[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@Csaba_Nagy it starts correct. So according to the logs you should be able to receive notifications now. can you verify that?

Wow, seems to be working now. Thank you for your support! Do you have any idea what could cause this?

kƩp

@Csaba_Nagy hmm yeah some timeouts on the API. authentication, anything. Keep an eye on it if it doesnt work let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

You thanks a lot for the donation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Martin,
App seems to be crashing on creation of snapshot to local server.
Iā€™ve noticed that if you trigger the snapshot, the app becomes unavailable and by chance I noticed that it had crashed.

9f36fe4e-474b-4f1b-b154-bbadc1f4bd64

Martijn* :wink:

already replied to your report.
Your app is out of memory. Might be that your Homey is out of memory.

Iā€™m looking into to change the snapshot to a websocket instead of http api call, that would limit the resources a bit

1 Like

Thanks - ā€œlooksā€ like Homey ok (shows 1.6GB used of 2) but I donā€™t trust that graph that much! Lol.
Ok, I will continue to monitor and see if there is anything related.

1 Like

Hi Martijn,

I have previously had a simple flow when the doorbell (wireless with Homebase 2) was pressed a sound is being played on the speakers and I receive a notification on my phone. However, that does not work any more and I have tried restarting homey, restarting eufy Homebase, re-installed your app, changed the flows, read all QA, but I still cannot figure out why itā€™s not working.

Any tips or tricks would be highly appreciated!

4bbad2e2-ca7c-4c94-a885-dcfe34cf5634

@Lars_Laugen theres a error with connecting to the push notification service i see.
You can try another account maybe. That would probably fix it

Hi,

With trying another account you mean sharing devices with a new email adress (homey admin user)? If so, I have tried that.

Hey
Yes thats what i meant
Can you try to login with one of those accounts on your phone and see if you get notified when motion occurs.

And with notified i mean on your phone

Next to that do you have any adblockers on your network? Like a pi-hole?

I do get notification in the official Eufy app after switching, but still no notification or indication in Homey. Could it be something with the doorbell itself? My flow is when it is pushed. Might be strange since the doorbell is making a sound when pushed.

No adblocker on my network.

No its something in the API. Iā€™ll check Tomorrow if theres a update available

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 3.25.1):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add self-hosted snapshot option (See: FAQ Q13)

FIXES:
1: Library/API update

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Info

Allow users to use a self-hosted snapshot service to prevent the 30 snapshot per day limit.

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Donā€™t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version ā†’ Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

1 Like

@Lars_Laugen updated the API :slight_smile: see above

Just out of curiosity : do you update/change a lot Bropatā€™s library ? I see your project is referring to a static tarball to retrieve it and not using package.json to link a specific version of the original repo.

@Laurent_Chardin a bit. I contribute to Bropatā€™s repo aswell. So once I make a fix i can roll it out already to Homey instead of waiting for the PR to be merged and released :wink:
Thereā€™s not much difference a couple of small changes which are needed for Homey, but thatā€™s minimal.

As you can probably see on the repo of bropat itā€™s still waiting for release 3.0.0, but on Homey iā€™m already running that for 1,5 month :slight_smile:

Oh and the tarball is just a branch on my fork: GitHub - martijnpoppen/eufy-security-client at homey-integration

Thanks ! Great to hear thatā€¦ i totally get the ā€œi can rollout my fix and not have to wait for a PRā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Tried again, updated, restarted everything, checked the flows, but still no notifications Homey.

d774ce87-3a41-482f-a213-6acf74fd020f