, or anything in between.

Anyone having issues registering for Face++?

I get a “Invalid parameter format” when entering verification code…

Yes, me too. Same error or these Chinese signs “该API次数包已存在” What translated means
“The API package already exists”

Anybody who has an idea why the invalid parameter error as mentioned above is appearing?
The app is not useable without signing up for an api key.

Thanks.

I just tried to register myself as a new user at Face⁺⁺. Indeed you always get an error in Chinese 该API次数包已存在 (The API package already exists).

Seems like an error on their end. I suggest you contact them here: Face⁺⁺ - Face⁺⁺ Cognitive Services

Okay, I will do that. We’ll see what happens.
Thanks.

In the first flow i cant find the camera.
Only snapshot is available in the labels.
Doing something wrong or do i need to make new tag.
For the recognision i use Foscam camera.

Also have one problem, one day Homey welcomed the chinese president Xi Jinping to my house, Face++ obviously mistaked him from another family member.

1 Like

Is er ergens een duidelijk uitleg te vinden om een flow te maken met deze app in combinatie met mijn Ring deurbel?
Ik kom niet echt verder met het DAN kaartje. Ik heb daar Snapshot search faces op basis van Ring gedaan maar wat vul ik bij tag en vertraging. Dat Hal 1s after 1 sec kan ik niet echt plaatsen.
En moet ik ook nog een flow maken dat Ring een snapshot ophaalt bij beweging?

Enige hulp hierbij wordt gewaardeerd.

See an example flow here [NEW APP] FACE++ Face Recognition for Homey - #59 by Gruijter

Ps: Please keep this thread in English.

1 Like

Sorry, I forget this wasn’t in Dutch. With this example I struggle with the than card. It says hal 1s after 1 sec etc. But I have no idea how to get that and what I need to put there.
A little bit more help than just this example would be appreciated.
I have Ring doorbell with camera.

Thanks.

There is no universal flow, because all camera brands and apps have different capabilities and ways they work. I have made some screenshots especially for you when using Ring. With ring you need 3 flows in stead of 2. Note that Ring is far from ideal to use for the purpose of face recognition. The ring app can only retrieve a single snapshot on motion, so the chance to get a good snapshot for face recognition is not very high.

Step 1: Create a snapshot when Ring detects motion
Step 2: Send this snapshot to the Face++ app to do face detection
Step 3: If a face is detected, send the info about the face to Telegram

step 1:

step 2:

step 3:

2 Likes

Thanks, I will test if this will work for me than.