[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Unfortunately not, I have never ever seen the icon in the web app (have tried to reload, clear cache etc).

@Peter_Kalrsson strange. Did you try a app restart of the Eufy app?

Hallo Martijn,

Ik heb een korte vraag over hoe je voorkomt dat als er aangebeld wordt, je niet iedere keer opnieuw het Eufy Security logo scherm te zien krijgt, voordat je eindelijk een beeld krijgt van wie er voor de deur staat haha. Zodra er een tijdje niet is aangebeld of geen beweging is geweest, lijkt het erop dat eufy zich opnieuw aanMeldt…
ik hoor het graag
Groetjes
Stephan

Hi @SR_Van_Put
Please keep this thread in English. Or use the Dutch subtopic ([APP][Pro] Eufy Security (nl))

The stream is a cloud stream, so it will always be like this
What you can do is start the stream on person detection.
But only open the stream once Somebody is ringing the doorbell

Good afternoon.
I have anoth annoying flow question I seem to be getting very wrong.

Context, I am trying to create a deterant in my back garden using floodlight cam 2, when motion detected and the house mode is night, do something…

Problem is, I do not know what to start with becuase each when

action gives me more options. So, a virtual device as the trigger can be “mode on” but when it is the AND it only gives me “is turned on”

So, the same thing happens in reverse, with the Eufy Cam, becuase if I allow that to be the AND it only allows me to choose “the motion alarm is on” - which doesnt work either.

I feel ashamed to say I think i am missing something very basic here! It feels like I need both to be when actions?

Hi @martijnpoppen
Have you had any issues using eero? I have my floodlight cam 2 outside and it is using an eero extender in a different location to the others.

IP address is different to hub and yeah, not playing ball!

Many thanks,
Nick

Hey @FranklyEpic
no issues that i’m aware of.

but it’s not 1 network?

Hi! I’m trying to control my Solocams using your app in Homey Pro, but it seems really unstable and doesn’t really work. I have set it up according to your instructions but the flows keep failing. If you look at the images I’ve attached, it is a flow I started and then again a couple of minutes later. Both cameras are set to away in the iPhone app. Any idea what is wrong? Any help would be most appreciated!

Hi All,

I’m having issues with my Homey Pro/Eufy integration. Especially my Dual Doorbell. I can sent orders to it (e.g. playing a message), but I the trigger “Doorbell is pressed” isn’t triggered when the doorbell is pressed.

• Other triggers from other Eufy devices work (e.g. status change or general alarm from Homebase)
  • I can add the doorbell and also push actions successfully
  • If I login in the Eufy app with the user that is used with Homey I do get a push message when doorbell is pressed
  • I shared my devices with this user, I didn’t add him to my home.
  • I already tried re-installing App and rebooting Homey

Can anyhelp help me solve this? Probably there is something not fully right setup, but I can’t figure it out.

@Ole_Rosset
I think it’s due to the fact the solocam is not reporting it’s status to Homey.
Best practice is to use Homey as the source of truth and let Homey control Eufy.

Due to the limitation in the API I can’t request the status without getting the user locked out :confused:

So for the current flow. Make sure to set the security mode first in Homey, so it’s aligned with Eufy.
You can do that from the device panel

Hey @Wouterr
Might be multiple things:

1. push notifications not enabled for your security mode (homey / away etc)
  2. push notifications in the doorbell settings should be on include thumbnail

if above don’t work:

1. restart the homey eufy app
  2. last option: click the orange button in the config app settings

@FranklyEpic sorry didn;t see your first message with question of the flow.

I think you need 1 flow. Because turning the night mode on and there’s motion is only a fraction of the event. Because that should happen exactly at the same time.

I would say:

WHEN motion
AND night mode is on
THEN do something

@martijnpoppen Indeed it was the type of notification. I selected “Full Effect”. It includes a thumbnail so I assumed that fit the criteria. But turns out it doesn’t :wink:

Only thing that isn’t working is the thumbnail. It’s not visible in Homey. Any ideas for that? :slight_smile:

@Wouterr the thumbnail only updates when a event happens. So person detection or motion etc

Do you get any events in Homey?
You can check the sensors tab on the device tile

I’m referring to the thumbnail from the doorbell after it has been pressed. I would assume that counts as an event?

@Wouterr yes/no
The doorbell press doesn’t always attach a thumbnail in the event…

@martijnpoppen
Ah ok, then that is probably it. Thanks!

1 Like

It is one network but they are creating meshes… either way, Homey can control an indoor 360 camera but not the floodlight cam 2.

Not sure if its an IP issue, have read your other advice. Getting timeout in homey when trying to turn it on/off

That isn’t working to well either I’m afraid. I try to set the status to the same that is in the iPhone app, but it times out and goes back to previous status or to no status at all. See attached images. Nr. 1: I try setting it to Home which is the status in the iPhone app, but it times out and goes back to Away (Nr. 2). Nr. 3. Here it times out as well and goes back to no status at all.

@FranklyEpic what you can do: go to the device settings, click reset data , click save changes, Eufy will try to update to the latest data.

A app restart might work too